The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't have a horse that I would be able to take to a clinic by any the trainers you mentioned, but I would definitely audit.

I watched Bernie in his demos at the Horse Expo this past summer, I learned a lot just from watching. He also rode and demonstrated himself then had the girls do it on their horses.

I'm near Sacramento, several big hunter barns around here, you could probably get a lot of enthusiasm in this area.

I am co-organizing a Mike Henaghan clinic at Edgemont Farms in Petaluma on December 7-9. There may be a few spots left and if not we have plenty of auditing space. The clinic should be really fun because we have breakfast and lunch included for everyone and some great vendors coming to help you with Christmas shopping or just drooling over great stuff....
    If you are interested in attending please PM me and I can help you out.
    www.jazcreek.com
    Specialized Equine Rehabilitation and Fitness in the Wine Country

McLain Ward gives wonderful clinics to all levels of riders and horses.
    http://STA551.com
    845-363-1875

I love to do clinics as does my daughter and am based in San Francisco. Past clinics we have done include Linda Allen, Joe Fargis, Eddie Macken, Susie Hutchison and Frank Madden, all of whom were great. Bernie Traurig is super but he already does a bunch of clinics in Norcal every year - I would love to do one with Geoff Teal, McLain Ward or Will Simpson.

Default CA hunter/jumper clinics

I live in Northern California and have ridden in Michael Page's clinic twice and audited Karen Healy, George Morris and Will Simpson. I know that Greg Best is planning on having 2 clinics in Woodland (north of Sac). That being said, I highly reccomend Michael Page, very insightful, doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, etc. George Morris's clinics are geared towards the advanced eq and jumper riders, he will have riders jumping liverpools, up and down banks, etc. Karen Healy's clinics are geared toward the advanced eq rider. Will Simpson's are geared toward the upper level jumper (the clinic I audited had 2 groups, 1 3'9" group and 1 4'3" group.
    All clinicians empahsize good flat work to make your horses better jumpers.