The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dumor Brand Feeds..any info or feedback?

I was at Tractor Supply today and saw they carry this line of feed. The senior feed was about $3/bag less expensive than Purina's Senior and seems to have very similar ingredients. The price tag caught my attention so I grabbed a bag. It is a darker colored pellet with a nice smell and looked OK to me.

I'm curious if anyone knows the NSC or any other details? Has anyone used it?

I saw the poultry feed of that line was also reasonably priced so I got a few bags of that also. Right now with prices of feed beyond belief, I'm ready to try other brands if the quality is comparable.

I havent used the feed, but my local TSC manager recently told me that it is made by Purina. I have used the Dumor supplements and been very pleased with them. I am thinking of trying the feed as well.
    Quicksilver Farms, LLC
    "Welsh Hunter Ponies"
    Welsh Sec. B Stallions and
    Fancy Show Pony Prospects
    www.quicksilverponies.com

I've seen it in the local TSC for many years while other things come and go. I would take that to be a good sign and worth a try.

I have used it on a very uncomplicated horse and he did well on it and I would not hesitate to use it again, I have also fed the treats and they have always been well received

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I'm pretty picky about what I feed. This is for an older boarder horse and not my own but I still want to feed him decently.

I liked the hoof supplement, but again, this is the generic brand by Purina, so quality will even be more iffy than Purina's.

I thought Dumor was a "house" brand for TSC? I'm guessing it is milled by Purina since that is the name brand that they carry. I've used a couple of their supplements in a pinch and they seem decent.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Dumor is milled/bagged by Purina for Ridley Nutrition and distributed thru TSC.

Tho I do not use the feed and have no 1st hand info on their formulation, Purina nutrition and Ridley nutrition ideology are different.

I do use Dumor Hoof Supp. Tried many others and it is the best.

I've always used their poultry feed, unless I made my own feed. Adding some whole flax to it, as well as healthier table scraps (meat, fish, veggies), will boost the nutrition. I never had any issues with it, but I prefer not to feed soy to my food source so I switched to making my own feed.

The horse feed, no idea, never used it. The mare can't have soy so I stopped feeding bagged feed. I like their electrolytes though.

I love the Dumor brand products, I have used their food and supplements and the ingredients are exact with many other more expensive brands. Love their vitamin and flax supplements.