The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Oh glad to see the reminder to get our packages out!
    I will be wrapping this weekend.
    Wonder where my stelf is...?
    Shopping hopefully I'm ridiculously easy to buy for!

SweetMutt's Elf Guest

Hi SweetMutt!

Just to let you know that my final plans are in process. Waiting for a gift to be delivered. But have no fear, I'm not a grinch.

And if I win $300 million in Powerball tomorrow night, I promise to share a little extra Christmas cheer.

Your elf

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    You know I loved the old furbies! I thought they were funny..
    I am weird like that. Are they terribly expensive now?
    I think they're about $45, and you can train them to have different personalities...

Quote Originally Posted by Blugal View Post
    Do you mean a polar bear and a caribou? I think trying to hitch those together could be a problem!
    I dunno, if you hitched the caribou in front (tandem?) with enough distance, you might get some serious speed out of that pairing. Steering, OTOH, might be an issue.

3 members found this post helpful.

Alicat's Elf Guest

This elfs goodie box went out Tuesday.
    But alicat518, I flunked Wrapping in Elf school. Nearly was thrown out of elf school. So alas the box is full of unwrapped goodies, so feel free to open and enjoy.
    There is still a box to go, but there seems to be some technical Problem with shipping to the pole. So never fear I am on it!!!

Oh I'm so sad!!! Snicklefritzg's package was returned today saying "No Such Number!!" Snicklefritzg - I sent you a PM - hopefully we can get this straightened out so that the sleigh will know where to head - Rudolf is getting tired, lol.

MapleBreeze's Elf Guest

MapleBreeze, your elf just sent you a little note in regards to a last minute item...

MapleBreeze's Elf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Donkerbruin View Post
    So what's the word on revealing oneself? Should I include a note in the package, or post on here? What is everyone else doing?
    I'm also curious about this!

appendixqhloverelf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AppendixQHLover View Post
    I got my present today. Thanks...Elf and Foaling Around. Love the soaps and magnet of my little angel's head. I just finally got my mail from the last month...
    That is part one of your gift. There is more to follow :-)

Default OPUS1 !!!

fair warning, I'm breaking the rules! I have NO intention of sending everything on Dec. 1 !!

I have more than one present/box, and I'm spreading them out so you can enjoy the opening even more!

oh, and it's possible, but not definite, that ONE (or more) may be marked DO NOT OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS, it'll be up to you whether or not YOU break that rule,

2 members found this post helpful.

I Hate Computers !!! I can't get on with my alter. I got in once but not since. I feel so bad for my giftee.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    I Hate Computers !!! I can't get on with my alter. I got in once but not since. I feel so bad for my giftee.
    Twinkle, Try clearing your cache and your history, That same thing happened to me last week, then after I did that it worked!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Well I had a bit of a hard time remembering my password! But here I am!

Digit2009 should have received at least one part of her gift already. I haven't revealed who I am yet... as there is more to come!

I am also looking forward to a surprise from my own elf. I know s/he's been busy... it makes going to the post office every day a little more fun, knowing there just *might* be something for me (other than bills...!)

Oh Jonesbug, Oh Jonesbug,
    do not be blue
    today a package arrived,
    number one of two!

Monday will bring
    one more to me
    then off to the shops,
    for small goodies for thee!

I am getting it all done
    under the wire,
    school, work, research reports,
    My fingers have been on fire!

I do all this
    for holiday cheer,
    but I am not sure,
    if you're old enough to raise a beer!

Soon your package will be in the post
    from down here, to straight up the coast!

I feel as gitty as a school girl!

Shayaalliard, sorry to be such a stealth elf. This month is beyond crazy and I thought originally we had until December 7th! I am getting your gifts assembled, they may arrive in more than one package.

Wrapping may get.... interesting, given what your gifts are so far.

Kinda sad I have never heard from my elf. It is fun to get taunted!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Seabreeze,

Your Stealth Elf has packed up the sleigh & the box is now FULL, of surprises we elfs hope will be pleasing to you. So in a week or so at your front porch, should be a simple brown box of Christmas Joy for you. Happy Holidays from Stealth Elf & Crew....

I am being a stelf. Hoping to get more into the spirit this coming week.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Quote Originally Posted by opus1elf View Post
    fair warning, I'm breaking the rules! I have NO intention of sending everything on Dec. 1 !!

I have more than one present/box, and I'm spreading them out so you can enjoy the opening even more!

oh, and it's possible, but not definite, that ONE (or more) may be marked DO NOT OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS, it'll be up to you whether or not YOU break that rule,
    NICE!!

And no worries about mailing them out later. In fact, I probably won't send most out to my giftee until the second week of Dec. Of course, they're also only about a 4 hour drive away, so I'm fairly certain the USPS will get it there well before Xmas day.
    The dude abides ...

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
    HOLY COW ELF! TarheelJD, you are AMAZING! I haven't OPENED anything yet (um...that may be happening tonight...not going to lie), but after a truly terrible week, I came home to a HUGE box waiting for me! I dug in and pulled everything out, wrapped so beautifully! I had to sit on the stoop and cry for a second that someone could take so much time and do things so beautifully! After a year of being forgotten and shuffled behind getting everything done for everyone else, that, even BEFORE opening anything, was one of the best gifts one could get the eve of thanksgiving. THANK YOU! (expect a private message once I get things actually opened) Thank you for making my day, week and month, and for your gorgeous wrapping skills! (Which I truly wish I had!)
    Oh yay, I am so glad your box of prezzies brightened up an otherwise blah time! I go through those periods sometimes at work when everything is so annoying and draining and before you know it, you have had the month from hell. I am so glad Secret Santa brightened your day and kicked off the holiday seasons right! That is what it is about after all, at least for me.

As for the wrapping, my husband and friends laugh at me a bit, because I am a little obsessive about it!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson