The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I had to drop my car off at the dealer for inspection/a gazillion dollars worth of work yesterday, and my friend (whose dad owns the dealership) let me borrow her brand-new fancy SUV for the day. I couldn't drive anywhere, because I was scared of this much technology. There's no key, just a keychain that automatically locks and unlocks the doors for you, and then you press a button to turn the car on. A giant control screen rises out of the dashboard. The seat automatically adjusts to fit the driver. You controlled the XM radio stations by pressing buttons on the steering wheel. I couldn't talk on speakerphone because I was terrified I'd set off the voice controls on the OnStar and somehow summon emergency responders or something. So I was trapped in my house all day by this ginormous sentient vehicle.

In a cash crunch and can't afford the 10k annual inspection on the 500k private plane so no island trips in the near future for me!

Own my own farm, w/ nicest horse quality wise at the facility but the tractor keeps breaking on me and spend most of my time covered in grease/oil.

I forgot to add cinnamon to my peach crumble last night, and when I tried to sprinkle some on this morning, too much came out in a rush.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Quote Originally Posted by Blugal View Post
    I forgot to add cinnamon to my peach crumble last night, and when I tried to sprinkle some on this morning, too much came out in a rush.
    I just LOLed.

Mmm... peaches are so good with cinnamon! discovered that this summer
    Why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?
    ~ Dave Barry

The design of my new coffee maker makes it really hard to pour the water in without spilling it.

The jerks on the other end of my device don't agree with my political opinion....

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Y'all are breaking my heart with these terrible tribulations
    Why do such terrible things happen to such nice people

Here's my $.02:
    I built myself a 2-stall barn with attached 60X120 indoor arena.
    And discovered I really prefer to ride outdoors.
    And I only have 2 flat grassy areas - roughly equal to or larger than said indoor - to do that on.
    And since our drought-ending rains the ground is too soft on one and the other is waiting for neighbors to do a 2nd cutting of hay before I can use it.

Poor, Poor Me.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Wink

Yesterday I went to Starbucks and the app on my phone wouldn't work to pay for my latte, so I had to bum money off of my co worker. What a travesty!!!
    Me: In a long-winded explanation of who GM is and why he is Important to the Sport
    Mr EmJ: So what you're saying is GM is so Important he could get Chik-Fil-A on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by EmJ628 View Post
    Yesterday I went to Starbucks and the app on my phone wouldn't work to pay for my latte, so I had to bum money off of my co worker. What a travesty!!!
    There's an app for that?

yup, if you have a starbucks gift card you can link it to the starbucks app on your phone and pay using your phone. When the card is used up you can reload it. Oh wait was that a tongue-in-cheek question?
    Me: In a long-winded explanation of who GM is and why he is Important to the Sport
    Mr EmJ: So what you're saying is GM is so Important he could get Chik-Fil-A on Sunday?

The outlet at my desk is on the right side (on the wall) and my Macbook's power cord attaches on the left side of the computer. Which means the blocky part of the power cord is left in limbo (on my desk? on the floor?) and the cord is now draped across the desk.

I just went to the office kitchen to make a cup of tea and there were no clean teaspoons left to stir my honey and milk in with.

There's a leak in our house that we've been tracking down for three years. DH has cut holes in the walls in the dining room, removed the siding from our house, re-insulated and we have workers putting on new siding. One of them pointed out there's a hole in our window that he thinks caused the whole thing :-)

Quote Originally Posted by EmJ628 View Post
    Wow, that's a whole new level of First World Problem- trauma with an app on the smartphone at Starbucks!