The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jingling that he comes home from his walkabout soon.

Is he STILL missing?!?!? Jingles!!!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Default Still no sign of Harry Potter

I'm getting really discouraged. No sign at all of him. He is microchipped, so I was hoping to get a call. We did pull some boards that were in the shed down - I had a horrible feeling that he had gotten trapped there, but again, no sign of him and I really broke down because I had been so afraid he was stuck in there - relief and also frustration.

I'm making more calls today to see if he got picked up and is at the shelter etc. I guess I will put out some REWARD signs in case someone has him locally. I hope no coyotes etc got him.

Come home Harry!

I miss how he always jumps on my back when I am trying to put my shoes on in the morning. He LOVES that and lays down on my back and purrs and purrs. I don't have the heart to move him, so I just finish what I am doing with him on my back. Such a lovable clown...

Still mad MAD jingles for Harry to come HOME!!

Harry, where ARE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh Witherbee, how heart wrenching I went through the exact same thing last fall. The door wasn't shut properly and one of my kittehs, Dobbie wandered out, got spooked and bolted. Dobbie was a rescue from the shelter. We only had him for about a year at that time and he was still very very shy. Pretty much feral. We put up flyers everywhere, made calls to the local vet clinics and shelters, then waited for phone calls and kept searching the neighbourhood. It was the most heart wrenching ordeal I've been through. I didn't think we'd ever see him again. You couldn't catch him. He was too scared. We finally got a phone call from a woman literally down the street from us about 2 months later. He was in her back yard, hunkered down in her shed and hiding in her cedar hedges. Her husband had a live trap (is that what they call it?) and caught him. We had offered a reward but they wouldn't take it.

Everyone was telling me that when kitty's get out or go missing they don't tend to be very far away. There's a good chance that your beloved clown kitty is still in the area. It's hard, but keep hope. I'll keep jingling!

I had one disappear for a few days. One thing I read said go out at midnight and dawn and call him. It worked for me. Good luck.

Still jingling for Harry to come home!
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Lots of jingles still coming from California!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Mad jingles again for Harry to GO HOOOOOME!!!!

Default Harry Potter is HOME!

Yesterday, the blacksmith was here, and I was down in the barn holding horses. My husband had been seeing a stray in the barn and the back field, but we thought it was the same stray that the neighbors and I had seen (another gray tiger that was definitely NOT Harry). We had started to feed the stray thinking that we would trap and get it fixed etc., but I was in no hurry and the stray would not come close, so had no choice but to wait.

The cat had been eating the food my husband left, and was brave enough this time to come in the barn while we were there and was meowing like a cat in heat. I was able to coax the cat closer, and my husband said "look, the ear is chopped like Harry's!" Sure enough, it WAS Harry! He was so thin and his coat looks really dark compared to before, but it sure is him. He took about an hour to finally let me touch him, but once I did, he was hysterical with joy and would not stop rubbing against me, purring and "hugging" me like he always did - getting on his back legs and putting his arms around my neck so that he can rub his face on mine.

I was thrilled to have him back, but then worried about how to get him to the house and whether he and the other animals would be okay. I was able to get him into a cat carrier where he promptly freaked out. I closed all of the other cats into another part of the house and let Harry out in our bedroom. He ran to the french doors and FLUNG himself at the windows. I thought he would break them! He then jumped to the top of the french door trying to get out and scrambled all the way down - again almost breaking the windows.

Thank goodness he settled down and came to sit with me on the bed. I stayed with him for an hour or so just patting him - he never stopped meowing. Must have been telling me about his adventures.

I put Sylvester in with him (Sylvester is de-clawed and was Harry's bestie), and they were old pals right away. Later, I opened the bedroom door, but put up a dog gate so that the dogs would not run in to smell him. My husband laughed and pointed out that Harry "led the parade" to the kitchen at feed time and ate with the other cats. No one bothered him except the new puppy (who had never met him) was trying to sniff him a lot.

So happy he is home - very thin and has very bad gas from eating cat food again. He slept in his usual place last night, and he and the new puppy are both curled up on my lap as I type this.

Here he is with Sylvester, Badger and Ruby on my lap as we watched TV last night:
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38037836_n.jpg

5 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Awwww now thats the kind of ending we all want to hear . Cats have 9 lives for a reason!!!!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Yayyyy! So happy for you and Harry, and good job getting him inside. Thank you for updating-a lovely start to the week!
    Horsey romances written by a horsey person
    www.JesseHayworth.com

YAY!!!!! That is WONDERFUL news!

Yay!!!! He looks sooooo happy to be home!!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Oh my goodness that is awesome!!!

Yay! This is such great news!
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Love a happy ending and love the photo!! So glad to hear he is home!
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Yay, so happy he's home! What a great ending!!!

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

Logged in at work just to post ... YAYYYYY!!!

I remember this thread and seeing Harry and thinking what a handsome boy he was. I am SO glad he made it home safe!

The stories he could tell!!
    Full-time bargain hunter.

Yaaaaaaaay!!! What a fantastic update! So happy to hear Harry is home again! That is a lovely photo.
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!