The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hagyard Team Challenge People - XEntry stabling fee prob

I was checking some ride times on KYevents and saw this notice just posted.

Attention: Riders

I have been told that XEntry has not included stabling fees on some of the horse trials entries.
    USEA has been notified about the problem, but each of you should verify your entry for this issue. If you paid your entry via XEntry prior to now and the fee was not included, this will not penalize your entry or move you down the list by postmark. We will need additional funds to complete the entry however. USEA may be able to provide a way to add that fee via credit card, and you may want to contact them in that regard.
    About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
    -- Tom Wilson, actor & comedian

I did think it was rather cool that stabling was included and that my two entries only cost me $500.

Oh well, chalk up another hiccup in Xentry's learning curve and another big fat check. (yes, all things considered I have decided that Xentry is the lesser of two evils compared to EE and we'll just leave it at that)

Thanks for the heads up!
    Click here before you buy.

Just heard from the organizer--about 30 people experienced this mixup with Xentry. Just send in a check for stabling, no worries, they won't ding you off the list. No response yet from USEA but it's Sunday so perhaps they will have a "fix" (they are aware of the glitch) and there will be an on-line option for paying for stalls.

We just completed our event this weekend and will not use X-entries in the future. There are to many problems with the program that the organizer needs to work out with USEA for it to work properly. We are more comfortable with EE and the good old reliable paper entry, until USEA can offer a bug free quality product that does not waste an organizers time we will stay away from it. I think that they should pull this program until it is working correctly instead of useing organizers as test subjects for something that has not been developed properly yet. You do not need to hear of our problems of people entering and we having no record of the entries also. Best, Tom Cross

What a shame. I do hope they can work this out to be user friendly for everyone.