The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jingles needed for my daughters Boston.

Sun/Monday morning our Boston went slumming and raided the bathroom trash helping himself to some "toiletries". Seemed well until this am and started vomiting quite a bit of food/foul smelling liquid.

Normally I'm not so hyper about some puke but knowing very well what he consumed a few days ago we went into clinic for an X-ray. There are several suspect areas pointing to foreign body. For now hes at clinic getting loads of Iv Fluids and being monitored trying to make the decision whether to leave him at clinic for the night on fluids (they don't have 24 care) transfer him to After-hours clinic to continue fluids or bring home for the night and attempt to monitor fluids myself ( vet tech). Either way his tomorrow am X-ray will determine the next step Surgery or more monitoring.

Please Jingle hard for him. He is the love of my 6 year olds daughters life her 7th Birthday is this weekend and she just lost her cat.
    Last edited by Lynnwood; Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Jingles! One of my dogs is a notorious trash raider/floor hoover and I'm always afraid she's going to eat something really bad for her? It's a scary thought!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

Jingles from S. Calif.!!!

Poor doggie! Jingles from Massachusetts!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Ohhh Bostons Seems to be one of the top cuplrits for foreign bodies around here!

Good luck with her, hope surgery isnt needed but if it is....they seem to bounce back right away. Such a resillient breed!

Jingles headed your way.

Jingles! Just had a friend's medium size dog eat a sock, and he miraculously passed it while they were considering surgery at the vet - here's hoping Boston Dude has a major, productive BM

Jingles from GA. My baby is currently sitting in a vet's office on IV Fluids for a potential foreign body as well. I am going stir crazy waiting for updates and feeling helpless. I hope you get positive updates in the next few hours and things resolve without surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLikeRain View Post
    Jingles from GA. My baby is currently sitting in a vet's office on IV Fluids for a potential foreign body as well. I am going stir crazy waiting for updates and feeling helpless. I hope you get positive updates in the next few hours and things resolve without surgery.
    Aww I'm sorry to hear that. I truly know the feeling waiting on this am's x-ray results was horrible I was going nuts staring at the phone.

My guy is home on "watch" they believe hes going to be ok. Thanks for all the well wishes.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Oh no not a Bostie! They certainly are notorious for eating things that should never be eaten! Mine is especially fond of bugs - dead or alive Fingers crossed for your little guy. They're tough little pups and I hope he is able to avoid surgery.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!

Default Jingles & AO for a complete recovery ~

Jingles & AO for your Boston to make a full recovery ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Jingling for your pup and all his people!