The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Hoping to get everything sent out by next weekend. It's taking a while for everything to come in and for me to get out to the tack store.

I was really on a roll, then the hubs was hospitalized and has been there for dayssssss on end! :-( ..... we're actually cooking and packing everything and trucking up to do Thanksgiving dinner with him, LOL

then tomorrow I really will get back in this "game" so I don't end off being a grinch

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Twinkle's Elf

Mappy Thanksgiving !!! Hope it's overflowing with happiness.

I found a great surprise waiting for me when I got home last night -- a Licky Thing holder and three treat wheels!! Oliver will be very happy when I get back out to the barn.

Elfie, I hope I don't offend by opening my presents early. Working at a paper means that holidays are stressful, and typically, I'm working on the holidays as well. Like today. So, I love opening my presents as soon as I get them, so I can kind of spread out the cheer.

Thanks again! And I hope you're having a fabulous Thanksgiving!
    The dude abides ...

2 members found this post helpful.

Ten days! TEN DAYS!! Why ten days? 2 of my items for my giftee are on the way and I still want to pick up bobs and bits.

OY!

We didn't wrap Eleanor's gifts! We spent the money on the gifts, not on the wrapping. But we can rap now!

la, la, la, la, Rudolph the red-hosed reindeer,
    Liked to dress up in women's clothes.......uh uh, oh oh, wrong song, ho ho..........

Ok here we go:

There be a cool dude, name of Santa Claus,
    He delivers the gifts, without a pause,
    His elves work hard to make presents good,
    And Santa dude delivers gifts, even in the 'hood.
    We hope all you dudes have Christmas cheer,
    And don't ya get grinched, by bad dudes this year,
    We're telling our coth posse, to get those gifts out,
    And don't be a grinch, or we'll make you pout,
    Ho, ho, a'hohohohoho, yo.
    A'rapping with Santa,
    We warmbloods will go!

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1 View Post
    I found a great surprise waiting for me when I got home last night -- a Licky Thing holder and three treat wheels!! Oliver will be very happy when I get back out to the barn.

Elfie, I hope I don't offend by opening my presents early. Working at a paper means that holidays are stressful, and typically, I'm working on the holidays as well. Like today. So, I love opening my presents as soon as I get them, so I can kind of spread out the cheer.

Thanks again! And I hope you're having a fabulous Thanksgiving!
    soooo glad he'll like it!!! finally read your message and am squeeee! with excitement that you're easy peasy to shop for!!! love the pics! he's cute! I'll make sure to send multiple boxes so you have lots of opening to do :-)

ps, sorry it wasn't wrapped, I sub contracted that one and I don't think she really understood the process, LOL

2 members found this post helpful.

I did not wrap my persons either, because I am an awful wrapper, especially of odd shaped things!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

I am very easy to shop for! I don't really have any horsey friends IRL, aside from a couple of casual barn buddies, so I love doing the SS here.

Quote Originally Posted by opus1elf View Post
    ps, sorry it wasn't wrapped, I sub contracted that one and I don't think she really understood the process, LOL
    No worries! I love tearing into boxes period. Wrapped, unwrapped -- since I don't know what's in it, it's still fun!
    The dude abides ...

Oh, I am liking the sound of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstallion2's Elf View Post

Now I just need to get into baking mode, for the edible parts of your gift...for both horses and human!

It's been a bit odd to not hear from my giftee or elf this year, but I am still having great fun shopping for my giftee for what I think (hopefully) are good gift choices. I just ordered the final gift and as soon as it gets here I will happily be wrapping and packing everything and getting everything sent off to my giftee.

Seems like I've become a bit of a stelf this year, not for trying, just by chance. Actually, it seems like there's a lot of incognito work going on this year for Secret Santa COTH Edition. At first it bothered me some, but hey, Christmas is for surprises!
    Last edited by Sanely Eccentric; Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: sometimes my fingers type the wrong letters

I have a confession to make. I have bought gifts for only two people so far. My Ex-Husband (I always let my son pick out a gift for his Dad) and Snicklefritzg. How sad is that?? I just returned from the mountains, and bought all these cute little things for part 2 of her gift....my son even helped be a Jr. Elf! Of course, I still have a list of family members to shop for, but, dang it, buying for a complete stranger is so much fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snicklefritzg's Elf View Post
    I have a confession to make. I have bought gifts for only two people so far. My Ex-Husband (I always let my son pick out a gift for his Dad) and Snicklefritzg. How sad is that?? I just returned from the mountains, and bought all these cute little things for part 2 of her gift....my son even helped be a Jr. Elf! Of course, I still have a list of family members to shop for, but, dang it, buying for a complete stranger is so much fun!!
    I understand this. My adult daughter, however, does not really get it. She was asking me the other day how much I was spending on a Secret Santa gift and then questioned my spending allowances for "someone you don't even know" and my family. I tried to explain to her about horse people understanding horse people, etc. and then she shook her head and we continued our shopping.

But as for shopping for a stranger, it's not really a stranger because this person breathes horses just like we all do on COTH, so we get that and appreciate when someone else gets that as well. It's mutual gifting amongst horse people, which are a rather specific species.

Quote Originally Posted by JBCool View Post
    I guess my elf has gone stelf: haven't heard anything in quite a while. Hope he/she is ok and still out there!
    My Elf seems to have done the same. I hope I didn't scare my elf off - I tend to be horribly wordy and my answer to a question was probably ridiculously long.

On the plus side, the mail has been good to me today, so hopefully I won't have any trouble making the Dec 1 deadline. (It seemed like one thing was going to be delayed, and I was worried it wouldn't arrive on time. But it is here!)

Speaking of extras - anyone have any good recipes for horsey treats that are mailing friendly and can be made at home if you don't have access to a feed room? (No horse, not riding currently = no access to stuff like sweet feed in small amounts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Snicklefritzg's Elf View Post
    This sounds totally reasonable to me, but then my family is being Difficult about gifts this year so it limits my shopping options horribly. (Both of my parents are all 'don't bother, I don't want anything!' so I'm trying to think of maybe something I could do or a donation I could make instead.) So far I've shopped for my Secret Santa giftee and a friend's kid who I don't even usually get gifts for. (I confess to that being totally vicarious gift-buying. It was just a super awesome dinosaur thing and I had to buy it for SOMEONE, darn it. My niece and nephew are too old, so friend's kid it is.)

Which reminds me that I do need to get something for my niece and nephew, only my niece has reached That Difficult Age (13) where I have no idea what's an acceptably cool gift. I went in with my parents on Kindles and cases for both kids last year, so the obvious would be an Amazon gift card, but gift cards alone are boring. Argh!

The new Ferbies look pretty fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    The new Ferbies look pretty fun!
    You know I loved the old furbies! I thought they were funny..
    I am weird like that. Are they terribly expensive now?
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

So what's the word on revealing oneself? Should I include a note in the package, or post on here? What is everyone else doing?
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

We warmbloods are incognito. Although we might post a picture of ourselves before Christmas. Being in witness protection is very sensitive. (A few cothers IRL and in cyberspace know who were are, but they have been sworn to secrecy. Otherwise we roll their houses with toilet paper.)

We think those not in witness protection can reveal themselves whenever they want to. As for us, we're in deep cover. Or manure camouflage, as the case may be for one of us.

ETA Just everyone make sure you mail your packages so that no one will be grinched.

We think for faster delivery to Canada, that
    Santa's ride oughta,
    Be a deuce and a quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor's elf View Post
    We think for faster delivery to Canada, that
    Santa's ride oughta,
    Be a deuce and a quarter.
    Do you mean a polar bear and a caribou? I think trying to hitch those together could be a problem!
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng