The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Another for sale gem. <cringe>

Companion Horse!

Friendly, calm, gentle 2 year old QH stud (tho he has no interest in the mares at the barn) available as companion horse.
    Coon-footed in back feet, possibly developing in front feet. May have DSLD, so not advisable to use for breeding.
    Was broken in young, which is the probable cause for his suspensory ligament injuries. Could possibly be ridden by light children, no heavier than 75lbs so as not to put terrible strain on his ligaments and make his condition worse.
    Please contact for more info and/or pictures.
    Jigga:
    Why must you chastise my brilliant idea with facts and logic? **picks up toys (and wine) and goes home**

I have no idea how to process this one. Mad, sad, disheartened yet in awe with the ad's honesty.

Yes, I suppose they get a nod for honesty.
    Jigga:
    Why must you chastise my brilliant idea with facts and logic? **picks up toys (and wine) and goes home**

So what do you do with it? (besides geld it) he doesn't sound the best of shape, do you put him down? Hope to find someone with a big field, and some extra spending cash on lameness issues? Ignore the fact that the person that calls on this one may be less than horse savvy?
    Honest ad, but they should offer to geld the poor thing at least, and even then I would consider euthing him.