The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

I would like to say a big "thank you!!!" to my elf this year, Tiffany01, for her thoughtful gift. I had kind of a rough day at work and that put a big smile on my face. I will enjoy "A Christmas Story," my DVD collection is my pride and I've been meaning to add that movie for years - who doesn't love Ralphie?! The socks look super comfy, and of course I will enjoy the Steelers lanyard for my work ID. My horse will love the candy canes Thanks again!! Merry Christmas!!
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagetraks View Post
    I've got a few people who obviously downthumb anything I say. I don't even pay any attention to the negatives anymore, just discount them.

I STILL remember the lemon bars fondly. All sorts of goodies, but especially those lemon bars.
    I know those types of people in the real world

I was actually thinking about not making lemon bars this year but I guess now I'll have to!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie A's Elf View Post
    Hey Natalie A!

Your package departs tomorrow Hope you enjoy everything.
    Way late (completely forgot about this thread) but...It arrived! Right now it's sitting unopened, trying to see if I have enough patience to make it last until Christmas
    Last edited by Natalie A; Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: quote fail

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie A View Post
    Way late (completely forgot about this thread) but...It arrived! Right now it's sitting unopened, trying to see if I have enough patience to make it last until Christmas
    Eek! I should have said - something in there is semi-perishable, so you should open that one at least right away! It is the biggest, rectangular shaped package.

Glad the box made it to ya

Default Oh twinkle.....

Your gift is on its way - however my majikal elf powers do not extend to spatial relations and I must admit I rather overestimated the amount of space inside the shipping box... Unfortunately there may be some...erm...spillage of goodies out of the sides so PLEASE do not use scissors or anything sharp to open the box!

I also hope the postal service helper elves are gentle with the box...It does contain some fragile items! Please let me know when it arrives!

I heard from my elf once in November but nothing since... I am still hopeful though that he or she is still elfing away and hasn't forgotten!
    Who say's your best friend has to be human?

My puppy alerted me yesterday that the postman delivered a box from our elf...with toasty warm gloves for me and goodies for both of us! Thank you elf!
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

Default I could not wait!

Well that box sitting on my table was taunting me last night so I opened it up.
    WOW!There was a beautiful card included that revealed my Elf and inside was a small bucket in my colors fulled with small wrapped presents! And a bag of horse cookies for Miss Mare!
    I was so excited that I have decided to make my gift last extra long by pretending it is an Advent Calendar and opening one gift every night. Last night I unwrapped a roll of purple tape. I can now make all my stuff to ensure it does not walk away at my busy barnThis will prolong my suspense and joy at a gift from my favorite stranger!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanely Eccentric View Post

I was stunned when I picked up the package at the Post Office today (UPS and USPS combine efforts at times in this little town) and saw your name and address for the return address. I admit my mind just didn't quite comprehend why you were sending me a package when I had just sent yours. Do you suppose this was planned by ChocoSanta and Freebird or happened by chance?
    Same thing happened to me! I had JUST sent abrant her package and that same night a package from her was sitting on the porch. It about blew my mind and I spent more than a few mins - as this is my first SS adventure - very perplexed!

So I emailed Susan and asked if this is how the game is supposed to be played - and she said sometimes it just works out that way.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

I received my Elf's gift and was blown away! Thank you so much, horsefaerie! My husband has already eaten all the walnuts and the seasoning was beyond delish! I've never tasted anything like it before. The shirt is perfect, I'm wearing it right now. The backpack will be wonderful for horse shows, as will the visor! The little note book is perfect to take to the barn and record our rides. Willow inhaled 4 of her treats and now I can't open my tack trunk without shameless begging! My daughter has been 'talking' to her horse cards all morning, and we put the picture frame in our bedroom! You hit the nail on the head! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so blessed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Oh my gosh! I wear horse hair!! I just got my package...which of course I opened! THANK YOU!!! I love everything!! The saddle pad is GORGEOUS, the boot socks are way too cute, the wine charms are really awesome, the tin of goodies - oh my!! And I'm not sure if you're trying to give me a subtle hint that my skin needs some help, but it does, so the bag of skin/hair care treats is fantastic too! And I happily have a lesson tonight so we'll see how Kip likes his treats as well!

THANK YOU!!
    Last edited by RolyPolyPony; Dec. 12, 2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: removed html tags

I know who my Secret Santa is! Thank you BIG RED OTTB!!! For the fragrant gifts. My living room smells very sweet and it's not coming from the Homemade Peppermint Patties my TBs are going to trample me over, or the yummy chocolate dipped cookies that I am NOt sharing! I only opened the gifts marked perishible tonight. I am *planning* to wait until Christmas to open the rest. But I will keep trying to figure out the wonderful scents I am smelling

PS I tried to bake. Peppermint Patties from Sunkissed Acres Cookbook years ago and ruined a cookie sheet when they went SPLATTIE and had to be pried off with a crowbar! But my herd, which included my blackstallion devoured every single Splattie crumb I scraped off so THANK YOU for the splattie proof recipe! I will try again this year

Quote Originally Posted by blackstallion2 View Post
    I know who my Secret Santa is! Thank you BIG RED OTTB!!! For the fragrant gifts. My living room smells very sweet and it's not coming from the Homemade Peppermint Patties my TBs are going to trample me over, or the yummy chocolate dipped cookies that I am NOt sharing! I only opened the gifts marked perishible tonight. I am *planning* to wait until Christmas to open the rest. But I will keep trying to figure out the wonderful scents I am smelling

PS I tried to bake. Peppermint Patties from Sunkissed Acres Cookbook years ago and ruined a cookie sheet when they went SPLATTIE and had to be pried off with a crowbar! But my herd, which included my blackstallion devoured every single Splattie crumb I scraped off so THANK YOU for the splattie proof recipe! I will try again this year
    YAY!!! I'm glad you like the goodies!!

As soon as I read that your horses were peppermint addicts, I knew exactly what cookies I'd be baking for them! The recipe originally called to put the peppermints in while they cookies baked....and it made a mess last year! So I changed up the recipe this year, since the cookies are plenty soft enough to put the peppermints in right out of the oven. I'm also glad you like the human cookies! They were a new recipe I saw in a magazine of all things, and I thought I'd try 'em. I realized after I had sent the package off that I forgot to include that recipe...it's posted here though, if you want to make 'em!

I'm not telling what smells so good....I think you'll like it though!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

My giftee's box has been delivered- now waiting for my giftee to be delivered to the box! I REALLY REALLY hope I picked good things!

Wow, way to go USPS! sent from WA 5PM Monday, arrived in WI at 1:40PM today! Hope my giftee had fun opening it.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Quote Originally Posted by Slewdledo View Post
    Wow, way to go USPS! sent from WA 5PM Monday, arrived in WI at 1:40PM today! Hope my giftee had fun opening it.
    I'm also impressed with USPS....a rare thing! Shipped from CA early Monday, arrived in Virginia early this morning judging by Blackstallion2's posting. I'm used to anything shipped to me via Priority Mail taking a week, and feeling lucky that anything else shipped through USPS showed up at all. They picked good timing to come through, though!

Default Happy Birthday Eleanor!

Coth shows at the bottom of page that today is Eleanor's birthday.

We warmbloods want to wish her a happy birthday and a very Merry Christmas this year!

Quote Originally Posted by RolyPolyPony View Post
    Oh my gosh! I wear horse hair!! I just got my package...which of course I opened! THANK YOU!!! I love everything!! The saddle pad is GORGEOUS, the boot socks are way too cute, the wine charms are really awesome, the tin of goodies - oh my!! And I'm not sure if you're trying to give me a subtle hint that my skin needs some help, but it does, so the bag of skin/hair care treats is fantastic too! And I happily have a lesson tonight so we'll see how Kip likes his treats as well!

THANK YOU!!
    Oh I am SOOOOO glad you liked everything!! I was sweating it out over whether or not that saddle pad would be too crazy, but I just loved it so I hoped you would as well! The treats (well, except for the tootsie rolls) are some vintage GA tastes! And no, no subtle skin hints from me, those are just some products I love so I thought I would share! Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by I wear horse hair View Post
    Oh I am SOOOOO glad you liked everything!! I was sweating it out over whether or not that saddle pad would be too crazy, but I just loved it so I hoped you would as well! The treats (well, except for the tootsie rolls) are some vintage GA tastes! And no, no subtle skin hints from me, those are just some products I love so I thought I would share! Merry Christmas!
    The saddle pad is gorgeous - I totally love it, so no sweating over it any more!

Thank you again so much - this really made my month

I got my package! I immediately put it under the tree where it awaits Christmas Day. Thank you elf!
    Member of Book Worms Clique and proud member of INCREDIBLE INVISIBLES.
    Mr Wigglebottom 1999-2010. Once in a lifetime cat. Much loved, much missed.