The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need help- have two Tb's retired with injuries NEED HOMES ASAP

I have had both at my farm for months, and have listed one on here for awhile. But it is getting kind of desperate now to find them homes.

"Jeter" or Avenuesofnewyork is a 3 y/o 16.1 h chestnut gelding. He retired with chips in his knee that are inoperable due to where they are located and the damage already done. He has xrays that were done in March, when he continued to run three more times with a win, a 2nd, and a 3rd. New xrays were done two weeks ago showing no changes. Still the same arthritis and the same chips. He is out in a pasture, but needs a stall where he can get fed 2x a day. I do not have room. He is very sweet, very quiet. He will be suitable for light riding, flat only.

"Shippy" or Ship from abroad is a 5 y/o 15.2 h bay gelding. His knee is also the issue. He has been on basic stall rest for almost 3 months and is now on turnout in a small (24x36) dirt lot. He will not be sound for more than light riding once in awhile with bute. He is quiet and sweet and will be able to trail ride once in awhile but mostly needs to be a pasture buddy and a friend for someone. He likes to snuggle. New xrays were taken two weeks ago on him as well.

Please call or text if you can help with these guys I am in desperate need.

Race training and retraining Thoroughbreds.

Please spread the info and consider these boys.
    Race training and retraining Thoroughbreds.