The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Donkerbruin View Post
    So what's the word on revealing oneself? Should I include a note in the package, or post on here? What is everyone else doing?
    I put one of my "real life" Christmas cards in with my SS gifts, and added my COTH name to it. I thought it would be kind of cool for my giftee to see who her elf is. But I think it is completely up to the individual. Last year I forgot to include the card (oops!) so I left a message here with who I was.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

1 members found this post helpful.

Default CarolinaGirl!

Hello hello!

Just thought I'd drop a line and let you know to expect one package the week of Dec. 3 ... It's being mailed direct to you from the company. Also, this is something you probably shouldn't wait until Xmas to enjoy! (hint, hint)

The rest of your packages will be mailed shortly thereafter. It would have been earlier, but apparently your Elf isn't the brightest bulb on the tree and missed the whole shipping deadline thing. And these gifts can wait until Christmas to be opened. Or not. Your call!

tarheeljd's_elf Guest

Dear TarheelJD,

The shopping is almost complete.
    But I need a few more things.
    So tell me what you eat.
    Do you like chocolate-dark or light-and other items Santa's elf can bring?
    And what about the furry ones?
    What do they like for treats?
    What do they enjoy for fun?
    Anything they won't eat?
    As for your travel-where's your favorite place to go?
    Any trips coming up next year?
    We're putting on the bows.
    And if you listen you just might hear the sounds of sleigh bells coming near!

Also, I know gifts should go out by the first and yours will be, but I also wanted to let you know I always send some homemade cookies but I can't send those until the week right before Christmas. Just something else to look forward to!

Sannosis here I am!!!!! I exist, I swear and I've been shopping for you!

This stelf is technologically challenged. So much so that I spelled your username wrong in my username. D'oh! I'll try to change it but I'd rather spend that time shopping for you!

Do you have any favorite authors? Do you have a kindle/electronic reader or do you prefer "real" books? Do you want anything horsey in your package--perhaps something for the WB you're riding? Gloves or something special for yourself?

I'll brush up on my rhyming skills when I'm bored at work tomorrow--just wanted to let you know that I'm here!

Quote Originally Posted by SanosisStelf View Post
    Sannosis here I am!!!!! I exist, I swear and I've been shopping for you!

This stelf is technologically challenged. So much so that I spelled your username wrong in my username. D'oh! I'll try to change it but I'd rather spend that time shopping for you!

Do you have any favorite authors? Do you have a kindle/electronic reader or do you prefer "real" books? Do you want anything horsey in your package--perhaps something for the WB you're riding? Gloves or something special for yourself?
    I do have a regular kindle. My ex gave me his after he got a fire.
    And I am seriously into The Stephanie Plumb series, I just finished # one,
    I also have not read Charlaine Harris's mysterys The Lily Baird ones. I read all the Aurora Teagarden ones. I plan on killing winter reading all these mysteries.

I'll brush up on my rhyming skills when I'm bored at work tomorrow--just wanted to let you know that I'm here!
    OH MY GOSH!!! I have an elf!!! I am so happy elf!
    I am happy with whatever you decide to send! You just made my weekend
    The WB has all he needs, his owner and me have too much stuff between us.
    All the stuff I have from my now deceased TB and hers.
    There is nothing I do not like. Well except Liver and Lima beans!!
    Last edited by Sannois; Nov. 25, 2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Add .
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Senszuri --- your kringle elf is a procrastinator, and a little stumped to boot. What are YOUR favorite treats? Barn colors? Anything you hate?

The workshop opens this weekend!

Elf, I apparently am also electronically challenged.
    I tried to add something else to my post and it did not work.
    I adore Charlaine Harris's books, I have read all her Southern Vampire series, I just read all the Aurora teagarden series.
    I want to read the rest of her mysteries, The Lily baird series is one group.
    And I just started the Stephanie Plumb books. I have only read the first one.
    And yup I have a plain Kindle, My ex gave me his after he got a fire.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

OK, Sannois! We warmbloods had gone so far as to get your address from another cother, as we kept seeing that you didn't have an elf apparent. Now that she has appeared, we warmbloods won't be sending you a gift. Or maybe we will, who knows? After we nap on it, uh think on it!

We are glad your elf has appeared.

2 members found this post helpful.

Oh Twinkle!!

This Elf is on the ball this year, never fear!
    Your package is almost ready, filled to the brim with Christmas cheer!
    I hope it will be on time,
    Sorry for this lame ass rhyme

An elf for RolyPolyPony Guest

Oh RolyPolyPony,

The sleigh is packed with some gifts that are sure to make you smile! I have a few tiny things to pick up tomorrow! I want to send you something from the southern state where Rudolph has a vacation home! (but it's NOT FL, too hot for a Reindeer!). I hope you like everything, I think I hit quite a few of your addictions!!!

I don't think I've thanked my elf for my latest gift. Last week I opened my mailbox to find a nice box and inside was a wonderful red scarf with a penguin on it! I just love penguins and have been wearing it all week. And how did my elf know it was just in time for the OSU-Michigan game where I sat in south stands and was made warmer with my scarf!

Thanks again, elf!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tarheeljd's_elf View Post
    Dear TarheelJD,

The shopping is almost complete.
    But I need a few more things.
    So tell me what you eat.
    Do you like chocolate-dark or light-and other items Santa's elf can bring?
    And what about the furry ones?
    What do they like for treats?
    What do they enjoy for fun?
    Anything they won't eat?
    As for your travel-where's your favorite place to go?
    Any trips coming up next year?
    We're putting on the bows.
    And if you listen you just might hear the sounds of sleigh bells coming near!

Also, I know gifts should go out by the first and yours will be, but I also wanted to let you know I always send some homemade cookies but I can't send those until the week right before Christmas. Just something else to look forward to!
    So excited to hear from my elf! And I can't wait for yummy cookies closer to Christmas, to extend the fun of SS!

I love milk and dark chocolate, and combos with nuts, toffee or coconut. I am not a big fan of white chocolate, or cream filled type chocolate. I like almond flavored stuff, and mint.

The furry ones love, love, love treats! My 13.5 year old Weimaraner can't eat really hard treats anymore, in order to avoid any damage to her poor, old teeth! She can eat things like milk bones, but not stuff like antlers. The puppy and the horse will eat just about anything!

Vesper, the puppy, loves to play ball.

As for travel, I have spent a lot of time in Asia. And the best trip I have ever taken was 3.5 weeks in Africa. I love Cape Town, South Africa and the nearby wine country. DH and I will be headed to Greece and Turkey this coming summer, and to France in summer of 2014 for WEG, so those are the two big trips on our horizon.

I guess that is about it! Thanks so much for your message!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH ELF 4 SEABREEZE View Post
    Seabreeze,

Your Stealth Elf has packed up the sleigh & the box is now FULL, of surprises we elfs hope will be pleasing to you. So in a week or so at your front porch, should be a simple brown box of Christmas Joy for you. Happy Holidays from Stealth Elf & Crew....
    Stealth Elf, you are the best! I am very much looking forward to receiving my package! I can't wait!!!! I will post as soon as I receive it to let you know it arrived. I probably won't be able to help myself and will open it, unless you tell me to wait. I would wait if you wished

Ah, this is VERY exciting
    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

Yay to hear again from my elf! I've been busy and a bit of a stealth elf myself- no worries

Ohhhhhh!!! I'm so excited!!

dghunter_Elf Guest

dghunter, it is a true elfy sacrifice to get the red gear for the OSU fan (since this elf is a Wolverine). Glad it is warm. Hope the package with book, CDs and cat stuff made it to you as it is claiming delivered.

I'm getting so worried about my elf ... I hope that they really are just stealthy, but no emails or PMs or anything. Or, I just did an awesome job and am easy to buy for!

I can't wait to mail my giftee's gifts, I may do it before the 1st!

Stelf here....

My dear giftee, please be aware that this is a one-elf shop here, so you're gifties may not be posted til slightly after the deadling! I promose that they'll be out before the 7th!

(And totally worth the delay, I hope!)

Sincerely,
    Your Stelf Amm2cd

elf'o'MeghanDACVA Guest

Red face I have GREAT news! and less great news!

O Meghan O Meghan,
    Your elf and hooved helpers have finished selecting an assortment of goodies just for you and your special hooved one All were carefully wrapped - no help from my hooved helpers there and boxed and presented for delivery at Secret Santa's special delivery center this morning! That's the GREAT news!!!!!

The less great news is that the super fast Thoroughbred Racehorse sleigh was already overloaded with special gifts and this elf had to select the less than super fast Warmblood Dressage Horse sleigh for the transportation of your Special Secret Santa stash I'm told the current rate of piaffe packages is approximately one week!

So, niether rain, nor snow, nor dark of night will prevent your goodie box from arriving NEXT week! Cross your hooves and everything else that we don't have any East Coast Hurricanes, Northeasters, Earthquakes, or other reasons to delay the Warmblood Piaffe Pair de Deux Sleigh from arriving at your barn in perfect form and before December 25, 2012!

You want us warmbloods to deliver Meghan's presents by sleigh? Uh that's what the UPS guys are for, LOL. We just buy stuff, we don't deliver it.