The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default PPE Vet Recommendations- Bloomington, IN

Hi All,
    I'm looking for vet recommendations for the Bloomington, Indiana area (northwest of Bloomington would be ideal, but open to anything within a 2-hour radius). Looking for an experienced vet for PPE for a potential upper level horse. I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!

Dr. Scott Bennett out of Simsponville, KY (outside Louisville, a little over 2 hours away from Bloomington) is very good. He owns Equine Services Surgical Hospital (which is up there with R&R and Hagyard with MRI, etc.--just on a smaller scale). He had a satellite office out of Monrovia, IN a couple of years ago. Last I heard he was still occasionally making the trip there, and that would be right around an hour away, maybe less, if he is still has that office going at all. He's got portable digital radiograph, ultrasound, etc. He's the best I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    Don't throw away opportunities because they aren't coming in exactly the form you want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dressage.For.Life. View Post
    Dr. Scott Bennett out of Simsponville, KY (outside Louisville, a little over 2 hours away from Bloomington) is very good. He owns Equine Services Surgical Hospital (which is up there with R&R and Hagyard with MRI, etc.--just on a smaller scale). He had a satellite office out of Monrovia, IN a couple of years ago. Last I heard he was still occasionally making the trip there, and that would be right around an hour away, maybe less, if he is still has that office going at all. He's got portable digital radiograph, ultrasound, etc. He's the best I know.
    Thanks!

Unless you are purchasing a horse from her there is a breeder near there that may have ideas. AllynM is her name on COTH, I believe. Try a PM.

No problem!

I used Dr. Bennett with my horse's ongoing lameness problems (and know others who use him for PPEs, lameness, etc.) and thankfully have not needed him lately (*knocking on wood*), but I'm curious as to if he still makes it up to Monrovia at all. Would you mind PMing me or updating this if you do end up calling him and find out?

Good luck with the PPE
    Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    Don't throw away opportunities because they aren't coming in exactly the form you want them to.