The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Educational videos?

My boyfriend and his roommates have been watching all sorts of educational videos online about music things and it makes me want to watch! I can only read COTH, Horsenation, Horsejunkiesunited, eventingnation, ect. so many times before things get repetitive! Does anyone have any online training videos/youtube sites that post good educational things? Or a new website I dont know about?!

Well...here's some ideas
    And you can take a look at my youtube site, I have some good clips from Rolex and all over there.
    hollihorse/youtube

Also, go to Waredaca, look up training three day stuff; USEA has all kinds of educational stuff; go to USEF, to Experience Eventing, and click on the riders and horses for syndication there are great videos of the green horses there that the BNT's are riding....Boyd and Silva Martin have a ton of videos....look up some of the SPONSORS of the BNT's, most of them, like Smartpak, have all KINDS of videos with them in it! Bit of Britain has a ton of great videos of Molly Rosin and others doing some neat things with BofB products ( I really like the Pessoa lunging rig demo). And if you really love eye candy you can watch race videos! I love watching race videos...I have one of one of my horses!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

A subscription to showjumperclinic.com might be good? I don't have a good internet connection, so I am holding off on a subscription, but they sell some of there videos on DVD that I just bought and they are really good.

equestriancoach.com seems expensive to me, but if you go on their facebook today there is a link for 24 hrs of free access

Quote Originally Posted by lstevenson View Post

I already check out your site! Can't afford a subscription to anywhere right now though! Thanks everyone keep em coming!

Well there's quite a bit of free stuff on there too. You just have to look for it.

http://www.MyVirtualEventingCoach.com
    Facebook page

Thanks I am going to hunt it all down now! Hopefully my loved ones will be more than enthusiastic to purchase a month of it for me and then video me riding

I know you said you didn't have the money to purchase a subscription to anything, but for future reference, horsehero.com is great - all videos, all the time, most of them educational. It comes to roughly $40/year and I like to run on my treadmill while watching. Good quality, too.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

Default thanks for timely thread

I was just thinking the same thing. One spot I like is Horse and Country TV. It's British. I like the Carl Hester series and I spend a fair amount of time at night watching CX videos over and over. It's not a lot of "educational" per se, but still plenty to be learned.

PKN

Thanks guys! I can afford $40 a year!!! Much easier to spend than $40 a month!

Jane Savoie has a ton of great video clips on YouTube to help tune up your dressage! Just type her name into YouTube and off you go! I love finding random training videos by BNTs on YouTube!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

I'm in the process of putting together a site you might be interested in. The idea of which came out of a similar situation where I couldn't find enough to read/watch. Soo... I decided to pull together lots of rider competition blogs, tips and event information (course photos/videos) in one place. The site is called Outside the Horsebox (www.outsidethehorsebox.com).

It will be both US and UK focused (I'm American, but living in the UK and finally getting to event here! ) I'm just in the process of inputing event info for the US and recruiting US based bloggers (if anyone blogs regularly and wants to contribute just drop me a line - any level, and the more the merrier!)

The idea is that it's fun to see what other eventers are up to, the challenges they face, how they get through them and follow their progress over time. I also thought it would be cool to have a bit of a US/UK cross over, see what others are doing in different countries etc.

Hope that helps give you more eventing stuff to read!

Default Evention

Quote Originally Posted by Ready To Riot View Post
    My boyfriend and his roommates have been watching all sorts of educational videos online about music things and it makes me want to watch! I can only read COTH, Horsenation, Horsejunkiesunited, eventingnation, ect. so many times before things get repetitive! Does anyone have any online training videos/youtube sites that post good educational things? Or a new website I dont know about?!
    Hi, if your looking for something fresh and different, maybe check out Evention. Its on YouTube and totally free. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/user/EventionTv

Thumbs up youtube

Check it out for many of the major events
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans