The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    Squeal !!! I can't wait. You don't have to hurry 'cuz I don't want to open the gift until Christmas. I hope that you don't mind. It 's just nice to have something to open on Christmas Day.

I am so frustrated though---I can;t post my alter. I have tried deleting everything but no luck. This is the first year that I haven't been able to post. So sorry to my giftee but I will try to make up for it with your gifts !!
    I understand your frustration. I think I posted once as my elf alter and haven't been able to get back despite mod resetting my password and deleting cookies and such. Funny enough I got an email from COTH yesterday welcoming to COTH forums as my elf alter....nearly a month after I originally entered this elf alter name and received other emails in the meantime from COTH. I am a stelf by default.
    “I never play horseshoes ‘cause Mother taught us not to throw our clothes around.”
    -Mr. Ed

For those having trouble posting under their alter - if clearing your cache and cookies doesn't work, try another browser! Which also helps prevent accidental posting to your giftee when you;re not in your alter account I use Firefox as me and Chrome for my elf alter

2 members found this post helpful.

Shopping is all done!!! Now this elf just has to pack everything up and get it in the mail...

I, too, hope I just have a stelf....I've been doing this SS for years, and had pretty good luck....but this year I'm extra looking forward to some holiday cheer as we just lost our Heart Dog to cancer this week. I've been having fun shopping for my giftee though
    Equus Doth Indeed Makeus Brokeus. Or Brokeus Meus -- when you have a baby warmblood, it could be either one!

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Fly Donkey's Fly!

Oh SunkenMeadow no grinching for you I woke the delivery donkey's and gave them 2! boxes for you . They brayed that they were too tired to fly so I bribed them with the promise of homemade treats if they comply. So they are off on their way to you with goodies that I hope make your holiday bright!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyHunterHorse View Post
    I, too, hope I just have a stelf....I've been doing this SS for years, and had pretty good luck....but this year I'm extra looking forward to some holiday cheer as we just lost our Heart Dog to cancer this week. I've been having fun shopping for my giftee though
    Oh GHH,
    I do hope your elf comes through, I lost my heart dog this time last year, it really made the holidays hard. This year seems to be a year of stelfs, I'm sure you have a sneaky little elf out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1 View Post
    You're not alone! My dad's drinking while I was growing up pretty much ruined the holidays for me. Even now, the only things I get excited about are COTH's Secret Santa and what to give my trainer for Xmas.

It's really nice to be able to look at holiday items and not flinch.
    ^^^

well, your elf is having fun checking things off your list, and adding "specials" here and there, and just got an email notification that another certain somethin' has been shipped!! hopefully they marked it "Do not SHAKE!!"

tonite and tomorrow we'll spend a bit of time wrapping and adding to another small box too, so no grinchin or flinchin for you this year we hope!!

Ohhh! I missed this in the excitement of shopping for MY person!! I love this!

Edit: Of course I missed adding the quote from my elf - but they know who they are

appendixqhloverelf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AppendixQHLover View Post
    I went to the mailbox yesterday and had a key for the BIG mailbox. OH..and to my surprise a package from Amazon.com

I didn't want to open it since I get very little at Christmas for presents..but the little kid kicked in..and my elf got me a Painted Pony for my collection. I am now on the hunt for more shelves to hang up in living room to display my collection!!
    I was hoping that was one you didn't have :-) One more package will be on the way as soon as it arrives to me. I may miss the deadline of the first but not by much. And this one will be sent to the correct appartment LOL

Default Bluebuckets!

Oh, I know I told you your package would be delayed due to a tack store sale. But, I had a change of heart. I slightly changed my idea and finished shopping for you! I just need to wrap, box and ship. Shipping may have to wait till Monday but it will be out no later than Tuesday next week! I hope you like what I got...and made you

Happy Holidays!

YAAAAAYY!!! Had a package in the mailbox from (I assume) my stelf today. All the way from Virginia. The return address label has me salivating...

I am going to wait until I get my tree up and Christmas lights outside to open the box. Hope you don't mind.

THANK YOU!!!!! Made my night.

I am also very close now to getting my box out to my giftee.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Quote Originally Posted by YourCOTHSS View Post
    Oh, I know I told you your package would be delayed due to a tack store sale. But, I had a change of heart. I slightly changed my idea and finished shopping for you! I just need to wrap, box and ship. Shipping may have to wait till Monday but it will be out no later than Tuesday next week! I hope you like what I got...and made you

Happy Holidays!
    I'm so excited! Yaaayyyyyy!

Oh, JustABay!!

Your elf is feeling rather under the weather today so I'm not sure I'll make it to the post office by noon However! I WILL make it there early next week, come rain, snow, sleet, or cough! In the meantime, I have heard from the seller who is shipping directly to you and that should be on its way as we speak so that at least will arrive before your package from me makes its way up north!

I mailed out my box today! I hope my giftee posts when she opens her boxes!
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

Oh, Tarheel_JD!

We were going to send out your first package today.
    But I got word that your last two parts will be here this week.
    So we promise it will be out by Friday!
    Feel free to peak
    Or open completely
    Everything will be wrapped neatly

I'm not sure if you're a wait until Christmas type person or an open immediately type of person but nothing you're getting in this one is time sensitive or anything so the choice is yours!

Wondering when we are supposed to reveal our identity? Or are we??
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Thanks Elf!!!!! I think I will wait until Christmas. My husband is super supportive of my horsey habit, and is great at shows, but not so great at horse related shopping. So, your gifts will be my horse fix Christmas morning!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Default STEALTH ELF 4 SEABREEZE, you ***ROCK***!!!!

I get spoiled every year, and this year my Stealth Elf completely knocked my socks off!!!!!

Stealth Elf, I couldn't wait...I just couldn't. I got home late and tired last night and saw the package inside the back door. Talk about instant rejuvination--I just had to open it!

Are you guys ready for this? Read with envy! It is amazing...

I opened the box and the first thing I saw was a...CACTUS CLOTH!!! I have been needing one of these--desperately! I kid you not, I actually squealed! My husband said, "What in the world is in there?!" Our neighbor was here, and he said, "What is that thing?" to which I replied, "It's a wonderful grooming rag of burlap-type fibers that gets better and better the dirtier it gets! It's better than a vacuum cleaner in the winter!" He and my husband just looked at each other...lol...what can I say? It's a horse thing! Anyway, cactus cloths are not available around here. Love me a cactus cloth!

And so I kept digging, and kept finding incredible goodies like...

Beautiful navy blue socks with grey dressage horses all over them...these will look lovely with my chinos and loafers. I really, really like them

Mrs. Pastures cookies and a "Crack Pop" for my ponies--they are going to feel sooooo spoiled!!! They *love* treats!

"Love That Tail" Conditioner that Stealth Elf says is fabulous for her horses' tails. Let me tell you, mine are getting this treatment this winter! My brown boy is big-bodied with a skimpy tail that makes his butt look big A little more tail will fix it

Cetyl M joint supplement which is a fantastic idea for the *BIG* labrador! Wonderful! Thank you!!!

The absolute cutest little Christmas "collar covers" for the dogs' collars! They are so, so cute! I wanted so much to get the dogs to the local feed store where Santa was on hand this morning for dog photos, but I had a standing appointment to pick up hay...darnit!!! I really, really wanted to get pictures of them with Santa with their NEW fancy collar accessories! They are the most adorable little things...love them!

The book 101 Dressage Exercises for all kinds of ideas of "what to work on next" because some days I really do just need a plan...perfect! Love it! This will be very, very helpful! And I love these kind of books!

The book The Rider's Pain-Free Back that I have had my eye on for *quite* some time...HOW did you know??? You must be an *awesome* sleuth, Stealth Elf!!! Back pain has broken me down, and at the same time, given me strength of character. Learning how to deal with it as a rider will be soooo beneficial! I have it bedside tonight for my bedtime reading pleasure. I am very, very excited about reading this book

And, last but CERTAINLY not least, a BEAUTIFUL (did I say beautiful? I mean, beautiful!) Equine Couture saddle pad and matching T-shirt (which I aspire to fit into by summer...LOL!)!! Talk about lovely....I mean, WOW!

My husband was watching me go through my package, and he was like, "Secret Santa is really making it hard for me this year! She's going to be hard to beat!" I said, "It's because she's a HORSE person...she 'gets' it!" LOL!

Truly, Stealth Elf, you did an amazing job of picking out my loot. Either you are a very, very, very stealthy detective, or you have incredibly perceptive intuition!!! I truly love every. single. thing. in my package, and it is ALL so useful and lovely! I will try to get some pictures of the big boy modeling his saddle pad and the dogs with their Christmas collars for you!

We appreciate so much the thought and time you took in shopping for us! The gifts are so nice, and I am truly excited about all of it! I thank you, my Stealth Elf!
    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by opus1elf View Post
    tonite and tomorrow we'll spend a bit of time wrapping and adding to another small box too, so no grinchin or flinchin for you this year we hope!!
    Yay! I'm very excited to see what you picked out.

Of course, now I feel like I need to get something for the UPS guy and mail lady for all the packages I'm ordering and giving and mailing this year!

(Do not shake? Hmmmmm. Tricky, tricky ... )
    The dude abides ...

I just want to say this thread, and participating in SS right now is really doing me a lot of good!! it's so fun to read all the posts, and how happy each person seems when they get a box/boxes.

we're having a really tough time in our house right now,and I/we've been less than enthused about the holidays-- taking part in the SS is helping with not only getting into the "Christmas" spirit, but taking focus off every stressful day and lightening up the mood around here.

so, thanks to all of you for your posts, and the energy you all are putting into SS!

4 members found this post helpful.