The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hmmm, where is Biden??

I am confused, where was the Vice President's speech? Biden was there, in the crowd.

Perhaps, they are SCARED of what he would say??

People that defend and love Obama, can you honestly say you feel comfortable w/Biden being a heartbeat from President?

The man is a total idiot, and I assume the Dems want to keep him hidden, unless he is speaking tomorrow. He may be, but normally, the VP speaks the night before the Pres.

Did the Dems put those CHAINS around Biden? LOL

When you have a speaker like Clinton, who needs Biden? I would think he was in the crowd, cheering along with everyone else. As one of the Republican pundits stated, the GOP only wishes they had someone like Clinton.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Seriously? He's supposed to speak tomorrow night. You're starting a thread about this because you can't figure out tv guide? Wow.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/06/us...r-foibles.html

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

He was in audience, watching one of the greatest speeches in political history. Clinton's speech made Ryan's look like a middle schooler's presentation. When you have Clinton on the docket, you don't need anyone else before the main event. There's no 'rule' for who speaks at a convention

And Biden is the real deal--not rich, a working class man who has dedicated his life to service. He sticks his foot in his mouth just like a lot of posters on here do, as I have done. It's what real people who are passionate do--talk and sometimes make a faux pas. Big whoop.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Ohh goody, he is gonna speak. He will add some humor to the night.

Think Biden will be sure to repeat what he said before, Obama is CLEAN as a reason to re elect him? LOL

Seriously, what are your thoughts of him? Are you ok w/him being a heartbeat away from being your Pres?

Quote Originally Posted by Shermy View Post
    Ohh goody, he is gonna speak. He will add some humor to the night.

Think Biden will be sure to repeat what he said before, Obama is CLEAN as a reason to re elect him? LOL

Seriously, what are your thoughts of him? Are you ok w/him being a heartbeat away from being your Pres?
    YES.

Cheney, Palin, Ryan, not so much.
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Again--Biden is the real deal, a real man, with tons of experience. He's been an asset to the Obama administration, despite his sometimes funny bloopers. I want a leadership team who are calm, focused and ready to face what comes.

Romney and Ryan don't give that vibe to me, regardless of my dislike of their political stance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorseProblem View Post
    YES.

Cheney, Palin, Ryan, not so much.
    Ditto.

Actually I'd be happier to have Courtney Love a heartbeat from the presidency than any of those three.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

JoZ-- OMG, I made the dog jump when I read your comment, too funny!!

What makes Ryan any better suited to be President than Biden? What part of his limited gov't service makes him ready to take the reins? Sigh...it is silly to predict what might happen. People rise to the occasion, otherwise, why have a VP?

Let's see Joe Biden was elected to the Senate in 1972

Member & Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committe

Chairman of Senate Judiciary Committe

15th longest serving senator

He speaks with President Obama. He also ran for President, something the last two VPs running for election in the GOP never had done.

Really, someone started a thread about why Joe Biden is not speaking tonight ?
    I find it comical that people would question the credentials of such a long serving senator over the likes of Ryan....

Bye bye, Shermy. You just became the third person on my ignore list. It is always the same thing with you, every single OT day (Weekend? Week? How long will this OT forum be open?!). You can thank me for the honor, but I won't hear you.

The GOP's going to have a heck of a time digging their way out of this one. Well done, Bill Clinton!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Seriously? He's supposed to speak tomorrow night. You're starting a thread about this because you can't figure out tv guide? Wow.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/06/us...r-foibles.html

Yes, comfortable with Biden as backup. IMO, I think the Dem's strategy for picking VPs has been better than the GOP's lately. Palin and Ryan were picked for the election, to help bring in the votes of extremist voters. Gore and Biden were picked in a more foreward looking fashion, either could do the job of President if they had to. Gore was a stellar VP pick. Cheney...he was just plain scary.

Gore's choice of Lieberman was strategic for the election for sure and I'm not sure how I'd have felt about him as President.

Biden is a loose canon.

Hopefully he is carefully medicated and locked up in a vault somewhere.

Unleash Bill Clinton! He is a great speaker and motivates people. I'd love to see him debate the republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by invinoveritas View Post
    Biden is a loose canon.

Hopefully he is carefully medicated and locked up in a vault somewhere.

Unleash Bill Clinton! He is a great speaker and motivates people. I'd love to see him debate the republicans.
    So, are we voting for Clinton again.

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    Ditto.

Actually I'd be happier to have Courtney Love a heartbeat from the presidency than any of those three.

This.
    Have YOU ever looked into the eyes of a rich white child who has just lost a jumping competition?

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Let's see Joe Biden was elected to the Senate in 1972

Member & Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committe

Chairman of Senate Judiciary Committe

15th longest serving senator

He speaks with President Obama. He also ran for President, something the last two VPs running for election in the GOP never had done.

Really, someone started a thread about why Joe Biden is not speaking tonight ?
    I find it comical that people would question the credentials of such a long serving senator over the likes of Ryan....
    Please read the entire post on Biden, including the 1988 and the 2008 sections. This will help you to understand why some of us are just as to why he was placed as VP.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Shermy View Post

Well I don't know about you, but I do prefer politicians who bathe regularly.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.