The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Default Oh, Jingo-ace! A message for you...

Jingo-bells, Jingo-bells,
    Jingo all the way!
    Across the miles from here to there
    Travels your package in the sle-igh!

Jingo, you have *quite* the surprise coming (I think!)!

The USPS independent reindeer contractors took your box with them yesterday. Hopefully it will arrive before too long (thinking a week, more or less); these reindeer get a little backlogged this time of year, it seems. Either that or they stop and play with the toys...

I'll be excited to learn if my gift selections will earn me a recommendation for Santa's Elite Elf Program (SEEP).

Merry Christmas, Jingo-ace!

Work kept interrupting my schedule lately, but I managed to get my giftee's presents wrapped, packed to ship, and even shipped out today. I know I'm a little behind the December 1st ship date, but my giftee should have her package around December 10th if I read the screen at the Post Office correctly.

Am I the only elf or are there other elves out there that have ventured off of the giftee's list and then hope you've interpreted the information correctly and gotten things they will really enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanely Eccentric View Post

Am I the only elf or are there other elves out there that have ventured off of the giftee's list and then hope you've interpreted the information correctly and gotten things they will really enjoy?
    I hope that my giftee does not think my gifts are lame. I put time and thought into my purchases. I did not stray too far of my giftee's list and I was limited to a smaller budget, even though I went over by 10 bucks. OOps.

I can't wait till she gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    I hope that my giftee does not think my gifts are lame. I put time and thought into my purchases. I did not stray too far of my giftee's list and I was limited to a smaller budget, even though I went over by 10 bucks. OOps.

I can't wait till she gets it!
    Yep, I understand how you feel from the time and thought for purchases to going over the budget. My DH would just shake his head as I contemplated gift decisions, but at least he was smiling.

I think I'm more impatient to see how my giftee likes everything sent than I am to receive a package from my elf. The anticipation is killing me.

2 members found this post helpful.

I think this elf went about $30 over the gift budget. Oh well, holiday cheer!

1 members found this post helpful.

I went slightly over budget too, but I think I made some good purchases. We will all find out in a couple of days!
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

2 members found this post helpful.

I'll send mine out Dec 8th it's been so busy lately.

I went over budget too, but not too-too badly, and I'm excited about what I got my giftee. I hope she is as excited about it as I am.

I'm also running late on the shipping, but it'll get out soon! And get there well before Christmas.
    Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
    http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com

Does anyone else get all gitty when the UPS/FedEX/Postman comes ? I live in a apt. complex and carriers are here quite often, but I am been jumping up to see where they go with each truck pulling in.

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    Does anyone else get all gitty when the UPS/FedEX/Postman comes ? I live in a apt. complex and carriers are here quite often, but I am been jumping up to see where they go with each truck pulling in.
    I do......as I live in an apt.

This is true: We actually neigh when the UPS guy comes, cause he carries smartpaks and good stuff. The postwoman doesn't so we ignore her. Plus she brought those Jefferseqine syringes and needles. Eek! (Although we aren't getting secret santa gifts. We do get a lot of good "stuff" via UPS.)

3 members found this post helpful.

you made some AWESOME choices!

Thank you so much Donker!!

I could not have done a better job myself. I can't wait to add the Tar Heel rubber duckie to the rest of the gang and the handmade apron is just was I was looking for. And you can ever go wrong with lemon pepper!

Thank you so much for brightening up my Christmas Season.

I also send you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Donkerbruin View Post
    I went slightly over budget too, but I think I made some good purchases. We will all find out in a couple of days!

It arrived today. I'm being good and put it nder the tree. If anything is perishable please tell me.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

My elf's package got to me in absurdly fast time also. I am concerned about what supplements they may be feeding the reindeer doing deliveries.

I haven't fully opened mine yet - I was warned that it wasn't wrapped so I got my mom to take possession so I wouldn't just dive in. (I'm waiting either for the holidays or until I need a pick me up, whichever comes first. ) However, she did take out an 'extra' of a secondhand baby pad (which I had asked for to try as a dog mat) and Pirate and Foxy are both deeply pleased with what has apparently become an early Christmas gift, given how much they like it.

I dunno what it is, but I put it down for Pirate to investigate and he got it all spread out right by the front door and then plopped himself down on it, even though he has a cushy bed nearby. Last night I went down in the middle of the night and Pirate and Foxy (who pretend to tolerate each other only) were both lying on it doing door guard duty.

(The floor by the front door is tile, so it's a bit cold this time of year and they normally don't sleep right next to the door as a result, because we refuse to move an actual dog bed back and forth any time someone wants to use the door. A baby pad, however, is nicely easy to pick up and fold up and tuck out of the way and then put back when it's bedtime. So everyone is pleased! )

3 members found this post helpful.

The box is safely in "Christmas Village". My little filly sets up a corral around the tree where the Christmas themed and other stuffed friends live until Santa displaces them.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMutt's Elf View Post
    Sweetmutt,

I'm working on finishing touches on the handmade portion of your gift, not fancy painted ponies like you do, but a little personal touch on something I hope you like. But your elf is also in the Elfin Choir, and this week is rush hour for Christmas concert season. I'll get things finished up this weekend, if not before, and the Priority Mail Elves will still get your box to you well before Christmas.

Your Elf
    Ooh, I'm so excited! I love handmade gifts! I plan to save it for the big day so a delay is a-okay.
    If the pony spits venom in your face or produces a loud roar, it is probably not a pony. Find another. -The Oatmeal

SweetMutt's Elf Guest

Ah good, then, I won't worry so much about not being able to work on it till the weekend. But never fear, no grinch here. Hope you enjoy things when they get opened - and while parts are edible, none is perishable, so the box will keep till the big day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo_all_the-way! View Post
    Jingo-bells, Jingo-bells,
    Jingo all the way!
    Across the miles from here to there
    Travels your package in the sle-igh!

Jingo, you have *quite* the surprise coming (I think!)!

The USPS independent reindeer contractors took your box with them yesterday. Hopefully it will arrive before too long (thinking a week, more or less); these reindeer get a little backlogged this time of year, it seems. Either that or they stop and play with the toys...

I'll be excited to learn if my gift selections will earn me a recommendation for Santa's Elite Elf Program (SEEP).

Merry Christmas, Jingo-ace!

OH MY GOODNESS!

SEEP Status GRANTED for "Jingo_all_the-way"
    Oh Yes! The reindeer made it here in record time, I think....

What a Wonderful SS I had this year! The BEST BEST BEST thing EVER....... is a dark green baby pad with my initials embroidered on the edge AND a dark green grooming tote, also embroidered! SWEEEEET! That alone woulda put me into 7th heaven! but WAIT, there's MORE.....

A great Pampered Chef cookbook, plus TWO kinds of Pampered chef spices, MARGARITA MIX and napkins & chip clip holders... OH MYYYYY! Fuzzy warm HORSEWARE sox, & cute red holiday sox to keep tootsies warm as we head down to the barn on cold feeding nights too!! YES!!!!!

There's more goodies too.... a bag of horsie pepperment treats, a cute little knife (that's going to the barn to be my hay strand cutter!) and a wonderful pair of summer-weather barn gloves that are definitely going to get some good use!

PLUS, a lovely handpainted sand-dollar ornament for my tree, and THREE of my FAVORTE SMELLS in candles - baked cookie scent, pumpkin pie scent & mulled cider. I am in sensory overload now, LOL!

ALL packed in the CUTEST EVER SNOWMAN BOX!

Christmas has definitely arrived here - thanks to my Elite Elf this year!!!!! Loved all the little notes attached. Thank you, thank you, thank you! (And yes, the *surprise" was mutual! )

J
    ‎"Luck favors the prepared, darling." ~~ Edna Mode

Mine's supposed to arrive today, so reading about everyone else's gifts makes me want to get home early! ; maybe pony will get away with a short ride tonight...
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Quote Originally Posted by Donkerbruin View Post
    Budget? We warmbloods had our owner's debit card. The sky's the limit, well until she finds out what's not in her checking account.

Remember to donate to the food banks and the people taking up for food for the needy. Today we donated some mac and cheese mix at the grocery store when we were buying our bier and wine. The service club elves that take up collections there sure are taller than "real" elves. And even taller than we are.