The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default But, I already have four cats!

Sigh, look what showed up under my bird feeder this morning.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL72.../403849917.jpg

It's definitely a 10 in terms of kitten cuteness, and it's undoubtedly feral, because there's a feral cat colony nearby.

So, do I get the trap out and add another cat to my personal cat colony, or not?
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

OMG the CUTENESS!!!! I'm not going to be any help, I have 4 too. But if I saw that under the birdfeeder it would definitely be coming inside . . . . .
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

We had 4 at one point.

Then a trip to the shelter to get *A* kitten turned into " but kittens have to come in pairs" so 4 turned into 6.

This one is WAY too cute not to add to your personal colony

Taking (and posting) pictures is as bad as naming them - once either of these things happen...you have a new kitten! She is very cute & I'll be the first to congratulate you! I have 6, by the way....2 were feral, 2 were strays & 2 from the pound. The bright side to being the crazy cat lady is always having fur-friends.

So adorable.

I'm enabling.

Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

She might eat you.
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

What's one more? Just add an extra catbox.

Another 6-er here. Whatever, two are shy so it's not like they count. The other only stays in one room of the house, and he's old so he doesn't move. Only one is allowed in my bedroom. So really it's like I just have one.

Kittens are freaking cute. And I agree...getting out the camera to take a picture might as well be naming it..

DO IT!!!

Five cats is just one teensy-tinesy step up from four, & think of the quality of life factor. Good food, medical attention, shelter, & love vs. living in the wild eating parasite-riddled wildlife??

DO IT!!!

Louise is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

I probably will. My only worry is Leon. This is Leon.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL72.../403852325.jpg

Looks harmless, doesn't he? He is the bane of my other three cats existence. He has dominance issues and plays very, very rough. I'm a little bit afraid of what he will do to a kitten.

I haven't seen this kitten since it ran away from me this morning. The food is untouched. I'll put fresh out tonight and see if anything takes it

You've already got 4, what's one more?

I have 12. 5 is nothing. Still safely under the crazy cat lady cut off line.

Congrats on your adorable new kitten!

Louise is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

I just went out to feed the birds, and there it was, sitting on my back steps. It ran when it saw me. Food now out in two more places in the yard. If I can get it to eat, that will be the first step. I just hope some b*stard didn't dump it.

As I sit here, typing this, there is a chipmunk chipping his alarm call outside the window. Hopefully, that means that the kitten didn't go far.

And don't forget a good old Hav-A-Heart trap. Many shelters/humane societies will "rent" you one if you don't want one of your own.

Of COURSE you will! Serious, serious kitten cute.... should hold you over during the "You little bas**rd!" phase.

If it helps, I once had a "Leon" who was AWFUL with other cas. Just wretched. When Bacon came home, awful boy saw him as an understudy rather than a snack. They were fast friends.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

Congratulations, Louise, on your new and most adorable kitten. Even from the pic, it seems s/he is rather thin ... so really needs a good home.

Reminds me of how Lila came to be with me. Had just let out the big red Doberman and she was most fixated around the lilac bush. Go out to see what she's after and there is a tiny kitten holding on for dear life on the thin lilac branches.

I didn't need another cat either, but I scooped her up and she is here today some years later and I love her dearly.

Have you thought of names for your new kitty???

(Thanks for taking this one in as I'm pretty sure you will ... really a very cute kitten.)

And what is the new kitty's name going to be?

Oh, come on, he's SMILING. You can't just ignore a kitten who's SMILING.

Just be patient and keep feeding him. He'll come around. Says the person with cat #4 who was acquired the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I probably will. My only worry is Leon. This is Leon.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL72.../403852325.jpg

Looks harmless, doesn't he? He is the bane of my other three cats existence. He has dominance issues and plays very, very rough. I'm a little bit afraid of what he will do to a kitten.

I haven't seen this kitten since it ran away from me this morning. The food is untouched. I'll put fresh out tonight and see if anything takes it
    My first thought upon seeing him was the line from the movie "Airplane"..."Leoonnnnss getttinngg ROUNNDDEERR!!!"

Adorable! Do it!