The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
Results 1,281 to 1,289 of 1289

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    "La belle legerete a la Francaise" . . . beautiful French way of "Lightness."
    Légèreté, oui. Legerite, non.

1 members found this post helpful.

Or perhaps she could put Légèr-ite (a person who is light...)
    I.D.E.A. yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    In case anyone missed it. Swamp Yankee= Lady Eboshi

Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    Légèreté, oui. Legerite, non.
    No I didn’t get that but I’m glad you are here – I enjoyed conversing with you at the very beginning of this thread !! Oh and thx for starting it BTW!

Je n’ai pas de clavier AZERTY donc pas d’accents et malheureusement je suis beacoup trop paresseuse de m’inquieter
    (I don't have a French keyboard so no accents and I'm just too lazy to care)

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ideayoda View Post
    There will also be four in Seattle area: http://www.cadburyfarm.com/clinics-at-cadbury-farm/
    Apparently the floodgates have already opened in the PNW - Wish I was there !! (not for the weather mind you)

There were notes (a link) to travels to learn about PK from one of his student posted either here/facebook/etc....anyone have the link?
    I.D.E.A. yoda

Default Permanent Change of Venue for the “Legerite Series” Western States.

Just a friendly FYI for you French Classical enthusiasts. The Philippe Karl “Legerite” series has had a recent venue change. The courses given by Bertrand Ravoux, will now be held at the Golden Creek Equine in Cheyenne Wyoming. They will start in July 2013.

An important point to note also is that Mr. Karl will not be physically present for the exams at the conclusion of the series. He will instead evaluate the participant’s progress on recorded DVD and grade them accordingly judging their competence to receive the license to teach the concepts of Legerite to their proper students.

Due to the considerable change in distance (13 hours of driving 1 way instead of the original 5 hours), I will not be able to follow the course in its entirety as an auditor. I will make spot visits when I can as a spectator, finances allowing (It costs $400 per session to spectate).

Frankly – I have to level with my fellow Cothers – I really want to follow the series but I just cannot justify this steep expense. After you tack on the gasoline for a 1500 roundtrip, then add your hotel and meals for the 3 days, that adds up and I’m not even riding!

If any of you live closer to the venue, plan to attend and wish to report on this thread your findings for each session, please do. I will of course make a detailed report if I can attend any of the sessions. If I sound disappointed - its because I am

As always, any new news to be continued….

2 members found this post helpful.

Bump

Why should this matter?

And color me equally disappointed on the change of venue. Seattle is possible; WY is not. And $400 just to watch is also not in the cards. Seriously.

What does it cost in Germany to audit?

Disappointing indeed. Is PK the next PP only with a French accent?

Seems he thinks that his certified group can continue on his work. But imho watching a really good rider is part of learning better technique. And the ones I have seem are not him. It worries me that it becomes too dilute. Yes, the horse is the best judge, but clear mind's eye must be there too. Just mho.
    I.D.E.A. yoda