The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

I haven't heard from my elf yet, but if you are reading this, I have more info to add to the not-so-great description I gave you in the original e-mail!
    Who say's your best friend has to be human?

Default Freebird !

As your Elf, I have a couple of questions:

1) Do you have a picture of your mini and your POA cross? What size is the POA? Do you live in a place that gets cold in the winter?

2) What are your favorite colors?

3) What kinds of things do your kids enjoy doing? any particular games, books, activities or cartoons they enjoy?

4) do you prefer your dark chocolate straight up or with exotic things added? How dark do you like to go?

Let me know and I'll start shopping!

Default Calling Mmacallister, Your Elf is Here

From one OTTB to another TB,

I got your list and I'm checking it twice!
    I'll make sure my mama buys you something nice.
    Can you tell us your TB name?
    No TB is ever the same!

....we are all sooooo special.

Hugs,
    OTTB ELF

p.s. my mama says she is impressed you are going out on the trail. She knows better than to try that with me!

I have an elf! YAY!

Sadly I no longer have the pet store discount, since I was laid off almost 2 years ago. I have a different job now, but they sell jewelry- not as fun! Course I still have all the slightly defective animals I took home, as well as the horse, pony and illegal chicken. (shhh)

To answer-
    Skyline! AND White Castle

I haven't heard a peep from my elf but I've been shopping up a storm for my giftee. In fact, I'm done shopping! Now I'm at the mercy of the postal and UPS gods to deliver the goods to me so I can wrap them and ship them out in a timely manner.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

Default Oh, JustABay!

Your Elf is getting ready to shop shop shop for you at Equine Affaire (am I local to it? Am I just willing to travel superfar for my JustABay? You will find out!), and I have a few questions!

Are pierced earrings a yes or a no? Any allergies?

You like big belts and you cannot lie - what's your breech size so I know belt length if I chose to go that way...

That's it FOR NOW

2 members found this post helpful.

^ JustABay, you crack me up!!!
    I like big belts and I cannot lie!!!
    Wish I were going to Equine Affaire.
    Have a great time!!

No word from my elf and no response yet from my giftee to a few messages, either. Ah well, I am having fun shopping here in the land of silence.

2 members found this post helpful.

As your Elf, I have a couple of questions: (Make my Day - wooohoo!!)

1) Do you have a picture of your mini and your POA cross? What size is the POA? Do you live in a place that gets cold in the winter? Well, I live in Ga, so we have cold wet winters, but not snowy winters etc. Here is Ember's Album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=42b01a1db8

and Simba: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=9ee917ceb4

2) What are your favorite colors? Light Blue - and brown

3) What kinds of things do your kids enjoy doing? any particular games, books, activities or cartoons they enjoy? My 10 year old son Tyler, loves anything WWII, and my almost 2 year old, Addie Grace loves her some Caillou, Hello Kitty, and she looooves anything to do with horses.

4) do you prefer your dark chocolate straight up or with exotic things added? How dark do you like to go? I like it straight up or with coffee flavor/beans etc. I like it fairly dark, but not baking chocolate dark, lol.

Dear elf,

I think I may owe you a thank you! I came home to discover some starbucks peppermint cocoa under my mat. I'm thinking it came from you, so thank you! Otherwise I'll have to start calling everyone I know to see who sent it lol.
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

Oh my goodness! Elf, you totally just made my day!! I'm so glad you posted Ooooooo, Equine Affaire! Oh man, that's like shopping Mecca! I think I'm going to be one lucky girl!!

I do like earrings, but I'm not a fan of super dangly ones - cool studs are always appreciated!! I have allergies to nickel but can wear stainless steel/surgical steel with no problems! I also like bling belts and that ain't no lie, I generally wear a 32 breech but I usually buy a 34 belt as I like a bit of room

Thanks so much Elf, you really brightened up my day! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

dghunter_Elf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dghunter View Post
    Dear elf,

I think I may owe you a thank you! I came home to discover some starbucks peppermint cocoa under my mat. I'm thinking it came from you, so thank you! Otherwise I'll have to start calling everyone I know to see who sent it lol.
    No thanks needed, that is round one of several. Happy Holidays! If it has been as cold there as here, you will enjoy it. Otherwise, you will have to save it for the next cold spell or do this: http://picky-palate.com/2012/01/12/f...ndipity-style/

Quote Originally Posted by dghunter_Elf View Post
    No thanks needed, that is round one of several. Happy Holidays! If it has been as cold there as here, you will enjoy it. Otherwise, you will have to save it for the next cold spell or do this: http://picky-palate.com/2012/01/12/f...ndipity-style/
    It's been cold here so no frozen hot chocolate needed! But I did just enjoy a nice cup of it while watching Law and Order: SVU so thanks again!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

I am en ELF!

A virtually challenged elf to be sure.

However, I am an excellent researcher! Although my giftee gave me very little to go on. I found LOTS of info!

So someone out there who is right this minute warming their toes by a fire and drinking some hot cocoa is going to be gifted s o o n.

Your anonymous elf!
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Thank you so OTTB elf! My TB's name is Grahms Delight and she loves to trail ride, just don't take her through water, she thinks all water is there for her to splash and play and roll in!! Deciding to retire her was tough, but 2 bowed tendons on the track don't hold up well to the mountains. Now she is my big dog that follows me around, begs for treats (and beer) and licks my hand when I am out of treats.

Here is the TB looking regal (she stood in this pose until the photographer was done) http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...type=3&theater

and here is my steady little qh
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...type=3&theater
    Last edited by MMacallister; Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: to add pictures

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagetraks View Post
    No word from my elf and no response yet from my giftee to a few messages, either. Ah well, I am having fun shopping here in the land of silence.
    I am in that same land. It's looking like stealth mode this year, though I rather like the attempts of rhyming and teasing.

I figure we may as well chat about shopping since our elves and giftees aren't. So far I've shopped at Smartpak, a local store (not necessarily horse-related), and am heading to a fun tack store near Denver soon. There's also a craft fair I might check into on Saturday. How about you?

1 members found this post helpful.

OK, I found something last week that I think would be awesome for #4. Only problem is I was so tempted that I...umm...well...opened it. I'll have to go get a second one now. lol. I swear by this stuff, but only before 8pm unless I don't have to be up early the next morning. In the morning though, that's a totally different story

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    As your Elf, I have a couple of questions: (Make my Day - wooohoo!!)

1) Do you have a picture of your mini and your POA cross? What size is the POA? Do you live in a place that gets cold in the winter? Well, I live in Ga, so we have cold wet winters, but not snowy winters etc. Here is Ember's Album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=42b01a1db8

and Simba: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=9ee917ceb4

2) What are your favorite colors? Light Blue - and brown

3) What kinds of things do your kids enjoy doing? any particular games, books, activities or cartoons they enjoy? My 10 year old son Tyler, loves anything WWII, and my almost 2 year old, Addie Grace loves her some Caillou, Hello Kitty, and she looooves anything to do with horses.

4) do you prefer your dark chocolate straight up or with exotic things added? How dark do you like to go? I like it straight up or with coffee flavor/beans etc. I like it fairly dark, but not baking chocolate dark, lol.

Elf o' Shine Guest

Default Hey Shine Time to Get Jolly

Well, I got my SS registration sorted out
    And have several more days of shopping by my count.
    But I need some information
    Before instigating holiday jubilation.

Hey Shine!?
    Do you ride your horses day and night?
    Or is the schedule of your modern life too tight?
    Are you girlie or the tom boy type,
    Enjoy the holidays or hate the hype?

As elf I have an important task,
    But to bring you cheer I have to ask:
    Are you very small or very tall?
    Into leather is Beta bettter?
    Wear a bolo tie or a rat catcher?

Hate to trouble but I’m new to elfing,
    I hope my questions end up helping!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanely Eccentric View Post
    I am in that same land. It's looking like stealth mode this year, though I rather like the attempts of rhyming and teasing.

I figure we may as well chat about shopping since our elves and giftees aren't. So far I've shopped at Smartpak, a local store (not necessarily horse-related), and am heading to a fun tack store near Denver soon. There's also a craft fair I might check into on Saturday. How about you?
    I've shopped at Smartpak and at another online site, though not a horse-related one. I've also virtual shopped at a local store and in a catalog, but those two virtual trips await the next paycheck. It's all blocked out, half bought.

Default Calling RLastInstallment!!

Ello dear RLastInstallment,

Never fear your elf has arrived! This elf has been a tad chaotic at work so was a little slow to get to the computer. This elf is also not much on the rhyming but love to tease!

I am a very detailed elf so would love some more details about you, your handsome Grimsey and puppy dog. Perhaps some pics of them? What about favourite colours for all of you?

Do you have anything on your wish list that this elf might be able to take care of?

Basically this elf needs a couple of ideas to make sure I am on the right direction!

talk soon and will also PM you.

elfie xx

ps. Watch the post for something soon