The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

A Couple of Yuletide Elf Haiku
    -by AlterClaus
    -for Tiffany01

Late again, I know!
    Had to buy pony shoes
    Darn expensive things.

Sleep is for the weak
    Wrapping gifts is for the elves
    Shipping for the deer.

The postal reindeer
    (does that mean that they are nuts?)
    Will leave tomorrow.

Last edited by AlterClaus; Dec. 6, 2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Duplicate!

Ack, I can not get my alter to work! Does anyone else get nervous after the package is sent out, waiting for the response of your giftee? Package was sent out on Monday (according to DH, who kindly packaged and shipped it while I am stuck in Atlanta) I am so excited waiting to see if they liked what they got!
    To my Elf, if you are in the same predicament, I have not been to my home address in 2 weeks, I will be there tomorrow and if Santa left me anything I will be quick to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayaelf View Post
    Dear Shayaalliard!

By now I hope you have found your first prezzie – check your PMs if not. The second will require some stouter help to haul it to you. I had hoped to send it by now. Unfortunately of the various teams heading to Combined Driving-Flying Events last weekend, several withdrew unexpectedly. A local flu outbreak led to the last being spun at the jog-up, leaving me without carriers. We are hoping that next weekend’s teams will pass inspection and wing your way with the box on Saturday.
    Bumpity-bump-bump
    Bumpity-bump-bump
    Where'd my giftee go?

No worries, unless you didn't find the directions for receiving the first half of your prezzie in your email inbox. Let me know if you found it or not, so I know if I need to chase it down for you. Second half is coming!

Santa shipped yesterday to Colorado-should get there by Saturday or Monday-if UPS's sleighs are not too busy.
    Life is great when you can hug a horse.

Got some great choc-caramel-salt chocolates from my Santa-they lasted 2 nights-hubby loved them as well. YUMMY!!!! Thanks!!!
    Life is great when you can hug a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayaelf View Post
    Bumpity-bump-bump
    Bumpity-bump-bump
    Where'd my giftee go?

No worries, unless you didn't find the directions for receiving the first half of your prezzie in your email inbox. Let me know if you found it or not, so I know if I need to chase it down for you. Second half is coming!
    Fell cyber orcs! They won't let my edits get through! Where's a good axe-swinging digital dwarf when an elf needs one? Never fear, I have Rohirrim lined up to carry the second half of your present to you. They ask if your PO box does boxes, or should they visit you at home?

I am here! And I got my first gift in the mail today! Thank you muchly, I LOVE skyline. Husband is also happy- he is 3 weeks post knee replacement and happy to get out of the house. My PO does boxes, and I <3 rohirrim
    ~Former Pet Store Manager (10yrs)
    ~Vintage Toy Dealer (rememberswhen.us)
    ~Vet Tech Student
    Mom to : 1 Horse, 4 Dogs, 3 Cats, 6 (Former) Stepkids

giftee-
    Good news! Your presents will be in the mail tomorrow morning. The last things finally arrived! They are in two packages, since I couldn't fit it all in one box. Most are wrapped, but a couple are not. Please feel free to open when you get it- I'm so excited and nervous I can't wait til Christmas! I stayed in budget...if you don't count the things I brought home from work...or the escapee present...or that last thing I found online...well...I REALLY hope you like it all...safe journey!

Weee finally managed to get the package sent today! It is a biiig box! Should be there in a week to 10 days. Can't wait for you to get it!

elfie

Quote Originally Posted by MMacallister View Post
    Ack, I can not get my alter to work! Does anyone else get nervous after the package is sent out, waiting for the response of your giftee? Package was sent out on Monday (according to DH, who kindly packaged and shipped it while I am stuck in Atlanta) I am so excited waiting to see if they liked what they got!
    YES!! It's driving me crazy!! I hope it reaches her soon - I can't stand the wait to hear if she likes everything!!

Oh Madaketmomma! Just checking to see if you've received your package yet

My elf went over the top! A Horseware tote bag, socks, earrings, chocolate, peppermints (hubby actually claimed those), and treats for the pony. We're all spoiled. A BIG thanks to my elf!
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Still no news from my elf, but I'm optomistic that they are out there! But my giftee did get her presents! I had a custom portrait done of one of her horses! I also send some yummy Moonstruck Chocolates and tons of FoalingAround soaps and body goodies.

FYI- I highly recommend Debbie Sampson for Equine Art. She was fast, and my giftee says the portrait is dead on!
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RolyPolyPony View Post
    YES!! It's driving me crazy!! I hope it reaches her soon - I can't stand the wait to hear if she likes everything!!
    I know my giftee's second and final package has arrived in her state, so now I'm wondering even more when she'll get it, if she'll like everything, etc. Exciting!!

This elf just finished all her shopping for her giftee...Sunday I will make some goodies and then off it will go next week!

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    I have never played SS before, here or anywhere else, so I was very confused. I was like wait, what? Is this how its supposed to be played? Doesn't that negate the element of "secret?"

Either way, I had a blast doing this and I hope you love your gifts as much as I love mine!!
    When the elves do the matching, we try and pick folks in different states, and different interests. However, there are times when we have to trade between two folks, if say they are late entries, or the only two in their money amount group. Glad it worked out though! =)

Still no word from my Stelf. I hope said Stelf is just so busy she/he does not have time to post. This just makes me hurry home every night to see if the postman brought me anything. So far he has only brought me stuff I ordered for myself for my birthday I love seeing what everyone else got. Some of us are very good gifters

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMax_Elf View Post
    I think this elf went about $30 over the gift budget. Oh well, holiday cheer!
    Oh my gosh, I have such a generous elf! I can't wait until it arrives!

I also went a bit over budget for my giftee, it is so much fun buying gifts for people!
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

Quote Originally Posted by To the MAX View Post
    I also went a bit over budget for my giftee, it is so much fun buying gifts for people!
    I seem to go over every year, but it's hard to control myself -- horse shopping is so fun!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

1 members found this post helpful.