The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jingling!!! Hope kitty makes it home soon!!! I'd be beside myself, can imagine how you must feel.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Jingles. I have had one of my indoor/outdoor cats decide he wasn't going to come back inside for about a week. He'd even hiss and growl at me if he saw me. This is the sweetest little kitty ever so I was horrified. He finally decided to come back in. And just this morning another of my indoor/outdoor cats showed back up for breakfast. She's really an indoor kind of girl so I had convinced myself that the fox got her. Nope.

I do have a male outdoor only cat that will get himself stuck in trees. His record is 7 days straight. Last time, his female buddy climbed the tree to keep him company (I guess). He shows back up on the ground like nothing weird has been going on. He's currently missing but isn't in one of the trees in the front yard this time. I have acres of trees for him to pick from, though, so I think he'll show back up.

Default Still no sign...

Thanks for all of the well wishes. It poured all day yesterday and this morning. Has finally stopped. I will take a walk thru my neighbor's again later today. I did not see any sign of him when I checked this morning. Where in the world can he be?

Have you talked to neighbors? My dad's cat goes missing for 36-48 hours every now and then (infrequently, thankfully) and comes back skinny and hungry, and best we can figure she ends up locked in someone else's shed or car. Another of their cats did actually get locked in one of their cars once for 2 days Thank goodness it was Winter.

Madly jingling your boy comes home SOON!!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Have you talked to neighbors? My dad's cat goes missing for 36-48 hours every now and then (infrequently, thankfully) and comes back skinny and hungry, and best we can figure she ends up locked in someone else's shed or car. Another of their cats did actually get locked in one of their cars once for 2 days Thank goodness it was Winter.

Madly jingling your boy comes home SOON!!
    Good idea. A good friend's cat disappeared years ago and was found in a neighbor's garage loft.

DARN IT! I keep checking in on this thread hoping for a good update! Still jingling madly for your baby to come back home safe and sound!

Bumping and more jingles. Kitteh, Pleeeeeze go home!

Kitteh come HOME!!!

Still jingling in Wisconsin-- all of us, me, my kitties, and even my dog!
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Jingling for a returned kitty soon!

Sending positive thoughts your way, witherbee. He HAS to be around there somewhere! I'm confident either you'll find him or he'll come back eventually. Hang in there.

Thanks all.

None of the neighbors have seen him.
    No sign of him in any trees.
    No sign at all of him anywhere.

It's like he has just disppeared completely.

I appreciate this thread - I am just sick over this. Literally sick to my stomach and cannot sleep. I just miss the little clown so much. He's such a kind and affectionate guy. I always look at his feral dad and think what a nice cat he would have been if someone had taken care of him as a kitten - he is so feral that he runs the minute I come outside. Here Harry has had the chances his father and mother did not, but because of one mistake he is at risk.

Please keep praying for Harry to return to me - it gives me some hope that others have had them return in a week or two....

Will do, witherbee. Hang in there. Have you checked with your local shelter/animal control peeps? Was he by any cnance microchipped?

I know exactly how you feel. I lost a beautiful cat many years ago. Never found her. She disappeared on Christmas Eve. I searched for months. Is it possible for you to put up some posters in the neightborhood, with pictures if possible? You could put them at local vets' offices as well.

Default sending jungles!

Sending jingles from KY. We had a cat when I was in high school/college. She was born at our place and raised there but, when she grew up she started disappearing. Each time we were about to give up hope, she reappeared fat and healthy but seemingly thrilled to see us. We finally decided she had a second home in a nearby neighborhood. When my parents started packing to move out of state, she disappeared for good. All we could figure was that she moved into the other home permanently.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

We had a cat disappear for 2 weeks when I was a kid.

I keep checking in, hoping to find out your kitty is safe at home.

Still jingling for you and your boy!
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Don't forget to check you local humane societies in case a "well meaning" neighbor caught him and turned him in. Also, take flyers to local vets and the HSs.

I had a cat vanish for nearly a month once. I had given up hope and got home from work one day to find him sitting on the front step. Jingles for your little guy!

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

My cat vanished for a month & then one day, after much searching & misery, I saw her skirting the edge of the grass. It turned out the other 2 cats had been keeping her from getting in the house (they had a dog door & were all indoor/outdoor cats), so she got her own space in the house after that.

Positive thoughts for a return like hers :-D
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Jingling and praying for his safe return. I had a cat disappear for months, because one of my other cats kept chasing her away. Turns out she was hanging out very close to home, but someone else had been feeding her. I couldn't believe she was as close as she was but I not only never saw her, she never made a sound when I went looking for her.

My kitties and I are sending more positive thoughts your way!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg