The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Warrenton Hunt Night

Survived the deluge at the Warrenton Horse Show Hunt Night! Got most of it in before the tropical rains were a total buzz kill. Saw many COTH friends both riding and having fun!

Congratulations to Keswick who won the night due much to their huntsman Tony Gammell winning the staff class and others.
    Congrats to Warrenton who was reserve overall champ and who won the teams!
    Congrats to our Old Dominion Hounds Ross Salter for winning the horn blowing contest & 3rd in staff class both in the pouring rain!
    Congrats to JSwan, Sidesaddlerider and others for all their work & spirit in competing!
    I think Joseph Keusch won the gentlemans hack or was that the masters class?. I saw Penny Denegre of Middleburg Hunt won a sidesaddle class; not sure which. I need help with some of the other results.....I might have been socializing or eating during a class or 2.
    It stayed dry most of the evening but when the sky opened up w/thunder/lightening around 8:30 or so; it was a mass exodus. My complete admiration for those competitors who stayed and competed in a downpour. We stayed to clap for them. Jumping in/out of puddles ankle deep. Gotta love them fieldhunters. Didn't seem to care. And today there are a buncha wet hunt coats laying around drying out! Gack!!
    OH! And thank gawd for the covered grandstands!
    It was a great night! Were you there? Add to this!!

Quote Originally Posted by wateryglen View Post
    Survived the deluge at the Warrenton Horse Show Hunt Night! Got most of it in before the tropical rains were a total buzz kill. Saw many COTH friends both riding and having fun!

Congratulations to Keswick who won the night due much to their huntsman Tony Gammell winning the staff class and others.
    Congrats to Warrenton who was reserve overall champ and who won the teams!
    Congrats to our Old Dominion Hounds Ross Salter for winning the horn blowing contest & 3rd in staff class both in the pouring rain!
    Congrats to JSwan, Sidesaddlerider and others for all their work & spirit in competing!
    I think Joseph Keusch won the gentlemans hack or was that the masters class?. I saw Penny Denegre of Middleburg Hunt won a sidesaddle class; not sure which. I need help with some of the other results.....I might have been socializing or eating during a class or 2.
    It stayed dry most of the evening but when the sky opened up w/thunder/lightening around 8:30 or so; it was a mass exodus. My complete admiration for those competitors who stayed and competed in a downpour. We stayed to clap for them. Jumping in/out of puddles ankle deep. Gotta love them fieldhunters. Didn't seem to care. And today there are a buncha wet hunt coats laying around drying out! Gack!!
    OH! And thank gawd for the covered grandstands!
    It was a great night! Were you there? Add to this!!
    Joseph got 2nd in the Gentleman's Hack; not sure why though, because I think he usually wins that class.
    He also got Best Turn(ed)?-out, I think. Still love him!

Thumbs up Yep!!

Thanks! I love Josephs taste in horses and surely did love THAT big horse. Fabulous floaty trot & canter.....Asked J if I could take him off his hands for him; offered him 10 bucks! He said..."but that wouldn't be fair because my offer is more than he paid for him!!" Horse is a Hilltop Farm Hannoverian by Contucci..
    Also loved Penny Denegre's horse.....I always love them SS horses.....I also loved....a lotta others too....sigh......
    In my fantasy world; those people just give me horses like that....

Thanks! I love Josephs taste in horses and surely did love THAT big horse. Fabulous floaty trot & canter.....Asked J if I could take him off his hands for him; offered him 10 bucks! He said..."but that wouldn't be fair because my offer is more than he paid for him!!" Horse is a Hilltop Farm Hannoverian by Contucci..
    Also loved Penny Denegre's horse.....I always love them SS horses.....I also loved....a lotta others too....sigh......
    In my fantasy world; those people just give me horses like that....
    $10 for Crispin? haha! Joseph's awesome. He's my riding instructor so I have the honor of him gracing me with his presence every week

... I saw Penny Denegre of Middleburg Hunt won a sidesaddle class; not sure which.
    Thanks!

Penny won the 2nd class (hunter hack) and was second in the u/s and o/f. Congrats to Jill on her deserved win in the other two classes with Sally Lamb's lovely gelding Uno.

And let me tell you, I *HATE* those darn bomber flies that were attacking my poor horse in the hunter hack class!!! Sometimes it does not pay to be on the darkest one out there...
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

Wateryglen (an apt name for Sunday night at the show) fails to mention that in addition to viewing gorgeous field hunters, enjoying the latest gossip, and eating delicious victuals, she has the opportunity each year at the show to have her errant opinions corrected by yours truly.

Talking Holdhard is a genius!!

I love you Holdhard you knucklehead!!
    And yes you DO know more about all that stuff than me and YES I'm saying it in public!! I am not worthy and bow down lowly in humble admiration. It's soooo nice to have shmart friends and fellow cothers!!
    If you sit w/HH you learn soooo much!
    Soooooooo much!! Maybe as an income stream you should charge peeps to sit w/you and learn from the professor!!

WG bows and exits with a flourish......and goes looking for dawglover who is hopefully dry by now!