The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    I read that Ven deleted all of his nasty Tweets about that customer he bullied so unmercifully, and apologized. Too little, too late, and I understand many former contestants and others in the fashion industry has said his career is toast because of his behavior. I would really love to Tim's face when he found out what was going on. Tim is such a nice person that I imagine he really ripped Ven a new one for his behavior.
    You know, Tim had an opportunity to put the kibosh on that BS EARLY ON and failed to do so. In the very first consulation, Ven was prattling on and on about, basically, writer's block (or the design equivalent) and it was TIM who introduced the concept of size (she's not THAT big, size 14 is BARELY plus sized). That was after the first time Ven met his client and Tim really could have said "cut the crap, size is irrelevant, just design" but he didn't. I think the producers egged Ven on a bit, for better footage (which is NO EXCUSE for Ven's poor behavior, but the show could have nipped it in the bud more and didn't).

And I, for one, though Gunner's enthusiasm for his own client was a bit disengenous, over-the-top, and "put on," but at the end of the day he made his client feel really special and made her something she loved. And he rescued Ven's client from total disaster. So... it might have been a little goofed up for the camera, but at least his heart was in the right place and he *got it* about pleasing the client within the bounds of the show.

I do think, however, that Project Runway is somewhat responsible for how that whole debacle turned out... they went for ratings and got it!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    I didn't like Gunnar, until I read what he did to help that poor woman that Ven was bullying, but now I love him. I'm so glad they didn't send him home last week, and I bet it was really because of how nicely he behaved to that woman. Dmitri seems really good too.
    Meh, I think it was a foregone conclusion that no one was going home last week. They lost one designer too many due to the 2 quitters and next week is a "teams of 3" challenge so they had to catch up last week. I think Heidi/Michael/Nina/the producers knew going into this challenge that no one would be eliminated.
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyc View Post
    I was really surprised with the judging last week? I really did not like Elana's (sp?) at all and thought Dmitri should have been in the top 3.
    I agree. I can't believe Dmitri wasn't in the top 3. That dress was stunning.

Christopher's gown really was beautiful.

That nasty thing Elena turned out - it was hideous. I can't believe they didn't send her home with that, much less put her in the top scores.

And Ven - he just needs to go. His designs are dated and he's just a nasty piece of work. After what he did to that poor woman on the makeovers, I can't believe they kept him.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

I've been a huge fan of PR since it started. But I'm wondering if this show has passed it's prime. I noticed subtle differences when the show moved to Lifetime and I think it's gotten more boring each season since. The designers are boring, the designs are uninspired and the "drama" is definately at 7th grade level.

The only improvement I've seen is Heidi. She's gotten a lot more vocal and I think most of her comments are spot on.

I'm a big fan of Michael Kors but have to say that I bought a handbag at Macys this past spring and the damn thing is falling apart. Thanks Mike,...I'll stick with Dooney and Burke from now on, thank you very much.
    Fan of the Swedish Chef

Here's my question- how can Michael Kors really judge the designs with those sunglasses on? Drives me batty!!!
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe726 View Post
    Here's my question- how can Michael Kors really judge the designs with those sunglasses on? Drives me batty!!!
    Fabulous diva-o-siveness??
    ~Veronica

I can not stand Ven and I am no fan of the floral stuff...He is tedious and annoying as a person, and boring imho as a designer..I like Dimitri alot.

And Alicia is gone...
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by Go Fish View Post
    I've been a huge fan of PR since it started. But I'm wondering if this show has passed it's prime. I noticed subtle differences when the show moved to Lifetime and I think it's gotten more boring each season since. The designers are boring, the designs are uninspired and the "drama" is definately at 7th grade level.
    Not to mention they are really going overboard on the product placement.
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

And once again the producers save Elena--her design wasn't the worse but that's twice she's been the source of an attitude problem in a group challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    And Alicia is gone...
    DAMMIT I WAS WATCHING THE DNC!

...not that I'm really surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    And once again the producers save Elena--her design wasn't the worse but that's twice she's been the source of an attitude problem in a group challenge.
    She's a pain in the @ss but I don't think their collection was even the worst! I really do like the things Melissa/Ven/Fabio generally make but their collection looked like the models wore someone else's clothes, rolled in then, and then SLEPT in them!
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    DAMMIT I WAS WATCHING THE DNC!

...not that I'm really surprised.

Oh gosh! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Veronica

Sarah, I'm watching it now on the west coast. You can catch any of these without commercials the next day free: http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

I think they are keeping Elena around because she and Ven are the villains, and they know people will watch just to see them act up, and hopefully get auffed.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

My odds for the top 3? Melissa, Dmitri, and then Chris/Ven-- but I lean towards Chris.
    I picked 3 of the 4 top 4 (I guess from now on it's going to be 4, not 3).

Did you agree Dmitri was the winner? I actually thought he had the best individual pieces but that Fabio overall had the best collection and got robbed.

Melissa- loved the red leather dress but otherwise forgettable. Chris, utterly forgettable.

In other news, my boyfriend met Tim Gunn at Union Station last week and told him I'm mildly obsessed. Tim was a total gentleman
    ~Veronica

Fabio totally was robbed. I'm boycotting Project Runway next season! Dmitri's collection was beautiful, but Fabio's was so innovative. Heidi said something like "I don't even like pastels and layering but now I want to do it!" I felt exactly the same way. True designer.
    ~Isabel

Proud owner and Head Groom for Infinity Sport Horse
    Facebook :: Website

I thought that Fabio had the best collection, it was just different and well done. Overall Dmitri has been my favorite for the show so even though I liked Fabio's collection best, I'm happy that he won. Dmitri had some questionable pieces (okay a lot of questionable pieces) in his collection, but in general I think he makes beautiful clothes.

I was glad this year that they didn't have the designers do one last look as a challenge after they got back to NY from being home. I think that always freaks them out and they makes something crappy. It was nice to see them get some extra time to fix up their existing looks based on the judges' critiques without having to make new clothes. I feel Fabio & Dmitri took advantage of that.

Has anyone started watching the new season of PR All Stars? I have it on the DVR but haven't watched it yet. I kind of wish they'd have taken a bit of a break between the seasons, this is a bit PR overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Has anyone started watching the new season of PR All Stars? I have it on the DVR but haven't watched it yet. I kind of wish they'd have taken a bit of a break between the seasons, this is a bit PR overkill.
    Agree, I'm a little fatigued. And All Stars is just not as good, IMHO. Without Heidi and Tim, the show has no heart.
    ~Veronica

Agree, I'm a little fatigued. And All Stars is just not as good, IMHO. Without Heidi and Tim, the show has no heart.
    I decided to start watching my DVR'ed first edition and OMG Andre and Uli are back! I'm all fangirl excited. A little less excited for the presence of Ivy, Joshua, and Wendy Pepper but hopefully Uli's flowy dresses and Andre's crying penchant will make up for it.

I don't really miss Heidi, Michael, and Nina in All Stars but I do miss Tim. I don't understand why he can't do both.