The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Drive mode apps?

There is now an app for that:
    telling the person texting you that you are driving and can't answer right away...

Now, seriously...how about just not answering the damn thing until you are parked?!

That is why text were invented, no? to send a message when you can't call?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Isn't AT&T at the point of the big no texting and driving movement? Props for them.

I look at my texts, but don't respond to them until the truck is in Park. I have bluetooth, so that makes phone calls easy.

I don't understand the people who facebook while they're driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I mean I am all for it, but if you have the foresight to install an app, shouldn't you have the discipline to not bother with it...
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Those apps work automatically. You activate it and then it sends a message to anyone who sends you one while you are driving. You do not handle the phone at all once you turn the app on.

I find it useful given that I do lots of long distance driving and it's nice for people to get an instant reply letting them know that I'm driving, not just ignoring them for hours at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    I mean I am all for it, but if you have the foresight to install an app, shouldn't you have the discipline to not bother with it...
    You are not bothering with it. That is the point. The App is bothering with it for you.
    ----//\\----
    ---//--\\---
    --//----\\--
    -//------\\-

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    Those apps work automatically. You activate it and then it sends a message to anyone who sends you one while you are driving. You do not handle the phone at all once you turn the app on.

I find it useful given that I do lots of long distance driving and it's nice for people to get an instant reply letting them know that I'm driving, not just ignoring them for hours at a time.
    LOL, we are becoming slaves to our gadgets...

I mean, seriously, have we come to expect that our calls must be answered right away?

I have send texts to people when I was not sure if they could pick up the phone and I was not at all surprised when I did not get an answer back right away...
    Gosh, they were brushing me off?

oh well, seems we need the app...
    I find it sad though that we do.

I can see, however, how it might be a not so good thing if you were driving and stuck somewhere and couldn't turn the app off for whatever reason.

I usually let DH know when I leave, and where I'm going, so he can get an idea of what time I'll be there. He'll usually send me a text around that time, if I don't send him one when I get there. (Unless it's like, to the gas station 2 miles down the road or something of the sort). If I don't respond, then he'll call just to make sure everything is kosher.

I can see where an auto "I'm driving and can't text" message could maybe be a bad thing... but I'm just playing devil's advocate.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.