The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Yes. I will give only one hint to my giftee in the fact there is one Item i give every single one of my giftees. It's a family tradition that has basically extended itself to my giftee.

Now without Further ado!
    Ode to grinanride with a butchered Oh Christmas Tree tune.

Oh grinanride oh grinanride
    I am so happy
    I really suck at poetry
    Only outdone by my singing

I am shopping hi and low'
    and have some questions yo

what is your favorite color?
    Do you need snuggly stuff?
    Do your kitties like catnip?

Oh grinanride grinanride
    I cannot wait for you to get this

1 members found this post helpful.

Since I'm one of those with a stelf and haven't heard from my giftee I'm just going to tease openly.

I did some more shopping at a tack store today. Socks, boots, saddle pads, ornaments, bags, gloves, pj's, vests, hats, jewelry......so many things to look at. Had so much fun shopping and only bought one thing for myself.

I left the store with three more items for my giftee which may or may not be listed in this post.

it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blugal's Elf View Post
    Does anyone put in inexpensive extras with their gifts? (Just little silly fun stuff. Like single serving hot chocolate packets or other cold-weather-holiday-season randomness.)
    Yes, I do (hope my giftee likes theirs), and Yes, I would like this!!!
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Quote Originally Posted by JSjumper View Post
    Oh, and question for the masses... how would you all feel about receiving a secret santa item that isn't brand new? Thoughts?
    I don't know about anyone else, but I would be delighted with a high quality used gift. I'd be thrilled that my elf had found it and found a way to do something awesome without breaking the bank. I buy consignment stuff for myself, so I think it's a fine idea!
    Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
    http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com

[QUOTE=Heliodoro's SS Elf;6662592]Do you and your husband have the same last name?

What are your feelings on chocolate? If yes, milk, dark, with or without nuts or fruit, etc.
    QUOTE]

1.) Yes, I was lucky enough to find someone else with an equally unpronouncable name that included a "Y" and a "K"

2.) I'm a plain dark chocolate girl(or with mint ala York's) at heart, plus DH isn't, so more for me!!

I still have not heard from horsefaerie... but her gifts are beginning to amass. I'm debating on sending one at a time, or all together.

Maybe a few more PM's are in order, and more sluething will be done. It's going to be a good Christmas!

Oj, JustABay! Your elf has been shopping madly! We're almost done so are on track to have your package winging its way to you by the end of the month!

Default Jonesbug!!

Oh, Jonesbug please check here or your PMs.

I have sent one there and written here. I have a list of things to put in your package, but if I am not limited by colors it will be more fantastic!

I would also like verification of your address and a time frame on where to send it.

your secret santa

Oh, Digit2009! Just in case you are checking in here and want a little more teasing...

Shopping for you wasn't tough
    It was more a matter of narrowing down stuff
    I included some small things
    I hope this season brings
    Good cheer, some fun, happy memories and luff.

I must have a stealth elf too! I usually do though, so I"m not worried. I've been shopping and sort of teasing my giftee! Everytime I go to pick up the mail I make sure to ask if there are any packages for me! This is my favorite time of year on COTH. I love to see all the teasing!
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

Clear sailing
    Your elf tried to email you!! Apparently that didn't work out so well, so now this elf has a permanent matching gmail and COTH log ins for SS every year lol. I will PM you the questions I sent to your email.

I have not been feeling 100% the last few days so a little behind.

I made out very well this year. I got a ton of teas. My fav Scottish Breakfast to start a whole kilo to keep me going a wail and a great contact to order more when I run out and more in my last box. A lovely Barkers plaid saddle pad that I will have Ury modal this weekend. a T-shirt and cap from elfs area. Some Benne wafers, never had any of these before. and the two lovely ornaments of Ury the sun catcher that eventgroupie2 made and the Christmas ornament that Starhouse. Both are very lovely and I think anyone would love to have as a gift.

I want to say a big thank you to my elfs this year. They did a great job. I also want to say that I had great degrinichers (did I spell that right) the few years that I was grinched.

Now my elfs won't give a name, even there real name so I am not able to send a thank you card.

Here are a few photos of my gifts.
    http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...60653874_n.jpg

Made by Starhouse.
    http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...33837332_n.jpg

made by eventgroupie2
    http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...43290212_n.jpg
    My life motto now is "You can't fix stupid!"

Are you going to cowboy up, or lie there and bleed

3 members found this post helpful.

OMG I love the stained glass! I"m going to have to save up and get myself one!
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

Woo hoo! My elf is here, my elf is here!

Last edited by Haiti Bound Elf; Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Hey KPF!
    Fear not.
    Your elf is not deaf.

After much discussion with my computer
    I have finally received info from my tutor.
    ChocoMare is the queen of SS Giftees,
    but I hope to put special things under your tree.

If you have any other ideas
    they are welcomed.
    If not I will assume you like zebras
    and get you polo wraps like these.
    http://www.wildhorsecolors.com/zebrapolowraps.aspx

Just kidding I swear.
    I read your profile and
    would not dare.

My rhymes stink
    but my intentions are good. *wink wink*

Hello to my elf! Very nice to see such a special poem just for me.
    I like the idea of one for you and one for me.
    I'm a Taurus by 2 days. If you are in to that sort of stuff I am on the cusp.
    A zodiac gift would be just fine with me. I wore a viking rune all thru part of college.

I do love nuts. My favorites are cashews. Also on the list are walnuts, salted and roasted almonds. I like most nuts but am not a huge fan of macadamia. Peanuts are yummy too. All those above are always more tasty dipped in chocolate and caramel too.

Thanks for making my morning.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

Eleanor, we warmbloods are so sorry that you are sick. We hope that you will feel better soon.

You don't have to thank us. We warmbloods are so vain, we know how cool we are, LOL. And while you may find this very hard to believe, we have to remain incognito, as there are some cothers who do not like us! Some IRL and some in cyberspace. Imagine that! Cothers who don't like us warmbloods. Ok so we have political and social views that may be outside the mainstream. But we're right and everyone else is wrong, duh! We're pretty opinionated, but we're right, or as the case may be, we are far to the left.

We do want to thank the people who voted in the last election. Because of them we can keep our jobs with Santa here at the North Pole. We won't have to go work for wal-mart as we would have had to if that bad guy had won. Now we just have t o worry about our state seceding........again! Our area went blue, so maybe we can stay.

We shall remain incognito. We asked Chocosanta to let us do this to make sure that Eleanor has a great Xmas this year. Xmas is a time for everyone to be happy. And to enjoy family and friends.
    And gifts. Warmbloods like lots of gifts! Hear that, Santa? Oops, we forgot there for a minute. We have just about everything we need, except that winning lotto ticket, so we don't usually get gifts at Xmas. Everyday is gift day for us warmbloods. As it should be.

We hope everyone will help people and animals all year long, and not just at Xmas. If you give to someone every day of the year, it will help others out.

So Merry Christmas to all. It's not the material things in life that makes life good, it's the animals and people that need to be cherished. We two warmbloods have each other.

P.S. One of those boxes of tea is grown, on the plants, on an island near here. Our owner drinks it. We hope you like it.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyBay View Post
    OMG I love the stained glass! I"m going to have to save up and get myself one!
    You should see the stained glass hang int eh light in a window!

We gave another one to someone else to remember her horse by.

Those sun catchers are great!

Quote Originally Posted by ReveilleandRinsie View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I would be delighted with a high quality used gift. I'd be thrilled that my elf had found it and found a way to do something awesome without breaking the bank. I buy consignment stuff for myself, so I think it's a fine idea!
    Same. I think maybe it's a bit different with horse folks than with other people, because it is more common to shop consignment and even sometimes desirable - I know some people seem to prefer buying saddles used from someone reputable because the saddle is already 'broken in' and you get exactly what you see rather than having a situation where the well-used demo saddle fits perfectly but then a brand new one that hasn't had the same life experience causes problems because the use has shaped the demo saddle in a certain way, etc. Plus, a lot of equestrian stuff, if it's good quality and cared for properly, can have quite a lot of life in it.

I probably wouldn't bother with inexpensive stuff from consignment (like, I dunno, rubber curry combs) and people items like bras/underwear/socks would be weird (although underpants and socks are traditional Christmas gifts in the UK, or so my British in-laws claimed ) but for anything where you're getting quality for a good price because it's not brand spanking new with tags, sure.