The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TOC (The Outside Course) peeps...help please?!

Hi folks! I know quite a few of you who frequent TOC also spend time here, and I need help! I know many people have great results with the classifieds on TOC, and I have a couple saddles to sell I would like to list there. I joined the board back in March of this year and can reply to posts but it will NOT let me start a new topic. I sent a PM to a moderator about 8 days ago and haven't heard a thing. Any ideas who/how to contact, so I can get this fixed? TIA everybody!

(Now back to the Spruce Meadows live feed... Beezie and Via just did an awesome job to win the Suncor class!)

On the top right, below the banner ad, or at the bottom right of the page, there isn't a blue button that says "New Topic"? What web browser are you using?

Strange, because I've never had any problems with that board. I'm not a moderator, and don't know how to contact one over there, but make sure you're signed in. If you are, when you're in the Classified section for tack, etc., what happens when you click the blue and orange "New Topic" button that's on the top right part of your screen?
    It's 2015. Do you know where your old horse is?

Using Firefox for a browser...maybe I'll try Safari. I'm signed in. When I click the "new topic" button I get a screen with "Error...your group does not have permission to post new topics in any forum." Didn't know I was a member of any groups lol!

I looked you up in the members list...you are still listed as part of the New Member group, even though it looks like you joined a while ago. Did you get an email from TOC when you joined? It's been a long time but I vaguely remember having to respond to an email to validate my account...

I hate to say it, but good luck with that. TOC rarely has need for its moderators, so there's only two of them + three board owners--and none of them has visited the board since mid-August. Sorry, but that's how the cookie crumbles. My honest advice would be to start a new account. It'll be faster than finding a mod!

I had that thought too! I'm sure I clicked through the initial validation email but I'll check. Thanks for your help guys!