The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Dear HIH,
    The reindeer assure me that the last part of your gift will arrive to me on Wed. All the rest is wrapped up and ready to go.

One in particular that is wrapped very well in bubble and written on "fragile" has had quite an adventure....It was 40-50 years old to begin with, and had gotten prettied up and fixed for you-then it ran away and hid under a shelf-then my kitten stole part of it. Then while I was fixing that part again Another part ran away under the computer. Finally I got it all fixed again and corralled in bubble wrap- but don't take off the bandages- it is a squirrely little thing! (And you are free to guess what in the world it could be from that description )

JustABay! Your package has been shipped! Please be careful opening it - one of the items didn't want to fit nicely, so is stuffed in there and it'd be very sad if you cut into it when opening the box! Hope it doesn't take too long to get there!!

BigBayHanoMareElf Guest

Default BigBayHanoMare!

Your first package left on the sleigh!

Default Thanky You

Twinkle'sElf thanks for the update. No hurry "cuz I will save it to open on Christmas. I am so looking forward to see your surprise. Woo, like a little kid !

DressageTraks' Elf Guest

Dressagetraks, Santa surprised this elf with a promotion last week (yay!) that also came with a bunch of surprise meetings (boo!) so your package awaits delivery to the post office. But don't fret, it will be going out in the next day or two!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMareElf View Post
    Hooray!!! Thanks for the update, O elf my elf!

To my giftee, I am hoping to have your gift out this week, or at the latest, Saturday! I can't wait for you to open it!

I received my packages and they are under the tree. First ones under there! what a good elf, and I am so excited to open them.

Now I am a wee bit of a naughty elf as I did not get mine mailed out yet, but I will! We moved farms this weekend and it was a tad hectic.

Default While We WArmbloods Are Waiting Around for Everyone to Get Presents.......

We aren't Canadien Warmbloods,
    Though one was born very near,
    The other comes from far away where people brew great bier.
    We hope we've filled your hearts,
    With just a little Christmas cheer,
    We think that Stevie Wonder got it right,
    With "Someday at Christmas" we'll have no fear.
    Remember if you have peace and health,
    And hold your loved ones dear,
    You've got everything that money cannot buy,
    Even if your Christmas stocking is bare.
    We hope that everyone's Christmas Day,
    Is full of joy and cheer,
    And Santa shows up at everyone's house,
    With all of his reindeer.

So don't be a grinch this year!

3 members found this post helpful.

Default Jonesbug!!

Just a quick note to Jonesbug.

Your package was dropped off yesterday and it should get to you by the end of the week.

Be careful cutting the tape, as I packed it right up to the top of the box. Feel free to open it up right away, you may want to start using the items to take away the chill.

Please let me know you received it as there was a bit of confusing about the zip code at the post office.

Quote Originally Posted by SunkenMeadow View Post
    I received my packages and they are under the tree. First ones under there! what a good elf, and I am so excited to open them.

Now I am a wee bit of a naughty elf as I did not get mine mailed out yet, but I will! We moved farms this weekend and it was a tad hectic.
    Glad my donkey's got the gifts to you on time. This is the first time ever I was finished with someone this early! It is so much fun to shop for a fellow horse addict. Feel free to open early

What's up with making donkeys work? Not fair to equines!

We need to check with the mods about that. And about the "working hunter" under our name. "Working" is not what we want to be.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ALE (Aspen Lucas' Elf) View Post
    Hey there AspenLucas.

Just wanted to check in to show I am here. Plus, I have a couple of questions...

1/ Favorite scents when it comes to soaps etc.?
    2/ What are your girls into currently?
    3/ Any hobbies or collections you didn't mention before?

Ok, gotta go shop!! Hope to hear from you soon!!

ALE
    Sorry Ale! I don't get on here much!

I am easy to please and happy with anything I receive.

I like fruity scents but also some peppermint, ginger, etc.
    Oldest is into ballet and riding, youngest princesses and ballet also.
    Not really any hobbies other then work and horses! They keep me busy enough!

Cannot wait! I love surprises!
    Maria Hayes-Frosty Oak Stables
    Home to All Eyez On Me, 1998 16.2 Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stallion
    & FrostyOak Hampton 2008 Pure Cleveland Bay Colt
    www.frostyoaks.com

Quote Originally Posted by horsesinhaiti's elf View Post
    Dear HIH,
    The reindeer assure me that the last part of your gift will arrive to me on Wed. All the rest is wrapped up and ready to go.

One in particular that is wrapped very well in bubble and written on "fragile" has had quite an adventure....It was 40-50 years old to begin with, and had gotten prettied up and fixed for you-then it ran away and hid under a shelf-then my kitten stole part of it. Then while I was fixing that part again Another part ran away under the computer. Finally I got it all fixed again and corralled in bubble wrap- but don't take off the bandages- it is a squirrely little thing! (And you are free to guess what in the world it could be from that description )
    Well, that has me curious! I can make a couple guesses, but I'll have to get home to see if my guesses were correct. Thanks for all the effort! (And cuddles to the ever-so-helpful kitten).
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

Default Thank you, Elfie!!

Hello Elfie!

I opened my package this morning and LOVED the glass ornaments with Oliver on them! Especially since you chose my second fave image of him as well as the one I pointed out. I love that picture of him derping around in the sand.

Now I know why you said the package should say 'Don't shake!' But they did a wonderful job of packing and had the ornaments wrapped in a plethora of foam and bubble wrap. They even came with little velvet bags to keep them in!

Thank you so much!
    The dude abides ...

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    First of all, I found my package sitting on my porch tonight when I got home!!

Sqeeeeaal! I was so excited I tore into it like a 7 year old

My elf got me exactly what I wanted - one I told her about (seat covers for my car! Yay!), one thing she must have intrinsically known (winter riding gloves! More yay!!) and one thing I didn't even know I wanted (a beautiful silver necklace!). Plus some yummy chocolate goodies and dog cookies!!

I couldn't be more pleased. And it TOTALLY made my day!

Thank you elf!
    Hurray! I didn't 'out' myself with the package so I am now

I was so excited that I got to go to Chicago to shop for you! (I was actually to see my dear pony who wiped out during a rollback and could not entertain me while I was there except show off his stitches)

Jeff gave a major thumbs down to the treats - I hope your boy likes them better lol. He did discover that while spitting them out he could crib on them if he got them between his front teeth (and THAT'S what's awesome about owning a thoroughbred).

I hope you enjoyed it! I kept a close eye on your Horze thread, I was worried about duplicates (you almost got more than one pelham, lol)

Happy holidays!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by abrant View Post
    Hurray! I didn't 'out' myself with the package so I am now

I was so excited that I got to go to Chicago to shop for you! (I was actually to see my dear pony who wiped out during a rollback and could not entertain me while I was there except show off his stitches)

Jeff gave a major thumbs down to the treats - I hope your boy likes them better lol. He did discover that while spitting them out he could crib on them if he got them between his front teeth (and THAT'S what's awesome about owning a thoroughbred).

I hope you enjoyed it! I kept a close eye on your Horze thread, I was worried about duplicates (you almost got more than one pelham, lol)

Happy holidays!
    You have no idea how surprised I was to find out that you were my elf....and you'll understand why in the very near future

Haven't tested the horse cookies yet but homeboy is hard to please in the treat department so we'll see lol but I'm sure I'll find someone who will enjoy them!

However, Sydney Weasely was quite pleased with her cookies

ETA: I hope your pony is OK! And I wore the necklace today to work; absolutely LOVE it!!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by HorsesinHaiti View Post
    Well, that has me curious! I can make a couple guesses, but I'll have to get home to see if my guesses were correct. Thanks for all the effort! (And cuddles to the ever-so-helpful kitten).
    Please share with us when you find out! I'm curious now too
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    You have no idea how surprised I was to find out that you were my elf....and you'll understand why in the very near future

Haven't tested the horse cookies yet but homeboy is hard to please in the treat department so we'll see lol but I'm sure I'll find someone who will enjoy them!

However, Sydney Weasely was quite pleased with her cookies

ETA: I hope your pony is OK! And I wore the necklace today to work; absolutely LOVE it!!
    ROFL, I was starting to suspect that. My husband thought I was crazy last night comparing posting times

Pony is okay and so is his rider. He just gets a little stupid sometimes (that's why we love him!)

Quote Originally Posted by abrant View Post
    ROFL, I was starting to suspect that. My husband thought I was crazy last night comparing posting times

Pony is okay and so is his rider. He just gets a little stupid sometimes (that's why we love him!)
    I have never played SS before, here or anywhere else, so I was very confused. I was like wait, what? Is this how its supposed to be played? Doesn't that negate the element of "secret?"

Either way, I had a blast doing this and I hope you love your gifts as much as I love mine!!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMareElf View Post
    You have some FAST reindeer, elf, I came home to a package from you tonight!!! Thank you for the sweets and the awesome purple gloves; I can't wait to see what else you have in store for me!!!