The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Uh, jingo-ace, we weren't kidding! We warmbloods do not think horses should work. We like to run around looking good. It's enough that we buy things. The UPS guys are great. Do you know that in their headquarters, they always smile and hold elevators for people? And say hello to strangers who are going to offices in the same building? They must take some happy pills or something. So they deliver and do all the work. We order stuff from cothers who make good items. That's hard work. So then we sleep on it. Let those reindeer do deliveries if the UPS guys cannot get there by Xmas.

We're off to look at foalingaround/lovelybay's website for gift ideas. Order something from her.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by appendixqhloverelf View Post
    Oh no! Well one more package will be heading to A since it's been mailed,but the last one I mail will be heading to the right spot I promise!
    That is ok..the mail lady does know me...she put the package in the right box. I will leave a note on Apt A's door just to cover hiney.
    OTTB - Hurricane Denton - Kane AKA Bubble boy
    Boxer - Tugger's - outlasted my marriage

Oh I so hope my stelf is out there.
    I'm going by the old rule no news is good news.
    But it's so hard to wait

2 members found this post helpful.

Alicat's Elf Guest

Hi Alicat518 Your elf is still shopping.. Waiting for something to arrive.
    I wonder if you got box number one.
    The elves in shipping are sometimes a bit careless.
    I am way over my limit but heck what does an elf need anyway~

Default Munchingonhay

A haiku for Munchingonhay:

I want to tell you
    Your gift will be a bit late
    Payday's Saturday

WOOT WWOOOT!

I don't mind! I am just happy to be apart of CoTH's SS this year!!

Yayyyyy! Got my package and I love it!! I opened it the second I got it cause, you know, couldn't let the chocolate go bad!

All of the chocolate is so yummy! The leather bracelet rocks, my cats love the treats, I can't wait to drink the coffee!! I loved everything but need to go to work, so I don't have time to keep gushing!

Thank youuuu! It's officially the holidays now
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

Alicat's Elf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat518 View Post
    Yayyyyy! Got my package and I love it!! I opened it the second I got it cause, you know, couldn't let the chocolate go bad!

All of the chocolate is so yummy! The leather bracelet rocks, my cats love the treats, I can't wait to drink the coffee!! I loved everything but need to go to work, so I don't have time to keep gushing!

Thank youuuu! It's officially the holidays now
    Horray! The postal elves came through. You made this elf's day!
    So happy you like it.. remember, more to come. Can't forget the horses!
    I can't even remember all I put in there! Treasure hunt! Merry Christmas!

Oh I might have an elf I got 2 likes to my wonder where my Stelf post! I hope I have one I need a pick-me-up this year!

Sent my elf a PM but haven't heard back, yet! I'm patient though, I promise!

I'm planning on having another cup of hot chocolate tonight from my wonderful starbucks peppermint hot chocolate!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

So I tried to post as an alter for my giftee, thought it worked and the post doesn't show up. ANYWAY. Payday Friday means gifts for my giftee should be going out early next week. I apologize for the delay but I am NOT grinching anyone. Rough, rough week at work, this one is.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Default Twinkle's Elf

Squeal !!! I can't wait. You don't have to hurry 'cuz I don't want to open the gift until Christmas. I hope that you don't mind. It 's just nice to have something to open on Christmas Day.

I am so frustrated though---I can;t post my alter. I have tried deleting everything but no luck. This is the first year that I haven't been able to post. So sorry to my giftee but I will try to make up for it with your gifts !!

Default Twinkle's Elf

I forgot to say Thank You !!! I really appreciate your effort. I hope that you have a Super elf for yourself ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Digit2009 View Post
    Holidays have been a bad time for me for as long as I can remember :-( This has made me excited about it :-)
    The shopping/planning for my giftee has been loads of fun and it's made me shop for fun little tidbits for close friends too, for me, a very nice side effect.
    You're not alone! My dad's drinking while I was growing up pretty much ruined the holidays for me. Even now, the only things I get excited about are COTH's Secret Santa and what to give my trainer for Xmas.

It's really nice to be able to look at holiday items and not flinch.
    The dude abides ...

3 members found this post helpful.

We've done all our shopping and our gifts have arrived and now.........we're bored. PM us if anyone gets grinched. We are going to sing some carols and drink some mulled wine. We really do drink!
    We and our owner always loved the holidays because we had happy lives. Remember Christmas is for family and friends and happy times. It's not for getting, it's for sharing and having fun.

Everyone relax and enjoy the season. The lights, the decorations, the family, the friends. Besides, we warmbloods get stuff all year long. At Christmas, we just think of others instead of ourselves........for one day out of the year. Every other day is warmblood day!

And remember, if your grocery store, like the one where we buy our wine and beer and uh bananas and carrots and apples, has the donation of food during this season, please donate at checkout. We donated 5 pounds of our locally produced sugar today.

5 members found this post helpful.

Dear Elf Warmbloods,

I have truly enjoyed reading all of your posts this holiday season! My warmblood could use some etiquette lessons from you!

Love,
    Donkerbruin
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

5 members found this post helpful.

I went to the mailbox yesterday and had a key for the BIG mailbox. OH..and to my surprise a package from Amazon.com

I didn't want to open it since I get very little at Christmas for presents..but the little kid kicked in..and my elf got me a Painted Pony for my collection. I am now on the hunt for more shelves to hang up in living room to display my collection!!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkerbruin View Post
    Dear Elf Warmbloods,

I have truly enjoyed reading all of your posts this holiday season! My warmblood could use some etiquette lessons from you!

Love,
    Donkerbruin
    Thank you. We try to be nice, altho we're warmbloods so it is difficult. Our owner's mother used to run behind her yelling "I thought I raised you to be a lady!" LOL LOL. Now our owner runs behind us yelling for us to mind our manners. Well, we're warmbloods so we tend to get into a lot of trouble. We're just like our owner who was always called a daredevil. Or was it just devil? But we cannot imagine people not having good experience for Christmas. We know a lot of people get depressed at Christmas, so we try to do nice things. One day a year. That's why we asked for Eleanor since she'd been grinched 3x! How can humans do that to other humans? At Christmas? Well a lump of coal in the stockings of grinches! We'll tell chocosanta and snitch on grinches.

My poor giftee is getting many things drop shipped this year. My work schedule has been intense. I love online shopping

Hey Natalie A!

Your package departs tomorrow Hope you enjoy everything.