The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I hate it when they get sick and I'm not home.

Came home from work to find that one of the beasts had massive diarrhea in the tv room by the back door. It makes me feel so awful that whoever it was had TRIED to go outside but there was no one home to let them out.

I'm pretty sure it was Tribble (corgi) because she hasn't been begging for food tonight. Both dogs got boiled rice and boiled turkey burger for dinner as a precaution, but I think Shadow will be okay with real food tomorrow. Trib's just not her normal obnoxious self tonight. Poor beast. She'll get rice and turkey through Friday.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

That's too bad. It's so humiliating for them to have to break training like that, but you couldn't help it and neither could the poor dog. Hopefully, the poor puppy will recover quickly, and whatever caused this will be over and done.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Tribble is a dog who will eat absolutely any disgusting thing she can find. I expect that it's goose poop which has upset her this time. I still hate that she feels out of sorts.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Right there with you, Guin. Came home from work tonight to the "aroma" that someone had a problem. Naturally, on the hardwood dining room floor. Was either Chico or Shorty (a bit too much to have been one of the cats). Probably Chico.

If I'd been home, he would have told me and I know he feels badly. Not sure what he got into ... but that's life on the farm.

We've all been out getting hay in the barn, so hope it's worked itself out now. Best wishes your girl is better!