The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default MD-adorable 9y/o OTTB, sound, etc, some jumping *Found a home:)*

Free (forever) lease for an adorable tb.
    15.3 hand gelding, dark bay with white. He loves trail riding, and is an all around good guy who's been off the track for about a year. We had him w/t/c and jumping 2'6" courses with changes in a matter of months.
    Had a huge ankle when he came off the track- no x-rays were taken as he was SOUND SOUND SOUND and always had been. We had him sold but then at pre-purchase, x-rays of that ankle revealed a pretty knarly looking joint. The very nice lady who bought him opted to do surgery to clean out the joint even though he was sound to preserve some longevity for the guy...this was about 6 months ago. Like I said, he was never lame, just lucked into a super generous owner after the track.
    Anyway, surgery was successful. The ankle is still big, and he is still SOUND.
    He is back w/t/c and jumping small jumps at this point. The vet said he won't be sound for that stuff forever with the ankle, but also acknowledged that he shouldn't have been sound to begin with with that ankle the way it was. He even flexes sound on it! If I had to bet, I'd say he's one of those stoic creatures who stays sound forever despite what anyone else says.
    He is quiet, but does like quiet hands. Will trail ride all day long, alone or in groups, goes in water, etc. He loves attention. he's good being turned out in groups, and is easy to deal with in the barn.
    He does crib, but it is mostly controlled with a miracle collar.
    The owner just wants to find him a good home, and keep track of him to make sure he has a good life. (did i mention she's super nice?) I think he'd be an awesome hilltopper or pleasure horse, and with some work could be an awesome lesson horse for intermediate riders. PERSONALLY, I think he'd be a neat local pre-adult horse for someone who doesn't drill their horses into the ground.
    I really like him- feel free to PM with any questions, I will send photos to serious inquiries.
    TIA!
    Last edited by pinkpony321; Sep. 27, 2012 at 02:04 PM.

Bump for this really sweet, fun boy! He really needs a person

c'mon....doesn't someone want a sound, sweet, fun, willing partner....for FREE?

Where abouts in MD? I'd love to get a pic of the x-ray. I event, but would like a quiet boyfriend horse for my guy if he's up to that as well.

Kelimation- send me a PM and we can talk some more

Anyone else for this sweet boy?

Can you send me a PM and pix/video? A friend is looking for a horse like this for herself and her young daughter but he'd need to do low level event stuff. Other than that, he'd be ADORED and spoiled, along with well-cared for.