The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile Update on Betsy now named Susie Q

I tried to update on the original thread but was unable to send afterwards.
    If this shows up twice I apologize but I did want to share this update with you all.
    This is about the little pup I found in the middle of a busy road and my vet took her in.

UPDATE ON LITTLE BETSY (PJ) NOW SUSIE Q
    I just came in from the vet's and had to let you all know. Little Betsy (Susie Q now)
    has just bloomed already! I couldn't believe it. She's a butterball and so full of energy and a happy happy pup.

She is going to be a fantastic dog for someone. If you pick her up she is happy to just be snuggled under your chin. If you put her down she is a fire ball, beating up on her toys and having a ball.

They said the fleas had nearly sucked the little thing dry, to the point that she was swaying on her feet with weakness. She was full of worms, had to be treated for coccidia, was really really thirsty and drank and drank when she came in. They have started her on her shots.

Vet's wife said that ONLY a known person who wants her as a house dog would be considered as an owner for Susie Q when it was time.

I cried. I was so happy to see her now and see how well she is doing.

Lavender Farm, thank you so much for your generous gift to Susie Q. The vet is going to mail you a picture of her.
    They said your gift will cover everything that this little girl needed/needs and they appreciate it very much.
    While I mentioned in the other thread that they love the ones who can't pay their way just the same your very generous gift made Susie one of the ones who can pay her own way. Blessings to you and thank you for loving this teeny girl you've never met.

All the forty five minutes from the Vet I realized I was smiling. My heart feels so happy and warm,

One more thing I thought was so cute. Vet's wife said she was sitting out in the yard with Susie and Susie brought her a pine cone. She then went back and got another and then another and then more and more. By the time they were ready to come in she said Susie had gifted her with a whole pile of pine cones. What a sweet little girl.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    You know why cowboys don't like Appaloosas?" - Answer: Because to train a horse, you have to be smarter than it is.

I teared up! What a sweet little girl, and what a good person you are to have given her this shot!

We need pictures....

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    I teared up! What a sweet little girl, and what a good person you are to have given her this shot!

We need pictures....
    She is a sweet girl. I have to go back tomorrow to pick up the young cat I left to be spayed and if they aren't snowed under I'll ask to get a picture of Susie and post it.

I wish I had gotten one when I took her in so you could see the difference in what....a bit less than two weeks?
    Mary Ann, vet's wife, said they really were not sure she was going to make it at first. She said the next morning she was greeted with a slow weak little wave of the tail and she knew this little gal wasn't done yet!

This thing makes me almost silly with happiness but it still would not do for me to find out who dumped her. The outcome could have been so different.
    You know why cowboys don't like Appaloosas?" - Answer: Because to train a horse, you have to be smarter than it is.

pj - I'm so happy to read your update about Susie Q (cute name).

Again, the thanks are to you for taking the time to save her from the scary situation on the road and to your vet for having the heart to take her in and care for the animals who have no one.

I'm grateful to be able to make a small donation to have helped her.

Can't wait to see the pics of her! She sounds absolutely adorable from your post.

What a heartwarming update! It did bring tears to my eyes. For such an unfortunate little girl, she sure was blessed to be in the right place at the right time where the right person found her. Huge {{{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}} to all of the lovely people who have helped her recover. Fingers and toes crossed for her now finding the perfect home!!!!

I really messed up.

When I went to the vet today we got Susie Q and Teddy (another little saved throw a way) out, played with them a bit and then took pictures of them.
    When we had to stop we placed the pups back in their cages.

Susie started having an absolute fit. It thrilled me that she has come far enough to actually be able and willing to protest so I squatted down to take a few pictures of the fit, saw that I was taking a video and stopped.

When I got home I had NO PICTURES at all. I don't know what I did.
    I have a few seconds of a video and that's it.
    I went ahead and posted it although it's not even in good focus but anyone interested can maybe get a glimpse of what she looks like and you can tell she feels pretty strong now. Me thinks she is already pretty rotten.

http://tinypic.com/r/210j2f5/6]View

Y'all please excuse my comment. Reason for comment was I wasn't sure I could post a video and wanted y'all to see her pitching her little baby fit so was trying to get pictures.

Still not great but I managed to snag a still out of the video so at least y'all can see what her face looks like.
    http://i47.tinypic.com/24l0vf5.jpg