The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

My Lexus is due for an oil change and won't display the exterior temperature until I get it done. Now I have to gauge whether to put on my jacket or not by actually opening the door and FEELING the temperature.

My life is so hard.
    If the pony spits venom in your face or produces a loud roar, it is probably not a pony. Find another. -The Oatmeal

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMutt View Post
    My Lexus is due for an oil change and won't display the exterior temperature until I get it done. Now I have to gauge whether to put on my jacket or not by actually opening the door and FEELING the temperature.

My life is so hard.
    My temp display broke a year ago. It was 200 bucks to fix. Now I check weather.com before I leave the house.

And having to take care of the horses in the morning gives me a good idea of what it will be like when I leave for work.
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

My personal psychic told me that my new stable and indoor are not in proper alignment and creating negative Feng Shui that's effecting the dressage training of my imported Hanoverian Stallions.

The movers haven't delivered my fancy treadmill yet, so I have to run outside. Where the common people walk

Also there are small hills occasionally. I don't mind hills, as long as they're pre-programmed.

Our pizza tonight had TOO MUCH CHEESE ON IT. C'mon, Pizzaman

When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

My heated seats are malfuntioning, going on and off constantly. I have to keep the a/c on all day Definitely a first world problem.

My Brita (water filter) pitcher's top falls off every time I pour water!! Pisses me off every.damn.time!! (You'd think I would learn to hold it on...)

I had very expensive breast augmentation and now my boobs dont sit where I want them to when I lay down. I also dont like how they feel when I dont wear a bra, although they look great. Is this what big boobed people live with all the time?! (TMI?! eh, its COTH)
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

The pizza delivery boy just called me back for more directions to find where I work so he can bring me a hot, delicious pizza. What a pain
    Quarry Rat

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat518 View Post

I had very expensive breast augmentation and now my boobs dont sit where I want them to when I lay down. I also dont like how they feel when I dont wear a bra, although they look great. Is this what big boobed people live with all the time?! (TMI?! eh, its COTH)
    Yes. Yes it is.

Heck, I'm too cheap to purchase bras that actually fit 100% correctly because they aren't pretty enough.......so I settle for a 90% fit, which is pretty much a terrible thing to do when you're a 36G......
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by lovey1121 View Post
    Our pizza tonight had TOO MUCH CHEESE ON IT. C'mon, Pizzaman

NO SUCH THING.
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

They were out of peach cobbler at Cracker Barrel on my birthday, so I had to settle for blackberry instead. <HEAVY SIGH>
    Failure is always an option*
    -Mythbusters

*As long as you figure out what you f'ed up and fix it! -Me

I flew to Sydney to celebrate a significant birthday with dinner at a fancy restaurant. I even bought new shoes. And the food was okay, nice even, but not really worth the time and cost.

To make things worse, we went to a not quite as fancy but still fancy vineyard restaurant an hour's drive from home the following weekend with family, and the food, wine and service was fantastic, way way better than the fancy Sydney experience. Plus, the tab for a table of seven with hearty appetites and mean thirsts was less than the dinner for two at Sydney. Sheesh.
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat518 View Post

Well, where would you like them to sit?

I'm wearing a new shirt for the first time, and it has that "new shirt" smell, even though I already washed it. Waah.

It was cold on my way to work this morning (48!!) and the seat warmer in my F-250 was malfunctioning so my butt was cold.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

I had a headache last night because instead of my morning coffee, I had raspberry iced tea at Panera and forgot to have coffee in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMutt View Post

My life is so hard.
    My mother spent perhaps an hour or two of her life driving my '99 Dodge Ram and the following ensued:

"Where is the temperature gague?"
    "Stick your hand out the window."
    "And where do I adjust the mirrors?"
    "...How do I open the window?!"
    "Roll that little lever on the side of the door."

It was a whole new world.

My new washing machine is getting delivered Saturday so now I cant go down the shore. WAAAAH....

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    My mother spent perhaps an hour or two of her life driving my '99 Dodge Ram and the following ensued:

"Where is the temperature gague?"
    "And where do I adjust the mirrors?"
    "...How do I open the window?!"
    "Roll that little lever on the side of the door."

It was a whole new world.
    HAHAHAHAHA I have a '99 Toyota 4Runner...I loled at this. Love it!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Growing up under a dictator, when years later we had a chance to vote, only heads of household got to do so, for precinct officials and voting was mandatory.

When you got to the election site, there was only one ballot with YES on it you checked, no names or any other on it.
    If you wanted to vote any other, you had to sign a black ledger to get a blank voting sheet.

Now, the scene set, I will say that some find it annoying that, when choosing to go vote, we even have a choice if to vote or not, we have sheets full of names and you have to think about who to vote for.
    How inconvenient.