The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor's elf View Post
    Yes, those moose,er, meese, had us scared for 2 weeks. ... Maybe one of the red wing players will deliver your present?
    OMG, I would have just died if Niklas Kronwall had just come to my door! DIED, I tell you, kilt ded.

As it was, it was my cheerful FedEx delivery guy, with a package from Horseloverz! THANK YOU ELF!! I'm so excited! Petal boots! And a face brush! And a whole bunch of treats for the sweet Apollo pony! And little air fresheners -- even one in sandalwood! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I am so excited -- I have been muttering and grumbling about my crappy velcro bell boots for a while now. Petal boots are exactly it! And how did you know I've been needing a face brush? I think I took it off my Amazon list, even!

Thank you again, Elf -- you're amazing and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!
    Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
    http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Default GABBY.GATOR!!

THANK YOU!!

The mail guy came this morning and I immediately tore into my package! You really outdid yourself! In fact, I'm eating fudge for breakfast as I type this.

The saddle pad and polo wraps were definitely needed and the Bath and Body Works assortment smells wonderful! And all the grooming stuff! The detangler, bit wipes, fly spray, brushes, mitt, etc. I probably groom my horse as much as I ride him. He's sort of my adult 'My Little Pony.' And all of this on top of the ornaments with his photos, and the stall treats/toy!

But then ... I got to the bottom of the box and I realized what was wrapped up so delicately. WOW! The canvas print of Oliver's cute little face was too much! That was too cool. I love taking photos and have folders and folders of nice prints, but I've never actually stopped to think about putting them on canvas.

And for the record -- I saw one of your posts earlier about loving saddle pads, and grooming products, and even how your fave colors were burgundy and blue. And I couldn't help but think, 'Hell, they should be my SS!' I wondered why you thought shopping for me was going to so easy. Now I know!!

Thanks so, so much! I can't wait to go out to the barn with all my new stuff! My trainer will especially love the blue saddle pad. I tend to match what I wear with my saddle pad, and considering I only have a burgundy pad, I think she's pretty sick of seeing me in that color.
    The dude abides ...

I have a Canadian elf! My package arrived today, but I'm going to wait until Christmas to open it

My package arrived today.... and it has a very familiar return address! It is under my tree waiting for me to tear into it on Christmas morning.

[QUOTE=ReveilleandRinsie;6732632]OMG, I would have just died if Niklas Kronwall had just come to my door! DIED, I tell you, kilt ded.

Not bad for a Swedish Warmblood, LOL.

I am enjoying reading everyone tearing into their packages!

Keep it up everyone, even if you lurk, please post your Secret Santa likes to read the messages.

Thank you elf!!! I came home after a long week thinking 'wouldn't it be great if my package came today?' I have been so anxious waiting and then I told my friends about COTH SS and they were so negative! They scared me, I thought I'd be grinched for sure. But alas, I kept my faith by reading all the great posts here.

My package did come last night! I couldn't wait. I ran up stairs and dug in. I saw the polos first and about peed myself. Argyle blue polos! I squealed...I'm glad no one was around for that. Plus a matching blue saddle pad, a really nice one with classy white piping. The blues totally match his color. I do have a cheap schooling pad in the same color so I am going to monogram this nice new one and keep it for special occasions

Piper is having some feet issues and had some corrective shoeing done today so I cannot work him for a few days but I put the polos on just for kicks. The BM and farrier thought I was nutz!! I was oooing and ahhhhing over him. So handsome in his new polos

Thank you elf! Once the pad is monogrammed and Piper is rideable I will try to get you a picture

3 members found this post helpful.

I finally picked up my package at the office and found a delightful package of stud muffins! One is a musical trunk that plays the 12 days of horsey Christmas-very cool! We also got peppermint stud muffins. Of course, we had to drive straight to the barn so horsey 1 could sample them. He approved of everything

So thank you, dear elf! Though I'm still not sure who you are!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

Default Merry Christmas to all from the Warmbloods!

Merry Christmas to all! We hope you all have a great Christmas.

If you are alone, please get out and go volunteer somewhere. Or join friends. Get our and walk around a mall or go to a park or just go for a walk. The world is a beautiful place. And there are many people much less fortunate than all of us are. This is the time of year to help others and relax.

We've enjoyed our work as secret santas this year. This was our first year doing it. (We did a little extra over on the off topic thread, since we finished way ahead of anyone on this thread. Ok so we had a head start, but still we finished fast, and trotted over to the off topic threads to spread a little cheer.)

Merry Christmas to all! Now if we see any deer in our pasture,rein or white tail, we're going to chase them and make them drop all the presents so we can see if there is anything we can eat.

Just wanted to say thanks to my elf (who was a stelf as far as posting, but emailed me updates). The gifts were great. Warm stuff and tea, excellent choices all around.

Also, dghunter, I was your elf. Glad the studmuffins arrived and that the other packages eventually reached your hands. Happy holidays!!
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Studmuffins? We love stud muffins. But we don't get them because they are fattening! All you hard keepers eat those stud muffins while we suffer with diet grain.

Default ChocoMare Rocks!

Well turns out the Chief Elf herself was my elf!! I received one parcel a week or so ago which sat under my tree tempting me. But I held off to this morning (christmas day down here!).

She sent me:
    -fuzzy socks ( can never have to many pairs)
    -horsey dish towels
    -very cute tractor supply hat
    -printed copies of some of her own recipes that look insanely yummy
    -an Easy Chef recipe cd
    -a tea and silverware caddy -very cute

In a very random parcel that arrived yesterday that had zero clues on what it was or where it was from and very light. Lots of fun bath stuff from Lush. Me thinks a bubble bath is on the list for tonight.

oops just found a card for the Lush bath stuff! lol Apparently it's not from you Choco! It's from my best friend. lol

Thanks soo much Chocomare! You did very very well! Can't wait to start cooking/baking !

P. aka Laurel
    Last edited by Polydor; Dec. 25, 2012 at 01:33 AM.

I have to thank my SS Big Red OTTB for her thoughtful gifts! Bay, Chestnut, and Black aromatic soaps from Foaling Around, horse and people cookies, a framed print of a Chincoteague Pony, and best of all a beautiful pendant necklace with a photo of my dear black stallion Paddy who left us in 2011 I was touched beyond words when I realized who it was, as the horses I mentioned and pictures I emailed were only the 3 horses I have now, all sired by Paddy.
    Thank you again so much to my SS and to COTH BB

2 members found this post helpful.

I got my package last week before going out of town, but many thanks to Opus1!! Had a great time opening everything. Loved the corgi print! My lab has already torn apart the rope toy in the doggie stocking lol. I should have put the cat toys out when I left, since the dogs are with us, but I of course forgot. Many thanks for all of my stuff!!

I got a nice PM from my giftee today. The package did indeed arrive safely to her dorm up in the East coast. So I will out myself.

My giftee was Jonesbug!

Default Thank you Mtn Trails!

I got a bunch of goodies from Mtn Trails. There were Mrs. Pasture's cookies for the ponies and fancy chocolates for me (yum!), a wild horse calendar, winter riding gloves (perfect fit!), warm boot socks, my favorite Lederbalsam leather conditioner, and a large mug with horses on it. Thanks so much!
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl View Post
    I got my package last week before going out of town, but many thanks to Opus1!! Had a great time opening everything. Loved the corgi print! My lab has already torn apart the rope toy in the doggie stocking lol. I should have put the cat toys out when I left, since the dogs are with us, but I of course forgot. Many thanks for all of my stuff!!
    Yay! So glad you got it and opened it up!

Although, for the record, I know one of the saddle pads wasn't really in your colors, but I got it for a steal at the local tack store, and figured it was neutral enough colors that you wouldn't mind. I hope I did OK otherwise. (I always feel pretty good when I buy something, but then the more I think about it, the more I start to doubt myself.)

Merry Christmas, CarolinaGirl!
    The dude abides ...

Thank you so much PalominoMorgan! Funny that we were each other's SS too!

I tore into my goodies this morning... I got yummy treats for the horses, dogs and us, a neat ornament and a pair of no turn bell boots which I desperately needed! I just bit into one of the chocolate chicken wings, those were cute and delicious. I forgot to take the squeezy buns to the barn when I fed tonight but will take them up when I do night check later. They will devour them, I'm sure!

I hope you liked your gifts from me also, and that you're having a wonderful Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by blackstallion2 View Post
    I have to thank my SS Big Red OTTB for her thoughtful gifts! Bay, Chestnut, and Black aromatic soaps from Foaling Around, horse and people cookies, a framed print of a Chincoteague Pony, and best of all a beautiful pendant necklace with a photo of my dear black stallion Paddy who left us in 2011 I was touched beyond words when I realized who it was, as the horses I mentioned and pictures I emailed were only the 3 horses I have now, all sired by Paddy.
    Thank you again so much to my SS and to COTH BB
    I am very glad you like everything! After some googling I found his FB page and the photo. I agonized over whether to buy a pendant with a picture of your chestnut mare or of Paddy, but I opted for the pic of Paddy as all of your current horses link back to him. I am very glad it was a good call! (hugs)

Apollo is loving his new blankie and halter, has already devoured the cookies, and the saddle soaps are being put to good use on my bridles. I cannot thank you enough, grinanride!

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Cobjockey was my Secret Santa and she did great!! Thank you so much. Sorry for the lateness of this post, I have been sleeping most of the day because of a stinking cold .

She kindly got me two bags of yummy marshmallows (chocolate peppermint and toasted flavors), a very cute ornament which is on my tree but that I'll hang on a wall after the tree comes down and the book "Finding My Distance" by Julia Wendell, which I'm sure I'll love because eventing is a favorite equine sport.
    With my illness and other packages- from home- being delayed, it was turning into a bad Christmas scenario but the kindness of a stranger, now a friend, made my day much better. Thank you again .
    Member of Book Worms Clique and proud member of INCREDIBLE INVISIBLES.
    Mr Wigglebottom 1999-2010. Once in a lifetime cat. Much loved, much missed.