The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Coyoteco View Post
    To stop the sillines that wastes my time over the course of more than one thread and more than one ot day.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think that the best way to "stop the silliness" is to stop posting inflammatory threads to get knee jerk reactions out of people... JMHO
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

3 members found this post helpful.

Coyoteco, I have never reported anyone for anything. If you want to hate me that is your option. I think you have some issues to sort out, but hey, if you need people to speak of "dead babies" well, I guess public forums might help you.

2 members found this post helpful.

Either way. Pot stirrer. Still over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    Why wouldn't that be an issue? Lte term abortion is serious. If the the potential bchild is catastrophicallhy damaged it should matter
    Well, I said that could be a given - that if the mother's life was in danger or the child was genetically or otherwise damaged it was not in question. That seems quite settled to me. So, my question was intended only for a situation where there was a healthy mother, a healthy fetus, and a late term abortion - I was thinking very late-term but didn't state the weeks.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I think that the best way to "stop the silliness" is to stop posting inflammatory threads to get knee jerk reactions out of people... JMHO
    Most people can have a rational discussion even if they get mad, or call a name here or there. Some people just engage in silly, but mean posts and those posts have no substance or value - just time wsters.

Well, I said that could be a given - that if the mother's life was in danger or the child was genetically or otherwise damaged it was not in question. That seems quite settled to me. So, my question was intended only for a situation where there was a healthy mother, a healthy fetus, and a late term abortion - I was thinking very late-term but didn't state the weeks.
    This is the perfect example of "if you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty but the pig likes it".

Called your game, little man.

And I thought this was about politics.

Ok, so based on your clarification, you would have no problem serving a new born in a stir fry.
    I'm not like that, I actually care about people.

Coyoteco was surprised to discover that late term abortions are usually not the result of the laziness and procrastination of the welfare class. You know... weeks and months of saying "hmmm should I have an abortion or another beer?" and opting for the beer. So that thread was not without educational merit, IMHO.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Most people can have a rational discussion even if they get mad, or call a name here or there. Some people just engage in silly, but mean posts and those posts have no substance or value - just time wsters.
    Yep, like when Coyoteco called stolen "ignorant and stupid." Like I said--progress. At least she recognizes the problem even if she can't quite see/admit she's the one doing it.

Me, left the thread? I sort of did later on, though I read pretty much all of it. i wanted to find out what people really thought and Ilearned a lot. There was an issue with taking out what I thought were the givens, life of the mother, healthy baby, late term. Many of the posts talked of issues where the baby was dead or or compromised in some way. That wasn't part of my question really.

When it go into the conflict over the conduct of the respective groups, it became less interesting.

Most late term abortions are because the fetus has a serious birth defect or the mother's health is in danger. It's not like some dumb twit said "OMG I can't fit into my jeans"

The thread got derailed first when someone posted how devastated she was when she lost an ectopic pregnancy at 7 or 8 weeks and now she is adamantly pro birth because she lost a NONVIABLE pregnancy.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

5 members found this post helpful.

----//\\----
    ---//--\\---
    --//----\\--
    -//------\\-

beat me to it. Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    Well, because YOU changed your mind, I'm going to too. And I'm not even gonna read the link.
    I'm not only not going to read it, but I'm not changing my mind either. I'm definitely pro-abortion!

Flame suit on again. Must be the mood I'm in today.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    I actually didn't know my own mind, and on post #8 already forgot what we were talking about, but I agree with whatever you're all agreeing with!

Incidentally: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...lican-platform
    Are you channeling Romney?

"I’m not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said whatever it was,” Romney
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant