The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MrsFitzDarcy&Feliks View Post
    Have you tried on RJ Classics Jackets? What size do you wear? I hate, hate armpit wedgies, so I'm willing to go larger and have it taken in as I have a relatively hourglassy figure.
    I have not. I can still wear my old Devon Aire USPC hunt coat so I just use that (well, used that when I showed). One day I will invest in a dressage coat but that's not for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonMDB9 View Post
    I heard something about smartpak having fit testers a few months back has anyone figured out how to get that info?
    When you navigate to a pair of breeches online, there is a graphic where you enter your choices for size and color that says "SmartFit testers say this runs true to size" or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMare View Post
    When you navigate to a pair of breeches online, there is a graphic where you enter your choices for size and color that says "SmartFit testers say this runs true to size" or something along those lines.
    I looked and didn't see this but I would like to become a fit tester. If anyone knows about this please chime in! Smartpak, will you chime in here???
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    ~Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by besttwtbever View Post
    I looked and didn't see this but I would like to become a fit tester. If anyone knows about this please chime in! Smartpak, will you chime in here???
    I just took a screenshot of the SmartFitters graphic but I can't figure out how to attach it. So it's under "Order This Product": http://www.smartpakequine.com/bradle...opPick-_-10100

But I believe the SmartFitters are employees of SmartPak. If you click on the ruler it will bring up a little pop-up explaining it.

BigBayHanoMare, you did an excellent job modelling. Also, love your pooch! I like the first pair on you. They looked good.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    BigBayHanoMare, you did an excellent job modelling. Also, love your pooch! I like the first pair on you. They looked good.
    Thank you, ParadoxFarm! I agree, the Treadstones looked and felt awesome. I will have to get a photo of me in my own pair of FITS, I swear those look really good on me!

My pooch is pretty awesome She's a great farm dog and everyone who meets her falls in love with her. She's 14 but you'd never know from the way she acts!

where the truck's a Ford and the tractor's green

I just took a screenshot of the SmartFitters graphic but I can't figure out how to attach it. So it's under "Order This Product": http://www.smartpakequine.com/bradle...opPick-_-10100

But I believe the SmartFitters are employees of SmartPak. If you click on the ruler it will bring up a little pop-up explaining it.

...or are they talking about people who have reviewed the product? I know recently when I did a product review (last night! I'm a Smartpak addict ) there was a scroll thingy where you got to choose the fit: ranged from small to true to size to large.

Default SmartPak here!

Hi COTH readers!

Renee here from Merchandising I've read through the thread and recruited my friend Lisa in Marketing (who is the SmartPak authority on "fit testers") to chime in on the comments about finding the right fit. Here is what she said:

“We know that finding the perfect breech can be tough, that’s why we’ve made it our mission to make purchasing fitted products from SmartPak easy and hassle-free! To help with the fit of your breeches, a team of SmartPak employees (SmartFitters), of different shapes and sizes, have tried on our best-selling breeches to help you select the right fit. You can find out what the SmartFitter’s think right on the product pages (Bradley Breeches by SmartPak- http://www.smartpakequine.com/bradle...opPick-_-10099) SmartPak also offers Free Shipping Everyday on all orders over $75 and Free Return Shipping on all sized items. If you order something and it doesn’t fit, you can return it free, no problem. To make things even easier, we include a prepaid return shipping label right on your packing slip—just stick it on box and send them back. And don’t forget, with our 100% Happiness Guarantee, if you’re ever less than thrilled with your purchase, just let us know and we’ll refund you right away.”

I wish I could be with every one of you as you shop because I see the great pictures that a few people have posted and I have comments (size up, size down, pull them up here, try this style or that, etc) that I know could help with fit. But that sadly just can't happen so we have put great policies in place that are designed to help you shop more confidently! So go ahead try more than one size with your next SmartPak order and let us know how it goes! The feedback from our customers is invaluable.

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread - so feel free to holler with any questions you may have. I'll do my best to help!

All the best,

Renee

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartPak Customer Care View Post
    I wish I could be with every one of you as you shop because I see the great pictures that a few people have posted and I have comments (size up, size down, pull them up here, try this style or that, etc) that I know could help with fit.
    Renee, I would love to hear your comments for a short, plus-sized rider like me. I was really, really bummed about the Alexus.

I've tried Fuller Fillies and they seem to have the same sizing inconsistencies/odd fit.

Renee, I am with BBHM and would love your suggestions! I know to go down a size in the TS Trophy, but any other ideas are much appreciated. SmartPak's responsiveness and return policy (ok, and clearance section) are much-loved.

BostonHJ and BigBayHanoMare feel free to email me directly at rportnoy@smartpak.com and we can chat. I think that might be an easier way to correspond since it's an individual fit issue - or if you'd prefer or if you think it would be beneficial for the group I can certainly respond here. Just let me know!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by SmartPak Customer Care View Post
    Hi COTH readers!

SmartPak also offers Free Shipping Everyday on all orders over $75 and Free Return Shipping on all sized items. If you order something and it doesn’t fit, you can return it free, no problem. To make things even easier, we include a prepaid return shipping label right on your packing slip—just stick it on box and send them back. And don’t forget, with our 100% Happiness Guarantee, if you’re ever less than thrilled with your purchase, just let us know and we’ll refund you right away.”

Not if you live north of the border here, sigh, sulk , tantrum
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

Just out of curiosity, why do breeches never post inseam length? As a (very...) short rider, it's something I need to think about before buying breeches. And since almost no breeches come in short sizes, it would be a nice consolation for those of us who can't try them on.

And once again, it's so interesting that the market for breeches in short sizes doesn't seem to be taking off. I can go to a few different stores and find a bunch of jeans in all price ranges that are short length or petite cut, but not so with breeches. Since tall and plus size markets have developed, I can only hope petite/short will be next!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie A View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why do breeches never post inseam length? As a (very...) short rider, it's something I need to think about before buying breeches. And since almost no breeches come in short sizes, it would be a nice consolation for those of us who can't try them on.

And once again, it's so interesting that the market for breeches in short sizes doesn't seem to be taking off. I can go to a few different stores and find a bunch of jeans in all price ranges that are short length or petite cut, but not so with breeches. Since tall and plus size markets have developed, I can only hope petite/short will be next!
    ITA. I really wish lengths would be posted AND that more companies would market short lenght breeches. Plenty make longs, but finding shorts is so hard. I'm down to one pair of show breeches right now and I really need a second pair, but just can't find any that I like and get tired of returning pairs (though I do love Smartpak's free shipping for this!).

Renee, I think there are a lot of equestrians in the same boat as I am, so I would have no issue at all with your suggestions over the forum. I do not hide because I am plus-sized and short; I'm working to correct the former but can't really correct the latter. If I can be of help to someone else out there, then that's icing on the cake.

This is why I love smartpak. Amazing customer service.
    Plus hilarious videos.

I'm loving this thread...thank you for exposing yourselves! I have been buying my clothes from tack sales as I hate the shopping experience and the cost...and at least now I can see what I will one day be purchasing new!

Just wanted to bump up this thread for anyone considering ordering these breeches...

FYI, if you have an autoship order for Smartpaks, you receive 10% off these breeches (well, ALL Smartpak brand products). If you are a USEF member, you receive an additional 5% off. If you have the 2013 Smartpak calendar with the monthly coupons, this month's coupon is for an additional 10% off of Smartperks. I just ordered a pair of full seat Alexus breeches for $174 and free shipping with all the discounts. Worth giving them a try at that price!

Also, the calendar coupon for February is for an additional 15% of Alexus breeches.

Wait, how do you get this calendar of coupons? I'm on SmartPaks and don't get one!

Mine came with my December stuff. I got one last year, too. Maybe call or email Smartpak Customer Service??

If I lived near Bahstin again, I would do the same. <hugz>

Renee, I think there are a lot of equestrians in the same boat as I am, so I would have no issue at all with your suggestions over the forum. I do not hide because I am plus-sized and short; I'm working to correct the former but can't really correct the latter. If I can be of help to someone else out there, then that's icing on the cake.