The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default 2016 The Movie

Have you seen it?

What did you think?

Did you find it factual? If not, which facts were inaccurate?

Very enlightening. Not the republican flag waving, we're the best, political propaganda people are trying to make it out to be. Just a well researched documentary on what makes Obama the way he is. I haven't researched all the facts, but what I have read seems to be based on the truth.

We saw it a couple weeks ago. The movie used obamas own words then introduced us to the people or events which was interesting. I had heard of obama's friend "Frank" but did not know how extreme, radical and anti-US he was nor how much of a mentor he was to obama.

I knew all about Rev Wright but had not thought of him the context the movie showed him in, anti-colonial. That whole 20 year relationship between the obamas and Wright will always bother me. The swiftness in which obama dumped Wright was an eye opener.

All in all it was a good movie, no drama, just words and facts.

Thumbs up

I will see it eventually.

It's written by one of my favorite authors Dinesh D'Souza. Smart, smart cookie that one. I expect it to be written from the authors perspective but have good insight, detail and educated commentary.

I generally won't watch any sort of propaganda from either side and I know D'Souza would not participate in some meaningless drivel aimed at being hostile to all who disagree a la Michael Moore or most of the other shallow brained Hollywood kids
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

twotrudoc, after seeing Dinesh's interview this week, I believe he did succumb to the propaganda drivel.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I disagree. I have not even seen the interview and i also don't know how it was "edited" (meaning parts cut out to make sentences seem different!) and I would not be surprised if it was edited in such a manner. D'Souza has a stellar reputation, he spent a lot of time researching this and he values his integrity and honesty above most anything.

Laura, please keep in mind that this author is someone I have read and learned about quite a bit. It's not like I just picked up a few "fun facts" off a Wiki site or "heard about" him through some politically biased interview.
    The Knotted Pony

Actually, I saw him interviewed by several different interviews and I came away with the same impression each time. Propaganda. Just like Michael Moore's films tend to be propaganda. No difference. He's quick to deflect though...he'd make a good politician.

I disagree with your assessment of Dinesh D'Souza.
    The Knotted Pony

Actually, I have time today, why don't you give me a quick list of all those interviews you studied or watched? Who interviewed? Dates?
    The Knotted Pony

Piers Morgan was one. I'll have to look for the others. From what I gather conservatives ended up with a different takeaway than I did. I really had no idea who he was when I saw the Piers Morgan interview and when I saw it, I thought, ahhh, it's the standard Republican line, make Obama the other, different, the foreigner, the Muslim sympathizer.

I have no clue other than the Piers Morgan interview. I tend to watch Morning Joe or Soledad O'Brien in the morning, but it could have been anything during the day if the TV was on.

It appears it's just another attempt to make Obama appear to be foreign, the other, not one of use, the Muslim sympathizer and on and on ad nauseum. McCain was ethical enough to stand up to it, but the current crop of politicians are not.

http://randomindependent.wordpress.c...-the-next-day/

"Then there’s his political interviews, but let’s dive into Piers’ very open political affiliation first. The Journalistic roots I mentioned earlier are actually Piers spending 10 years as the editor of two very prominent British tabloids. After this, Piers somehow became the co-host of a Crossfire type show, where Piers acted on the left-wing side, while his other co-host would represent the right-wing. So right there, you know he’s going to have a very biased style about him. Add to this the fact that Britain is generally a more liberal country in general, and Piers can be slightly antagonistic with his right-wing guests."

Piers Morgan of CNN-- the CNN that is known for being the liberal equivalent to Fox News???

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/smaj0002/pol..._fox_news.html

So, which other interviews have you seen besides one by an openly public liberal station by their liberal interviewer?
    The Knotted Pony

Laura, have you seen it?

I did yesterday which is why I am asking about it.

It presented very factually so I am just wondering if it is.

Having not seen it, it seems it would be hard to discuss the factual basis for it?

Interesting critique of D'Souza's writings.
    http://logosonline.home.igc.org/kelly.htm

I haven't been to a movie in 12 years and my first movie of this decade is not going to be right wing propaganda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soledad_O%27Brien

I also believe she was the one who was caught recently on air, didn't know the camera was on or similar, reading from a very left leaning blog, the paper was accidentally shown on air. She was called on it. Later she said she had no bias. It was either on Drudge or HotAir, the story.

Also, I believe she is the one who was on air with someone on the right, sort of badgering him about something. He challenged her back about whatever it was. She kind of stammered a bit and replied in an odd way. Turned out, someone was feeding her info through her earpiece, which came straight from Wikipedia and then the Wiki site was purged minute by minute. I don't pay enough attention to her, but, if it makes national news, it has to be something there.
    Last edited by goneriding24; Sep. 3, 2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: .
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Authored by the same Christine Kelly who is an enjoyed professor but is noted to not be amenable to her students disagreeing with her openly progressive liberal views??

C'mon Laura! Open your mind and read something not put out by the liberal machine LOL!!

And Logos (Online); A Journal of Modern Society and Culture

AKA

The future of American Liberalism

http://www.leftforum.org/category/sp...h-raw%5D-45LOL!!
    The Knotted Pony

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post

I haven't been to a movie in 12 years and my first movie of this decade is not going to be right wing propaganda.
    Fair enough!

I was interested in the facts is all...not conjecture (which is why I asked for those that have seen it).

Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    Fair enough!

I was interested in the facts is all...not conjecture (which is why I asked for those that have seen it).

An honest request! I am looking forward to reading knowledgeable and educated responses about it. I'll pass on the propaganda.
    The Knotted Pony

twotrudoc I appreciate your input also on Dinesh.

I was simply blown away by the movie. Felt ill towards the end.

Enough that I really want to know how much of this is true...

If only part of it is true, it is so disturbing that I can't get it off my mind.

I also find it unfortunate that liberals are not interested in seeing it-I would be just as fascinated if it were about a Republican.

As you, I have no interest in the propaganda, rather am interested in the truth and facts...which seem so very slim in times when information is so available.

Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    twotrudoc I appreciate your input also on Dinesh.

I was simply blown away by the movie. Felt ill towards the end.

Enough that I really want to know how much of this is true...

If only part of it is true, it is so disturbing that I can't get it off my mind.

I also find it unfortunate that liberals are not interested in seeing it-I would be just as fascinated if it were about a Republican.

As you, I have no interest in the propaganda, rather am interested in the truth and facts...which seem so very slim in times when information is so available.
    Ah, there lies the problem. Too much information and not enough facts.