The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for show coat for the big chested.

Specifically a coat made out of the new technical fabric that's come out or the soft shell fabric.

I have one and it's just a little to snug and pulls at the buttons. One with a hidden zipper would be PERFECT!!

a seamstress could probably put a hidden zipper into your existing coat.

I'm a 36DDD and got this coat this summer. I did have to get the waist taken in. I'm also 6' tall and it's the first coat that I've been able to find that just about fit perfect off the rack without costing a fortune! I've worn in it the rain and was dry underneath, and I got dumped in a sand arena and it didn't tear when I landed on the elbow. It washed up beautifully too. I just had someone take my measurements as shown in the size chart.
    Good Luck!

http://www.equisupplies.com/eous-res...-dressage-coat

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDown View Post
    I'm a 36DDD and got this coat this summer. I did have to get the waist taken in. I'm also 6' tall and it's the first coat that I've been able to find that just about fit perfect off the rack without costing a fortune! I've worn in it the rain and was dry underneath, and I got dumped in a sand arena and it didn't tear when I landed on the elbow. It washed up beautifully too. I just had someone take my measurements as shown in the size chart.
    Good Luck!

Where is their size chart? I couldn't find one.

ETA: Found it, had to enter the site a different way.
    Last edited by yaya; Oct. 22, 2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Found it!

I'm a 32G and I wear an enell bra and a pikeur skarlett coat.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Quote Originally Posted by Petstorejunkie View Post
    I'm a 32G and I wear an enell bra and a pikeur skarlett coat.
    I wear an Enell bra as well for my 38DDDs. It makes the biggest difference in wearing a coat that fits me everywhere else...no button pulls

I just bought an Ariat Crowne Pro from VTO Saddlery. I love it. It's cut for curves - doesn't need any tailoring at the waist, and that's a first for me - and the technical fabric is wonderful. Unlike other technical coats, it's single-vented so it sits flatter in back when you're in the saddle. You can get it in a shorter length (good for shorties like me) or a longer cut for taller folk.
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." - The Little Prince

Double Down: I think I may have that one. I just ordered an Eous jacket. The woman at Smartpak said it the was technical fabric and it's really not. Can you tell me if the one you have is that super thin really stretchy washable material? The one I have is way to big. Fits chest (with room) but is so big in waist and the sleeves are just SO long I think I'm going to either send it back or get a smaller size but I really wanted that wipe down technical fabric. Maybe the one you have is a different model..... I have fingers crossed that is is bc the $499 price tag of the Ariat jacket is going to kill me!!

RetroFit: Do you know where the size chart is? Does it run true to street clothes size? I think I read that it has a zipper as well as buttons but I don't see buttons in the picture. The pictures online really stink!! And just to confirm, this is the technical fabric? Basically very thin, very stretchy and wrinkle resistant, can just wipe slobber off of it? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurPlexed View Post
    RetroFit: Do you know where the size chart is? Does it run true to street clothes size? I think I read that it has a zipper as well as buttons but I don't see buttons in the picture. The pictures online really stink!! And just to confirm, this is the technical fabric? Basically very thin, very stretchy and wrinkle resistant, can just wipe slobber off of it? Thanks!!
    The online pictures of this coat don't do it justice at all! It has an inside zipper and the "buttons" are actually snaps. It has silver piping at the collar (also not in the pic) and the snaps are shiny black with the Ariat logo in silver, which gives them a little shine but not too much bling.

It's made with really good quality washable, technical fabric from Schoeller. This is important because poor quality "technical" fabrics are hotter than hell. It's not really true to size - much like other coats on the market. Go up 1 or 2 sizes. VTO was a dream to deal with and has the coats in-stock. I highly recommend them.

I know in the past Grand Prix has had an Endowed cut, where the chest was a size bigger than the rest of the jacket.

Double Down: I think I may have that one. I just ordered an Eous jacket. The woman at Smartpak said it the was technical fabric and it's really not. Can you tell me if the one you have is that super thin really stretchy washable material? The one I have is way to big. Fits chest (with room) but is so big in waist and the sleeves are just SO long I think I'm going to either send it back or get a smaller size but I really wanted that wipe down technical fabric. Maybe the one you have is a different model..... I have fingers crossed that is is bc the $499 price tag of the Ariat jacket is going to kill me!!
    The material is just like my other street soft shell coats, maybe a bit thinner, and it does stretch. I event and am way more comfortable jumping in it than any other coat I've had. The sleeves are long and the waist was a bit big for me, but being tall & having big boobs, I was just OK with it being a touch too large in places since I've not ever been able to find anything that was a closer fit. Now that the show season is over for us I'm actually meeting with a seamstress this weekend to get it tweeked. It washed perfectly, and I had to wipe the inevitable horse snot off at the show and it came off easily and just as importantly dried fast.

In their 2012 catalog Eous didn't call it a soft shell so I was bit nervous when I bought it. I looked at the material make up and compared it to other street coats they called soft shell and they were the same. There 2013 catalog does. Not sure why the change.

Okay Double Down, I ordered one.

Fingers crossed it fits!

Retro: I really like the sound of that jacket. Would you be able to post a photo and include the snaps? I wear a 16 in street clothes and the largest size it looks like they offer is an 18. I'd had to put out all that money and find out it's to small

Desert Topaz: Was it a technical fabric? Can you post a link?

Double Down: When you say "just like my other street soft shell coats" I'm not sure what that means. Sorry. The technical fabric that I'm referring to is sort of .......like...... not your typical fabric. I don't know how else to explain it. It kind of makes noise when you rub it against itself. It's waterproof and if you were to get something on it you could just take a wet rag and wipe it down. Oh and it's super stretchy. Any ideas?

ok this is the Eous that I have http://www.equisupplies.com/olympia-...-dressage-coat

It is not the fabric I'm looking for and it's also not the one you posted about. So maybe the one you have is the technical fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by KurPlexed View Post
    Retro: I really like the sound of that jacket. Would you be able to post a photo and include the snaps? I wear a 16 in street clothes and the largest size it looks like they offer is an 18. I'd had to put out all that money and find out it's to small
    I went up 2 sizes in this coat. You could talk to someone at VTO but I would be skeptical on only going up 1 size.

I'm having a really hectic week. Will try to get pics this weekend.

Double Down: When you say "just like my other street soft shell coats" I'm not sure what that means. Sorry. The technical fabric that I'm referring to is sort of .......like...... not your typical fabric. I don't know how else to explain it. It kind of makes noise when you rub it against itself. It's waterproof and if you were to get something on it you could just take a wet rag and wipe it down. Oh and it's super stretchy. Any ideas?
    The best I can say is it's the same fabric as my various Columbia and North Face (street) jackets that said on the tag "soft shell" when I bought them. Below is the link to the last one I just bought, and the fabric feels and looks the exact same. Keep in mind that not all soft shell is waterproof. You just have to read the tag carefully. The Resis-tech coat I bought is labeled waterproof and I did wear it in the rain and was dry underneath.

http://www.columbia.com/Women%27s-Te...efault,pd.html

Hope that helps!

Kurplex-
    ok this is the Eous that I have http://www.equisupplies.com/olympia-...-dressage-coat

It is not the fabric I'm looking for and it's also not the one you posted about. So maybe the one you have is the technical fabric.
    This is not the same jacket I have. This is the one I've got.

Thanks you guys. I think I'll try the Eous jacket above first since it's more reasonable. Fingers crossed. : )

Damn The Eous only goes up to a size 12

Just the other day it had way more sizes! Wonder what will happen to my order?