The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

It makes me sad that I can't order any of their breeches, I'm a size 40 US and they don't carry bigger sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by SAcres View Post
    I'm looking at one of their bridles, this one. Anyone have an opinion on leather quality? I'm not looking for something comparable to a $3-400 bridle, but hopefully something that will supple up nicely and be ok for local stuff?
    no experience or opinion on leather quality whatsoever unfortunately.... but for what it's worth, that's the one I'm considering!

I was looking at either that one or the Madame.

I bought the cheapest bridle on there, the Gorgeous or whatever, as a schooling bridle for the baby horse. It should be arriving tomorrow so I will make sure to come back with reviews, and maybe even get it on her for a photoshoot!

"Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Does anyone know how their blankets run and know how durable they are?

ARGH can't get the order to process

Yeah another code I just got two saddle pads, bridle numbers, a jacket and a hair bonnet for $30 including shipping. This is getting addictive

I've bought from them once. Bought the Gorgueze bridle as a "for dressage shows only" bridle....

You're really not going to do much better on a bridle that price. The leather is pretty passable. Does it compare to stubben? nope. But it's pretty pliable and looks nice.

I also got a fleece sheet for $18. haven't had a chance to use it, but it seems pretty heavy duty from what I can tell taking it out of the package and oogling it.... ;-)

Ok so I love some things I have gotten from Horze... other things that went in the garbage after first use! Things I love: the bit I purchased, and both of the saddle pads. What I hated/threw away: the 'pile-lined brush boots' which completely ripped during the first 30 min flat ride. Pie interfered ONCE behind and the boots were toasted. NOT worth it, even though I got them with a 50% off coupon.

Sooo I would be a bit cautious about anything that you need to be durable.
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!

Quote Originally Posted by leahandpie View Post
    Ok so I love some things I have gotten from Horze... other things that went in the garbage after first use! Things I love: the bit I purchased, and both of the saddle pads. What I hated/threw away: the 'pile-lined brush boots' which completely ripped during the first 30 min flat ride. Pie interfered ONCE behind and the boots were toasted. NOT worth it, even though I got them with a 50% off coupon.

Sooo I would be a bit cautious about anything that you need to be durable.

FINALLY! I had posted something on a thread in the horse care section of COTH. Listen folks, tread very carefully with this site. I would definitely stay away from the blankets/rugs!!! It is cheap for a reason and you get what you pay for.

Bridles...well, they will come to your horse smelling like quality but be very careful as the stitching and leather is often not of good quality.

I will add to the poster's comment above:

Be cautious about anything you need to be durable....AND SAFE!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post

Be cautious about anything you need to be durable....AND SAFE!
    Thanks for posting this. I was seriously considering ordering the stud girth. I guess if it seems too good to be true...

GREAT1 isn't giving me 50% off anymore and AWESOME2 just gives a free sponge???

Can someone hook me up with the correct code?

GREAT1 worked for me yesterday.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

I bought a few cheap things from Horze in the past (last time they were having a 50% off AND FREE shipping sale).

I got a cheap nylon halter that looks great (I get compliments on it) and has held up well, especially for $5. A few brushes that were nice for the price, and a set of spurs.

I noticed that some of their blankets are 300D thats REALLY low - usually the CHEAPO $45 blankets sold at horse.com etc are 450D. I won't ever go below 600D (which still ends up with tears). 1200D is what most quality blankets are.

But I am sure you could get away with coolers and fleeces etc. I would be wary of the turn outs (even though they are so cute!)

Default Ikea for tack

this place reminds me of Ikea ... super low prices, European type store (I think they are out of Finland), hit or miss quality. If its good, its great, if is meh, then it justifies the cheap price.

But, I love a sale just as much as the next person and ordered some combi polo wraps, so we'll see. For 12 bucks for a set of 4, if its horrible quality, its not a big deal. If they are good, its a deal !!

Where is their warehouse in the US ? I think someone said its nearby to Mass ?

I like their saddle pads.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Great1 and Awesome2 worked for me. I just placed my order not but a few hours ago. And no, you can't get another 50% after taking off 50%. I tried.

I ordered the basics- saddle pads, whips, and a fleece cooler. I can report back once they arrive.

Neither code worked for me either. Some of the stuff made me nervous too. If I can get a code to work, Im going for whips and a pad. Im weird about breeches

FYI- I suppose capital letters make a differance.. ooops!

Code worked for me !