The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Starhouse sent us a picture of the ornament she made for Eleanor. It is really great!

Everyone should go to the coth artisan thread and order ornaments there. We ordered one from Starhouse and one from eventgroupie2 because they are the only 2 cothers who would correspond with warmbloods. And they are nice. We like eventgroupie2's horse.

1 members found this post helpful.

I had a blast for last year's SS and will be sending along my info in a few days, ChocoMare!
    The dude abides ...

SQUEE!!! SECRET SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!

We now have seen pictures of what Starhouse made for Eleanor, and what eventgroupie2 made for Eleanor. Both of the items are great!

Everyone should go over the the coth artisans thread and order some ornaments/suncatchers/other items for gifts.

WE can't wait to get then! Then we'll add them to our 2nd package and off they go to Canada. Oh wait, we'll need to pay for those, after we take another nap.

We don't know how Chocosanta can do all the work on this thread. We're exhausted just shopping for one person. We couldn't keep up with 53 people unless we took a lot more naps.
    Last edited by WildandWickedWarmbloods; Oct. 10, 2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: auto correct won't say coth

Sent mine in today!

I actually already started shopping for my COTH SS when I was traveling this summer. Love horsey shopping for Secret Santa!!!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

I will be away from my big computer for four days, so if you submit your entry, it will be Monday before it is retrieved and entered.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

I've done SS a few times, but skipped out the last cou0ple of years. It's always been tons of fun and I'll be in again this year!
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Sent mine in a couple days ago - never done this before, can't wait!

For the past 2 years my elfs have not played fair. I swear they were the same person ! I told myself that I was not going to play this year. I changed my mind because I remembered the WONDERFUL elves I had in previous years. I just wanted to give you a heads up to look up my last 2 elves if they play this year. I think that they sign up for $ 75.00 to get but not give.

We warmbloods got our last 2 items, the ornament from Starhouse and the sun catcher from eventgroupie2, Friday!

So tomorrow, or at least by Tuesday, we'll "declare" our package and ship all of it off to Eleanor. Once the 2nd package arrives at Eleanor's, we are through secret santa shopping and shipping! This was fun! We hope that everyone will be nice, and will not grinch anyone.

We recommend shopping with Starhouse and eventgroupie2 for Christmas ornaments. Their items really are nice. Eleanor's horse looks great in both items.

Secret Santa is more fun when we have a headstart on everyone else!

I've never done this before, but what the heck... it sounds fun. Email sent!

Database updated!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    For the past 2 years my elfs have not played fair. I swear they were the same person ! I told myself that I was not going to play this year. I changed my mind because I remembered the WONDERFUL elves I had in previous years. I just wanted to give you a heads up to look up my last 2 elves if they play this year. I think that they sign up for $ 75.00 to get but not give.
    Did you see this, ChocoMare?

I'm in!!

Quote Originally Posted by over the moon View Post
    Did you see this, ChocoMare?
    Oh yes. Note HAS been taken.

I think I am out this year.

I have had fabulous Secret Santas every year I signed up, and if any of them are signing up again this year, whoever gets them will be lucky as all get out.

But last year my giftee never even acknowledged receipt of the package. I know they received it (delivery confirmation), but I never received one word from them after receipt. It took all the fun out of it -- why go through a bunch of personalized shopping and trying to find the perfect gift when all you get in thanks is dead silence?

So please, those of you who are participating -- take thirty seconds to post on the SS Thread or send a PM and just acknowledge the person who sent you the gift. It's a minor courtesy that goes a long way to making someone feel like they were more than a convient credit card or something similar.

We warmbloods are often in communication with our choice, Eleanor, as well as with Starhouse and eventgroupie2 who made gifts for Eleanor.

Everyone should acknowledge gifts when they are received. (Our owner was forced to do so as a child, so she makes us do it as well. Besides, at our barns (we move a lot), people have to come thank us for giving them presents. We even have some thank you notes from humans. We're pretty nice at gift giving.) We are lucky that we have Eleanor, as she was so happy to get her kilo of Scottish breakfast tea that she told us it was OK not to send anything else. Of course, being warmbloods, we totally ignored her, and so now we're trying to get package #2 out this week from our tiny post office here in the South, eh, North Pole.

We just worry about shipping. All those meese in Canada might tear open her package and eat everything inside. Meese are dangerous!

I am getting so excited!!!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

We don't even have our SS giftees yet, and I already bought another part of their gift this weekend! Love, love, SS! Allows me to horse shop without guilt, when I really don't "need" anything for myself or my own horse!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

I'm in!
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05