The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 2 Dobies back up for adoption. Adopter is bailing *sigh*

So the two 8 yr old blue dobermans are back on the chopping black and quickly heading to shelter if I dont come up with something NOW. The new adopter decided after a week that they "don't have time" for two old low maintance dogs. So now they are wanting to dump them. I am in no position to keep them as I work 7 days a week, have no yard and live on a very busy street. I am DESPERATE to find a reliable home that actually WANTS to dogs, not just to try ownership for a week and then resort to a "throw away society". *sigh* At this rate these two will be dead in a shelter in a matter of weeks. and the doberman rescues are FULL UP.

Aaaaaaaaaargh. Somebody?
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

where are you located?
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

The dogs are in Ipswich MA right now. Dobes1 is in RI

Please, if you can't home them, send them to DRU in NH. They won't be "dead in a shelter in a matter of weeks"
    What I lack in preparedness I make up for in enthusiasm

I wish I could take these two as I have a soft spot for Dobermans but I will say that I have full sibling Labs and for anyone considering these two but are worried it wil be twice the work I will testify that two are easier than one and the dynamics between our dogs are so unique that I would absolutely do it again.

I hope you can find these two a home soon!

It looks like both dogs are now going the Doberman Rescue on friday. At least here they will be SAFE!

Thank goodness. Thanks for letting us know.
    "The captive bolt is not a proper tool for slaughter of equids they regain consciousness 30 seconds after being struck fully aware they are being vivisected." Dr Friedlander DVM & frmr Chief USDA Insp

That's great news! Thank you for being their guardian angel. {{{{{ HUGS }}}}}

Today's the day the dogs are due to be delivered to DRU in NH. I talked to my vet about DRU yesterday and she says it is a fantastic operation and these guys will be safe and secure there. I'll call later today to make sure they get there.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBendPol View Post
    Today's the day the dogs are due to be delivered to DRU in NH. I talked to my vet about DRU yesterday and she says it is a fantastic operation and these guys will be safe and secure there. I'll call later today to make sure they get there.

Fantastic. I've been following along, hoping these two would land in a great spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

As someone who has adopted dobes from DRU, I can vouch for what a wonderful organization they are. There are none better and I don't say that about many shelters. Fantastic, caring, rescue. Your dobes will be in very good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by pezk View Post
    As someone who has adopted dobes from DRU, I can vouch for what a wonderful organization they are. There are none better and I don't say that about many shelters. Fantastic, caring, rescue. Your dobes will be in very good hands.
    Awww, that's so nice to hear. Thanks for chiming in...The 2 DobieDogs are now due at DRU on SUNDAY...I don't have the details. I'll let you all know when they are safely ensconced there.......

Here is an email I just received from the coordinator at Doberman Rescue Unlimited in Sandown, NH:

Sam and Savannah did arrive on Sunday. We noticed some blood in their urine and it turns out they both have urinary tract infections. They are on medication now and should be feeling better soon. They are lovely dogs. Thank you for helping them get to DRU.

So glad to hear they are in a safe place!
    Real Horses. Real Riders. Real Results! www.wvhorsetrainer.com