The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

I got my box yesterday and I had to wait until me husband got home to open it because he was as excited about is as I was!!

I was a very lucky girl this year! Jeff got a stocking of cookies - and the good molasses kind that he about turns inside out for, we got a beautiful embroidered saddle pad which is amazing because I've never had anything embroidered before and I LOVE it. We got a lovely handmade rocking horse from ten penny nails, and CHOCOLATES which disappeared pretty much immediately. Oh, and leather cleaner which is great because I live in a tack store deseart and I can't always get the good stuff.

Thank you Santa Buddy! I'm so happy we got to shop for each other - it made the experience much more fun!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by abrant View Post
    I got my box yesterday and I had to wait until me husband got home to open it because he was as excited about is as I was!!

I was a very lucky girl this year! Jeff got a stocking of cookies - and the good molasses kind that he about turns inside out for, we got a beautiful embroidered saddle pad which is amazing because I've never had anything embroidered before and I LOVE it. We got a lovely handmade rocking horse from ten penny nails, and CHOCOLATES which disappeared pretty much immediately. Oh, and leather cleaner which is great because I live in a tack store deseart and I can't always get the good stuff.

Thank you Santa Buddy! I'm so happy we got to shop for each other - it made the experience much more fun!
    Yay! I'm glad you like the saddle pad! I thought the black with the touch of purple looked awesome. And the embroidery was beautiful - makes me want one of my own

That rocking horse was made by the people who bred my horse - who are also artists. I originally got it for me - but thought you would love it too! So I'm going back to get another for myself!

Merry Christmas to my elf from your elf!!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

I have a question, my giftee has not signed in, in over a week. My package should have arrived by now and I have not heard anything from her. I know that she is a student and is most likely up to her eyeballs in tests but I am worried that the package did not arrive yet.

I did not get a tracking number since I shipped USPS priority.

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    I have a question, my giftee has not signed in, in over a week. My package should have arrived by now and I have not heard anything from her. I know that she is a student and is most likely up to her eyeballs in tests but I am worried that the package did not arrive yet.

I did not get a tracking number since I shipped USPS priority.
    I am in the same boat Shipped priority mail on Monday, and no word from my giftee yet. I can not get my elf name to let me sign on so I can send them a pm. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are busy or like me away on business. (If I am your giftee, i was home for 12 hrs fri into sat, I had no SS package as of yet. I will not be home again till thursday night. Please have patience with my schedule)

I sent mine out a few days late but I think it should have gotten there! I have very limited net access right now.

Still Christmas should be Merry!
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Shipped out my gifts Friday ... am anxiously awaiting their arrival to my giftee!!!!

I don't know what's more fun in this case; opening your Secret Santa gifts or waiting for your giftee to receive theirs!!

2 members found this post helpful.

I shipped mine out Sat.
    Im still waiting for mine LOL.

Just in time for the season, I found a lost gift from LAST year's SS. I was fishing through the cabinets wishing for a nice, hot drink, as it is coldest day of the year. I had used the last of my hot chocolate this morning. Won't go to the store till tomorrow. Thought I had more tea but didn't after all. So I was turning the cabinet inside out just in hopes that another box of chocolate had fallen behind the cans or something. No hot chocolate, but I did discover an entire box of cinnamon tea, roughly 10 bags. Last year's elf had sent me a collection of flavored teas in little miniature boxes and a collection of hot chocolate, ditto. One little tea box had obviously fallen behind the cans and been unnoticed in the dark corner all year.

It is unnoticed no longer. Thank you again, previous elf, for the great tasting hot drinks. Still being enjoyed a year later.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany01 View Post
    I shipped mine out Sat.
    Im still waiting for mine LOL.
    Hang in there. I swear you are not getting grinched. I'm here, just dealing with a raft of Life Issues ...

I got a box! I got a box! I got a box! Hay hay hay hay!

Edit: I was going to wait to open my box, but I had a really cranky day at work so I decided I needed a pick me up. I told myself I would only open one... (yeah right!)

MY Elf is amazing! (and quite a stalker too in the best way possible!) The first box I opened had a hoof pick made from a horseshoe. When I saw it I was like, WOW! I've had that very same hoof pick on my Etsy favorites! I couldn't decide if it was a coincidence or not, so I had to open another one...

A BOX FROM MY FAVORITE SOAP SUPPLY COMPANY!!! NO Way!!!
    And inside it were two of my favorite fragrances, and three new molds! Two of which were on my wish list (which is private!). Jaw dropped. Wow Elfie you are amazing! You made my month.

I have to get ready to go out to dinner now, so I'll open the rest later tonight!

Thank you! You did a great job and went above and beyond!
    Last edited by LovelyBay; Dec. 10, 2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: more
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagetraks View Post
    Just in time for the season, I found a lost gift from LAST year's SS. I was fishing through the cabinets wishing for a nice, hot drink, as it is coldest day of the year. I had used the last of my hot chocolate this morning. Won't go to the store till tomorrow. Thought I had more tea but didn't after all. So I was turning the cabinet inside out just in hopes that another box of chocolate had fallen behind the cans or something. No hot chocolate, but I did discover an entire box of cinnamon tea, roughly 10 bags. Last year's elf had sent me a collection of flavored teas in little miniature boxes and a collection of hot chocolate, ditto. One little tea box had obviously fallen behind the cans and been unnoticed in the dark corner all year.

It is unnoticed no longer. Thank you again, previous elf, for the great tasting hot drinks. Still being enjoyed a year later.
    How did this get three people to not appreciate the post? I always think it's awesome finding cool stuff you forgot about like finding cash in coat pockets when you go to put them on again in October!

Anyways, glad you're still enjoying the tea!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

I've got a few people who obviously downthumb anything I say. I don't even pay any attention to the negatives anymore, just discount them.

I STILL remember the lemon bars fondly. All sorts of goodies, but especially those lemon bars.

6 members found this post helpful.

Default KathyR - about those gifts....

Nebby found her gift as soon as I opened the box. She had her nose to her gift before I could even read the note about dog treats to refrigerate. I swear she would make a great narcotics dog or at least a great treat-sniffing dog. Then I offered her a sample of her treats and almost lost two fingers. This from a gentle dog who takes treats well multiple times a day. Obviously Nebs is thrilled with the muffins!

I was stunned when I picked up the package at the Post Office today (UPS and USPS combine efforts at times in this little town) and saw your name and address for the return address. I admit my mind just didn't quite comprehend why you were sending me a package when I had just sent yours. Do you suppose this was planned by ChocoSanta and Freebird or happened by chance?

Now is there anything else that qualifies as food in the box? If there is I don't want to put it under the tree because Nebby will surely open it after following her nose.

I can't decide whether to open now or wait...open now or wait....Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by dghunter View Post
    How did this get three people to not appreciate the post? I always think it's awesome finding cool stuff you forgot about like finding cash in coat pockets when you go to put them on again in October!

Anyways, glad you're still enjoying the tea!
    I was trying to figure that out myself! PErfectly nice thing! Sheesh!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Rudolph, et al picked up our box at 5PM tonight and it's now on its way to Badger-land.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMare View Post
    Shipped out my gifts Friday ... am anxiously awaiting their arrival to my giftee!!!!

I don't know what's more fun in this case; opening your Secret Santa gifts or waiting for your giftee to receive theirs!!
    Got it tonight.SQUEEEEEE! DH complained playfully about the saddle pads since I have a slight addiction to them. Just in time too as my favorite pad was demolished by DD's very naughty loose pony. Chocolates are hanging out in my hiding spot and oh the bag with the brushes! I LOVE them!!! TYTYTYTYTY!
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

I haven't heard from my elf since November 25th. I hope everything is okay.

I think Chocomare might have paired people up out of necessity
    I had no idea my elf and I were buying for each other until I got her package the other day. My first reaction was OH no something happened to the second box I sent her, seeing her address on it.
    But inside were a awesome assortment of Chocolates, Godiva and Dark horse
    And a few others. I am feeling my thighs spread as I type.
    The next book in a series I am reading, How did she know I was finishing the first! And a beautiful Photograph Book about Virginia, I cannot believe how gorgeous it is there, Truly Gods country, and steeped with American History.
    It is on my travel List now. Thanks Alicat518 You are the best! Please let me know when you get your second box. Would not want your boys to mis out on their Christmas fun!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

3 members found this post helpful.

I see that my giftee's box arrived safely...can't wait for her to open it! I'm still waiting on my stelf...
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

Quote Originally Posted by leilatigress View Post
    Got it tonight.SQUEEEEEE! DH complained playfully about the saddle pads since I have a slight addiction to them. Just in time too as my favorite pad was demolished by DD's very naughty loose pony. Chocolates are hanging out in my hiding spot and oh the bag with the brushes! I LOVE them!!! TYTYTYTYTY!
    You can never, ever have too many saddle pads--especially fun PLAID ones (even better if they're Baker! )! I'm so, so, SO glad you love everything, I hope you will get good use with the baby pads and brushes!