The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default What is your fall fashion footwear looking like

I think that my fall footwear will consist of a lot of equestrian inspired boots. I just love them and they are so comfy both hunt looking boots and authentic looking cowboy boots....

Good for you. Both are great choices. Mine fall, winter, spring and summer footwear consist of barn boots. Redbacks I believe.

I'm retired so I don't need to worry about being fashion conscious when I go out. Just some comfy mocs that are easy to slip on and off.
    Sue
    Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!

I have a wonderful friend who wears the same shoe size as me (hard to find, as I'm really small), but recently had a baby, and so I just got an awesome pair of cowboy boots from her that her calves no longer fit. They will join the other two pairs of awesome boots that she outgrew and gave me. (:

I also just ordered these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 They were so cheap, and seem to be a decent knockoff of the boots I've been longing for...

i'm getting these if i can find a 9.5 for under 200.
    heck i'm going to get them anyway, even if they are last year's model, i love them!
    http://www.planetshoes.com/item/eart...RY2NETnUhELIWg

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    I have a wonderful friend who wears the same shoe size as me (hard to find, as I'm really small), but recently had a baby, and so I just got an awesome pair of cowboy boots from her that her calves no longer fit. They will join the other two pairs of awesome boots that she outgrew and gave me. (:

I also just ordered these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 They were so cheap, and seem to be a decent knockoff of the boots I've been longing for...
    I like those boots

If I could find boots to fit my monstrous calves, I'd also be wearing lots of "riding" boots. Of course, I'd also be able to find riding boots to actually ride in ...

But, I just got this pair of wedges and I'm in love with them: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/vince-ca...esultback=2283

I didn't realize the heel height was 3", especially since there's no platform. They are super comfy and definitely speak to my personality.

Cheap tennis shoes, as always.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

As soon as it's consistently below high-70s, I will be putting on my Dubarrys and I won't remove them until April!
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

You mean people actually consider their fall fashion footwear?

Oh, it is after labor day, so put away the white shoes. Oh wait, I do not own white shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    I wanted to order a pair... too bad it's just as much to ship them as it is to buy them. Canada shipping fail.

Jeez, my "good" shoes are still an assortment of Danskos. I'm in a time warp. And I really don't mind...one of the revelations of being over 50.
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

Last year, I bought some grey suede ruched thigh-high boots that I *adore*, but was only able to wear them 3 times because it's always so freaking hot here! Hoping I'll get to wear them a few times this year, too.