The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The President's speech

I thought it was masterful. We were in tears. It made me so proud, and I don't even like him all that much!

But seriously, that was a great speech.
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Agreed.

Like him or not, he's a brilliant speaker.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Stirring!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Amazing speech! President Obama makes me so proud to be an American!
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s

Quote Originally Posted by Cielo Azure View Post
    Amazing speech! President obama makes me so proud to be an American!
    It made me proud to be a Democrat.

A helmet saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorseProblem View Post
    Me too!
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s

THIS.

Looking forward to the debates.

Obama, Romney
    Oct 3, 16, 22

Biden, Ryan
    Oct 11

Debate details at
    http://www.2012presidentialelectionn...bate-schedule/

Me three. :-)

Thumbs up masterful, proud and no trips to Bejing

AGREED! masterful INDEED yes, and proud , too; especially liked the comment about foreign policy and the Olympics
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Ditto

They have retuned the narcissist, I am afraid that Franklin Delano Roosevelt and anyone else of sound mind would know that the count is lost in how many ways he has violated the US Constitution. That and his secret drone killing list and this interview http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/11...s-constitution with John Cusack and Jonathan Turley regarding the Neroesque ways around that trod upon document are incredible. Proud to be American when we are killing by drones hundreds of innocent civilians because the ends justifies the means? War crimes investigations of Bush and Obama are already being called for at the Hague. Wake up! Remember Nuremberg?

Human Rights Special Rapporteur Report call for US to justify Obama's drone kill list.

http://larouchepac.com/node/23094

Proud to be a real American, not a made for motion picture charade of a industrially and agriculturally destroyed country and not a word of truth about the mass suffering of the depression collapse we are currently in from the Bushwhackers and now the absolute lowest of the low Barack Hussein Obama, syncophant for Wall Street and the City of London.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    They have retuned the narcissist, I am afraid that Franklin Delano Roosevelt and anyone else of sound mind would know that the count is lost in how many ways he has violated the US Constitution. That and his secret drone killing list and this interview http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/11...s-constitution with John Cusack and Jonathan Turley regarding the Neroesque ways around that trod upon document are incredible. Proud to be American when we are killing by drones hundreds of innocent civilians because the ends justifies the means? War crimes investigations of Bush and Obama are already being called for at the Hague. Wake up! Remember Nuremberg?

Human Rights Special Rapporteur Report call for US to justify Obama's drone kill list.

Proud to be a real American, not a made for motion picture charade of a industrially and agriculturally destroyed country and not a word of truth about the mass suffering of the depression collapse we are currently in from the Bushwhackers and now the absolute lowest of the low Barack Hussein Obama, syncophant for Wall Street and the City of London.
    Okay, but you didn't say whether you liked the speech or not.

A helmet saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post

But didja like his SPEECH?!?!?1!!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Go away Calamber, and take your rantings (and one incredibly long run-on sentence!) with you.

The President gave a great speech, much better than Romney's. It took 8 years, deregulation, greed and an unfunded war to get us to 2008--you can't fix that without bipartisan agreement in under 4!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I am not a Clinton fan Glass/Seagall still pisses me off. However, I do love Obama, my kids are the same ages.

Did you catch the look Michelle gave the girls when he mentioned everyone involved in education, and that students still had to do the work. Clearly been some arguments at home!

(I know, I know. Treasonous--you got that education ALL by yourself!)

Calamber, not pulling punches, are we! Sadly, I'm in the "we are in a depression" camp more than we are in a recessions. There is no real recovery
    and with a Taxamageddon around the corner, saying a double dip recession would be optimistic.

The labor department has several formulas for stating unemployment. Use
    of U-3 begin in the 1990's. In Roosevelt's time, it was the U-6 model which
    includes underemployed, part-time wanting full time, etc. That would be
    about 16-17% today.

Don't understand the drone thing...if they know where the bad guys, capture
    and interrogate. Oh, wait, we don't do that anymore. Kill and learn nothing that might save American lives.

Bailout GM who will tank anyway, has increased their manufacturing in
    China by 55% and plans to invest $1,000,000,000 in Russia in the next five years. Throw out centuries of bankruptcy law while you're at it. Their stock is half what we taxpayers paid out it.

Millions and millions of folks with ruined lives, careers, credit ratings and futures. Been through a bunch of recessions...they seem to come and go
    like locust cycles or something. Never have I seen one so long or do so much
    long term damage. Most everything tried has been done during the Great
    Depression....it didn't work then and it's not working now. Humans never seem to learn from history.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Did you catch the look Michelle gave the girls when he mentioned everyone involved in education, and that students still had to do the work. Clearly been some arguments at home!

(I know, I know. Treasonous--you got that education ALL by yourself!)
    I saw that, and it cracked me up! It doesn't matter that they're the President's daughters....NOBODY likes to do homework!