The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TC Growth...Where is a good place to start?

I just switched my gelding over to TC Senior due to his recent colic and his health and to save myself from going to 2 difference stores both at least 30 minutes in opposite directions from my house I switched my colt to TC Growth. My question is where is a good place to start pound wise? I am still switching over and he is getting probably half and half or maybe a little more TC at this point. He was on 3.5 lbs Nutrena Empower: Balance. My colt is a 7 month old Paint (solid).

Best recent confo shot that I have of him...he is still learning about not grazing during "work" time and wasnt cooperating much, lol
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...76525317_n.jpg
    LILY-13yr APHA/PtHA mare**LUKE-11yr Rescue Haflinger gelding (being leased out)**ANNIE-7yr AQHA mare

Honestly the stats on Senior and Growth are so close I would just feed him Senior. You need to feed 5-6 pounds a day of either to get all the vitamins, I believe -- the TC website will tell you what the minimum is. Switch over gradually, replacing a pound every few days.

^ Agreed.

I believe the minimum is 4 lbs daily if I remember correctly from last winter when my mare was on TC Senior. It was 4 - 6 lbs daily for a horse that could eat hay, and much more when fed as a complete feed.
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

Thanks....I did notice that the feeds were very similiar....hmmm...
    LILY-13yr APHA/PtHA mare**LUKE-11yr Rescue Haflinger gelding (being leased out)**ANNIE-7yr AQHA mare