The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 923
  1. #841
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    4,029

    Default

    whats a "stelf"??



  2. #842
    Join Date
    Aug. 1, 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,160

    Default

    A Secret Santa - or giftee - who doesn't post much here, to tease their giver or giftee.



  3. #843
    Join Date
    Apr. 27, 2012
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    129

    Default Thank You Elf!

    My elf's box came today and just in time! I was in need of some cheer!

    I'm waiting to open the wrapped present till christmas but the chocolates (ghiradelli AND toblerone!!) and the peppermint sticks are loved! I'm going to have to have extreme self control over the next few days!

    I had mentioned that I don't own a horse yet (I hope to!) So they donated to The Old Chestnut Mare in my name.

    You probably revealed yourself in your card that I'm holding on to open at christmas with the present but I just wanted to say thank you! You went WAY above and beyond! Merry Christmas!
    Telling a worrier to relax is counterproductive. Then we worry about relaxing.



  4. #844
    Join Date
    Aug. 1, 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,160

    Default

    Oh.my.gosh.

    So, as most of y'all know, 2012 has been a pretty dark year for my kids and I. I have a 10 year old son, and an almost 2 year old girl, and every year, I have always told my SS about my kids, so that they would be included. Well, it has become a tradition that my son looks forward too ever year.

    So, just a little while ago, my son comes running up with a big box, shouting "It's from our Secret Santa!!"

    I had asked him if he wanted to wait until Christmas to open the box, but he already had a knife, cutting the tape.

    There's a massage gummy for Ember - though I think my son may steal it - that things feels GOOD on the back! A mane comb for Simba the Mini - and he sure can use it, and a big soft, fluffy sponge!!

    For me, plenty of Chocolate treats!! A dark Chocolate bar with Espresso beans...we won't talk about how much...little...is now left....

    These little chocolate/espresso drops that I am glad only come in a tiny container......they are beyond good...

    Coco powder - the GOOD kind - that I can't wait to add to my coffee!!

    But, but, but....there's MORE!!!

    My son got a "Planes of WWII" book. For us, this would be the equivalent of getting a Antares saddle. No joke. THEN, he got a paper air plain kit. He was SO excited, that he said "Mommy, our Secret Santa sure did nail us!....we've GOT to get her address so we can send her a Thank You card!"

    Then my sweet Addie - who will be 2 on New Year's Eve - got Hello Kitty sparkly stickers, AND this Hello Kitty board book kit, with figurines! She squealed "Hello Kitty!!! I LOVE it!" As soon as she saw her gifts.

    I hope my SS knows just how much her gifts meant to our family - it was truly a bright ray of sunshine in the midst of a pretty dreary time for us. Thank you just isn't enough.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  5. #845

    Default

    Well I was totally spoiled this year

    Thank you to my very generous elf, Madaketmomma, who sent treats for everyone. I got a really cool personalised saddle pad, which Lucy looked smashing in:

    http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5eb4ac25.jpg

    Cairo the Ridgeback got some treats, I got some peppermint chocolate (my favourite), Lucy the demon horse got some soft peppermints and my very favourite coat conditioner from Stubben (LOVE THAT STUFF), and I got an adorable ornament for the tree! Thank you Elf, you're the best!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  6. #846
    Join Date
    Mar. 1, 2007
    Location
    upstate new york
    Posts
    345

    Default Thank you Tabula Rashah

    I tried to save my package to open on Christmas, but reading all of the thank you's pushed me over the edge! I had so much fun shopping for my Secret Santa, and receiving from mine!

    Thank you for the delish chocolate bar-sea salt and almonds, the perfect combo. I ended up having to share it with my husband (not by my own free will).

    I love the beautiful bracelet, the nice long leadrope, the horse treats and the soap. I think my favorite thing was the amazing ornament-I LOVE ornaments more then anything in the world.

    Thank you again!!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  7. #847
    Join Date
    Apr. 20, 2011
    Posts
    746

    Default

    woo hoo!!! My husband brought two packages from the post office day before yesterday, but I just didn't have time to sit and open, I wanted to *try* to go slow! LOL

    and I was going to wait for Christmas, but yesterday I had a REALLY bad day, as I officially listed my heart horse for sale, boo. I *know* I have to, really, it was just so incredibly sad.

    ANYWAY------ I opened the smaller of the two boxes and A FURMINATOR!!!!! yay!! and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have wanted one forever, just never sprung for one! anddddddd, some lotion in my fav. scent from Bath and Body works, and a couple of grooming items :-)

    I am going to save the other box till Christmas-- with everything going on here, there won't be but a few presents under the tree, so I'm going to savor the anticipation!

    thank you again!!!!



  8. #848
    Join Date
    Jul. 23, 2008
    Location
    Da UP, eh
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Stelf here, again.

    To my dear giftee:
    Your package has been shipped, but we've been under some severe winter weather up here, so It might take a while for it to make it to you....
    Ho ho ho....



  9. #849
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    4,029

    Default **Thank You**

    I got my gift!!! But I do not know you my SS was I got a front riser wintec comfort pad and the Hunterseat Eq Book (bible). I love everything!!!! Thank You!!! Should I sell my sheepskin half pad??

    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...t572/001-3.jpg
    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...572/002-10.jpg
    Last edited by Tiffany01; Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #850
    Join Date
    Jan. 20, 2010
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Happy birthday to my lovely giftee!



  11. #851
    Join Date
    Oct. 25, 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Hooray! I'm glad you like it!! I hope it'll be helpful - I saw that you've had some saddle trouble and I thought I could help. I wanted to add cookies and stuff, but you'd said that wasn't a good idea. Anyway, merry Christmas!! I hope it's a great one!!

    --AlterClaus, who is staying anonymous for Christmas magic purposes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany01 View Post
    I got my gift!!! But I do not know you my SS was I got a front riser wintec comfort pad and the Hunterseat Eq/Jumper Book (bible). I love everything!!!! Thank You!!!

    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...t572/001-3.jpg
    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...572/002-10.jpg



  12. #852
    Join Date
    Jun. 7, 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    4,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterClaus View Post
    Hooray! I'm glad you like it!! I hope it'll be helpful - I saw that you've had some saddle trouble and I thought I could help. I wanted to add cookies and stuff, but you'd said that wasn't a good idea. Anyway, merry Christmas!! I hope it's a great one!!

    --AlterClaus, who is staying anonymous for Christmas magic purposes.
    awe!!! I LOVE you SS!!! Now for the first time in a yr I cant wait ti ride!!! I'll have to wait intill we get snow so poor pony's feet arent so ouchy from being barefoot. Im hoping to lose 30 llbs within the next yr so my saddle will better fit me.

    Should I sell my halfpad?
    Last edited by Tiffany01; Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:57 AM.



  13. #853
    Join Date
    Mar. 11, 2004
    Location
    Collegeville, PA
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WingsOfAnAngel View Post
    Happy birthday to my lovely giftee!
    Thanks!
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86



  14. #854
    Join Date
    Apr. 23, 2005
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    YAY, thank you Secret Santa.

    I got a Christmas themed table cloth, some lovely gloves, a country-esque picture theme (I think it got a little knocked in shipping but nothing that isn't fixable), socks that feel awesomely comfy (they were on my Christmas list for my SO too!), and most importantly, Jane Savoie's Dressage 101, which I am SO excited to dig into.

    Thank you, thank you! You rock SS.



  15. #855
    Join Date
    Apr. 22, 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    549

    Default

    Well well well, look who my elf was! Just got your package today Dressagetraks - THANK YOU!!! I've had so many gifts for other people being delivered that I was extra thrilled to find one for ME at my doorstep today! I put it under the tree, thought about it... and decided I couldn't wait and just went ahead and opened it up.

    The shirt will be perfect for going out to barn (it is eternally cold and foggy here so I wear long sleeves all year) along with the socks. I read the Thoroughbred books as a kid/teenager and LOOOOVED them, so it'll be fun to read them again! And the candy canes - How did you know I love those? I bought a box in early Dec. for decorating/eating and already ate the half I allotted myself. Just today at work I wondered if I could justify buying another. No need now!

    Thank you so much!
    If the pony spits venom in your face or produces a loud roar, it is probably not a pony. Find another. -The Oatmeal



  16. #856
    Join Date
    Feb. 24, 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I have deduced that my SS gift must be coming via the same moose that delivered Eleanor's boxes! Elf, are you from the great white north? If so, can you send hockey too? or just some Canadian niceness for the NHL owners so they'll back off!? I miss my Red Wings.

    In all seriousness, I am not worried. Late packages just prolong the suspense and the season! I know my elf is out there.
    Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
    http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com



  17. #857
    Join Date
    Jun. 18, 2007
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetMutt View Post
    Well well well, look who my elf was! Just got your package today Dressagetraks - THANK YOU!!! I've had so many gifts for other people being delivered that I was extra thrilled to find one for ME at my doorstep today! I put it under the tree, thought about it... and decided I couldn't wait and just went ahead and opened it up.

    The shirt will be perfect for going out to barn (it is eternally cold and foggy here so I wear long sleeves all year) along with the socks. I read the Thoroughbred books as a kid/teenager and LOOOOVED them, so it'll be fun to read them again! And the candy canes - How did you know I love those? I bought a box in early Dec. for decorating/eating and already ate the half I allotted myself. Just today at work I wondered if I could justify buying another. No need now!

    Thank you so much!
    Wow, two days in transit! Kudos to USPS.

    I found the Thoroughbred series mentioned by you in one of those "books you read as a kid" threads where you said you wished you had them now to reread. The candy canes were a guess, I'll admit. I originally had some chocolate for you, but I accidentally ate it, and when I went back for more chocolate at the beginning of this week, the chocolate was all picked over and most of the good chocolate gone. Those candy canes just looked like a happy substitute, I hoped.



  18. #858
    Join Date
    Apr. 28, 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA and New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    Heard from my elf that my package was being put in transit early this week, and I can't wait!!!

    My mom arrived last night to spend the week with us, and she asked me what I got from my horse elf this year, and I told her I did not know yet, but that the package should arrive soon.

    I love the excitement of waiting for it to arrive, and if it doesn't get here in time to open on 12/25 -- no big deal. It just prolongs the holiday!

    Hope everyone is have a great holiday season so far!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson


    2 members found this post helpful.

  19. #859
    Join Date
    Sep. 6, 2012
    Location
    Moved South from North Pole
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReveilleandRinsie View Post
    I have deduced that my SS gift must be coming via the same moose that delivered Eleanor's boxes! Elf, are you from the great white north? If so, can you send hockey too? or just some Canadian niceness for the NHL owners so they'll back off!? I miss my Red Wings.

    In all seriousness, I am not worried. Late packages just prolong the suspense and the season! I know my elf is out there.
    Yes, those moose,er, meese, had us scared for 2 weeks. We thought our packages would never get through customs up in Canada. And we saw where all the hockey teams are in the middle of a strike or something. Maybe one of the red wing players will deliver your present?

    It's almost Christmas. If anyone is having delays in mailing, please tell your coth person so she won't be disappointed at Christmas. We warmbloods don't deliver. We just buy stuff.



  20. #860
    Join Date
    May. 31, 2010
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    244

    Default

    I can't remember what box I put your card in but I revealed myself in it, so I figure it's safe to post as myself now. I'm glad you liked your gifts so far. I think you'll enjoy the other box too!

    Hope you have a great holiday!

    Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    woo hoo!!! My husband brought two packages from the post office day before yesterday, but I just didn't have time to sit and open, I wanted to *try* to go slow! LOL

    and I was going to wait for Christmas, but yesterday I had a REALLY bad day, as I officially listed my heart horse for sale, boo. I *know* I have to, really, it was just so incredibly sad.

    ANYWAY------ I opened the smaller of the two boxes and A FURMINATOR!!!!! yay!! and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have wanted one forever, just never sprung for one! anddddddd, some lotion in my fav. scent from Bath and Body works, and a couple of grooming items :-)

    I am going to save the other box till Christmas-- with everything going on here, there won't be but a few presents under the tree, so I'm going to savor the anticipation!

    thank you again!!!!



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov. 5, 2010, 01:08 PM
  2. Replies: 297
    Last Post: Nov. 6, 2007, 06:34 AM
  3. Replies: 190
    Last Post: Nov. 2, 2005, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness