The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

His rating on Rate My Horse Pro is 1.75 stars out of 5.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pds View Post
    His rating on Rate My Horse Pro is 1.75 stars out of 5.
    Hmm.. that one isn't on the website "Reference" page..

2 members found this post helpful.

Mr. Slaughter, I do not want to communicate with you via PM so please stop.
    I have read the USEF rules and no matter how many times you insist that you are not responsible for your suspension, it doesn't change the fact that USEF seems to believe that you are responsible (and thus you have been suspended).

The "I didn't do it", "It wasn't my fault" defense is very suspect, especially coming from an adult.

I'm heading out for watermelon twizzlers!
    Last edited by MoonLadyIsis; Sep. 21, 2012 at 05:25 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, I do have one set of jump standards and a few cavalettis. My dressage horses could be a bit shocked if you aim for anything over 2'6 although they would put in plenty of tempi changes and perhaps a half pirouette on the approach. Come to think of it, my sister's Haflinger seems to have an affinity for jumping... Would be more of a work in progress as she is only four and about 13.3 I believe.

Perhaps he thinks I am Kandi Stewart. Although you'd think he would know it is with a "K" not a "C"!

Default Former Employee = First Hand Knowledge

I am sad to say that I too was a former Equisport student turned employee who was burned.

About 3 months in to my employ with Slaughter (I prefer to use just his last name because the irony is simply suffocating), I had yet to be paid in full for my work to date. I worked 10+ hour days, 6 days a week for him and he could not pay me once, in full or on time... always excuses, always lies.

Following a horrific horse show experience and add to that repeated instances where I was embarrassed to be associated with him at other shows due to his atrocious riding AND first hand witness of his excessive force, i.e abuse to the horses, I notified him that I would not continue with Equisport. He sent partial payment despite HIS written pay-scale given to me upon hire which clearly outlined what I should be getting paid, but only received a fraction of that.

Long story short, I ended up filing with the court, went to my hearing and as expected Slaughter did not show (claiming the certified mailings from the court never reached him). Needless to say, I had a 3" binder with proof of all of my claims and the judge ruled in my favor. To this day, the amount owed is in excess of $7k and interest is ticking away, daily. Not to mention the lien I have on his home. Unfortunately, Slaughter is quite skilled at hiding any assets he has so I nor either of my attorneys have been able to collect on this judgement.

I am sharing this to support "Jumper_SoCal" whom I've spoken with personally, in detail and can confirm she is one of many, many (former) clients (as in 4 or 5 plus former employees) that I personally know who have gone through the same thing or some variation [edit], complements of Slaughter.

Here are a few helpful links for inquiring minds:

Direct USEF Suspension Listing:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

BBB showing his A- rating due to unresponsive & unresolved contract complaint:
    http://www.santabarbara.bbb.org/busi...lo-CA-92002615
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Oct. 30, 2013 at 02:35 PM.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by candico View Post
    Well, I do have one set of jump standards and a few cavalettis. My dressage horses could be a bit shocked if you aim for anything over 2'6 although they would put in plenty of tempi changes and perhaps a half pirouette on the approach. Come to think of it, my sister's Haflinger seems to have an affinity for jumping... Would be more of a work in progress as she is only four and about 13.3 I believe.

Perhaps he thinks I am Kandi Stewart. Although you'd think he would know it is with a "K" not a "C"!
    Oh, good! He is mistaking you for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by LGN View Post
    I am sad to say that I too was a former Equisport student turned employee who was burned.
    Then maybe you can put my mind at rest over this question. Were all the owners of his sales horses really "off to college"?
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

During my year or so involved with and/or working for Slaughter (2005/2006) and from my direct knowledge during that time, only 1 sale horse could slightly resemble the "owner off to college" ... when in fact she was not able to ride any longer and in the area... her and her mom would actually make trips to the barn and watch me school their horses for Slaughter.

Most of the horses that I knew of during my time and through the contacts I maintained after my departure were from out-of-town owners (much like "Jumper_SoCal") who sent their horses for training and resale. One major former client is Rainbow Equus Meadows (wonderful, honest people), whom I've heard have their own horror stories following Slaughter dealings.

My goodness, the similarity between this thread and the Jill Burnell/Gray Fox Farms thread on Sporthorse Breeding is uncanny.

Similiar complaints, just different names.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    My goodness, the similarity between this thread and the Jill Burnell/Gray Fox Farms thread on Sporthorse Breeding is uncanny.

Similiar complaints, just different names.
    Hopefully there will now be a similiar awareness of the problems people have had with Don Slaughter, as well.

It seems that people are taken-advantage-of for years, before it becomes public knowledge.

I think both Mr. Slaughter and Jill Burnell underestimate the intelligence of COTHers.

"Dear Social Mediaviewer".. "Dear Reader"...
    Really Mr. Slaughter??

The PM routine doesn't work here either.

Repeating yourself 3 times in one thread is pointless...

You are still suspended, according to USEF.

5 members found this post helpful.

Repeating yourself again won't make us believe it anymore than the first two times. Still sounds like a bunch of BS, hope everyone steers clear of Mr. Slaughter

That's MS. Social MediaViewer [sic] to you, Mr. Slaughter.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Wow, well apparently reality is still falling on (Slaughter's) deaf ears... the writing is on the wall (again and again and again) - SO, to all the "Social MediaViewers", "Readers", "Executive Trainers", and whom ever else I left out...

Again, not surprising Slaughter believes his word to be more true and correct than a California Superior Court Judge (in my personal case), the United States Equestrian Federation and the cumulative 'word of mouth' in the oh so small world of equestrian sport. If there were good news to report it would have been reported; since it is all bad news, that is what is reported. Funny how the truth always shows its pretty little face. Again, the USEF link which lists the suspension, i.e the TRUTH; Google it if you prefer:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Per Merriam Webster Dictionary, "slander" is defined as "the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation". ***KEY WORD being FALSE... When claims are witnessed first person and there are documents, other unbiased witnesses and court rulings all supporting these claims it is therefore and in conclusion not false, rather, it is TRUE! Very simple logic to follow, of course when operating in reality. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slander

The BBB currently lists Equisport International Show Jumping with an A- rating due to the following explanation: "Our complaint history for this company shows that while the company did respond to the one complaint brought to the company’s attention, the response did not address the complainant’s allegations." ***While I was not personally responsible for that BBB complaint, that is what I experienced and have court documentation which supports the pattern of his evasive behavior. Also, the link Slaughter continues to copy-and-paste is dated, i.e prior to the complaint... here is the current report OR again, Google it for yourself:
    http://www.santabarbara.bbb.org/busi...lo-CA-92002615

And last but certainly not least, I would like to point out the very basic psychological defense mechanism that Slaughter is well, slaughtering. It is called PROJECTION! Per Encyclopedia Britannica:"Projection is a form of defense in which unwanted feelings are displaced onto another person, where they then appear as a threat from the external world. A common form of projection occurs when an individual, threatened by his own angry feelings, accuses another of harboring hostile thoughts." ***Also applied to actions, i.e Slaughter accusing others of lying when in fact HE is the one lying (you get the picture).
    http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...472/projection

Ugh. I rest my case.

Yikes - this guy and Jill Burnell in the same state!!
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    Yikes - this guy and Jill Burnell in the same state!!
    It's a big state, but still.

Tip to Mr. Slaughter: Libel is written, slander is spoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ambar View Post
    It's a big state, but still.

Tip to Mr. Slaughter: Libel is written, slander is spoken.
    Further, in order for a claim or statement to be considered libel or slander the statement or claim being made must be false (i.e not true). When the USEF and a Superior Court of the State of California Judge each rule that the separate claims true, it is therefore accepted as true and thus neither libelous nor slanderous.

... Just so it's crystal clear for Slaughter... he seems to like repetition anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_SoCal View Post
    Apparently, I'm making up user names to post on here, lol! Oh and I'm also paying people to make up stories about him!! Funny as everyone has come forward to me or been willing to talk, in fact 3 people last week alone emailed me!!
    Hahaha, this is seriously becoming full time entertainment!

So, how much are you paying me because I don't recall getting paid by you OR by Slaughter, lol!

If Slaughter doesn't actually know who I am then that just adds more fuel to the fire... which leads me to ask, just how many judgements are out there against him, exactly?

WOW! I have enjoyed my wine and reading this! Looks like Mr.Slaughter finally dug has own grave! I have never posted on here however been a member for years! So no I'm not paid!