The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Oh, and I'm hungry and want to eat, but it's pouring rain outside and I don't have an umbrella. I'm not hungry enough to walk 15 minutes across campus in the pouring rain, so I'll just starve

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Grey_hunter View Post
    My dorm, school cafeteria, parking lot, and classes are all placed as far away from each other as the campus allows, so now I have to walk 90 minutes a day to get to cafeteria, class, other class, cafeteria, other class, dorm, car, dorm, cafeteria, dorm. It's making me get in shape
    Haha sounds like me in 4th year (except my walk was across a city, not a campus, and I chose to live that far away whereas you probably didn't). I loved it unless it rained - embrace the walk! I'm now missing not having transport. Sometimes. lol.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I bought a pair of glittery Tom's and three weeks later they introduced a new, better glitter pair, and I cannot justify 2 pairs of glitter shoes.

Pair I have: http://www.toms.com/womens/glitters/...omen-s-glitter

Pair I want: http://www.toms.com/womens/glitters/...men-s-glitters
    "I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way."

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Grey_hunter View Post
    Oh, and I'm hungry and want to eat, but it's pouring rain outside and I don't have an umbrella. I'm not hungry enough to walk 15 minutes across campus in the pouring rain, so I'll just starve
    Along those lines, we have some of the most abundant, varied, available at any time on demand, even out of season as imported, clean and safe produce humanity ever had.
    Then so many consumers stand in front of that bounty in store bins, complaining they can't find exactly what they are looking for.

How perfect do we think a banana needs to be to suit us?

I can't figure out when to schedule my massage or a lesson this week.

My new phone arrives tomorrow (malware ate the old one...) but my OtterBox comes Thursday.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie2337 View Post
    I bought a pair of glittery Tom's and three weeks later they introduced a new, better glitter pair, and I cannot justify 2 pairs of glitter shoes.

Pair I have: http://www.toms.com/womens/glitters/...omen-s-glitter

Pair I want: http://www.toms.com/womens/glitters/...men-s-glitters
    I just had this EXACT SAME CONVERSATION with my friend. She saw my Tom's and said, "Oh, are those the herringbone with the glitter? I almost bought those!" and I said, "No, they're the plain herringbone... there are herringbone with GLITTER now?"

Very dissatisfied with my lot.

I have to admit, I consoled myself with glitter Danskos. http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/E...fessional.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    I just had this EXACT SAME CONVERSATION with my friend. She saw my Tom's and said, "Oh, are those the herringbone with the glitter? I almost bought those!" and I said, "No, they're the plain herringbone... there are herringbone with GLITTER now?"

Very dissatisfied with my lot.
    "I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way."

I lost my favorite pair of jeans earlier this past month after house sitting in a rather stressful, animal-filled environment including a nine-foot king snake (it was wild) that watched me clean the pool daily. The home owner said she would look for my jeans after I left, since I was convinced they were somewhere in that house. I emailed the home owner once a week since then asking if she'd found them. Never heard anything back. Two days ago, I gave in and shelled out $75 to replace them because I was getting exasperated not having them in my wardrobe when I wanted them. Today I get an email from the home owner saying she's found my jeans, and of course I get that email on my iphone while wearing the new favorite pair of jeans which have fresh horse slobber on them. So now I have two favorite pairs of jeans... and I have a bump on my head from where I repeatedly hit my head against a wall over the matter as well as an empty wallet.

On another note, I house-sat in a house for three days with no AC. I'm in GA. Let's just say I've lived in the jungle in Bali, Indonesia, and GA summers are still more miserable.

I hate it when I order an iced mocha and it arrives over ice instead of blended.
    ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    I hate it when I order an iced mocha and it arrives over ice instead of blended.
    Well, that's your own fault. An iced mocha is cold milk, chocolate and espresso over ice. A blended iced mocha would be blended.

However, I was a barista, and I'm pretty sure existing to make a wide variety of overpriced espresso beverages for people is a First World Problem in itself...

My super-old water heater is starting to leak, and I can't afford to put in a bigger one so I don't have to crank it up in order to fill my bubble-tub.

Well, that's your own fault. An iced mocha is cold milk, chocolate and espresso over ice. A blended iced mocha would be blended.

However, I was a barista, and I'm pretty sure existing to make a wide variety of overpriced espresso beverages for people is a First World Problem in itself...
    It may also be a FWP that I have to differentiate b/t iced mocha and blended iced mocha when ordering my custom coffee!!
    ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

I just arrived home today after being pampered by my mom and MrB's parents in the city, after having critically important surgery by a skilled plastic surgeon, in a clean and state of the art hospital, with plenty of medication including anti anxiety iv beforehand....

I just remembered I live out where the fastest network speed is only 3g.
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

I think a mocha is over ice, a frappe is over crushed ice.
    Order a frappe and see if you have better luck getting what you want.

I went camping this weekend, or shall I say "camping". The three of us only purchased 4 bottles of wine in the torrential downpour that happened and our wood was too wet to make coffee the next morning. We had to drive to the local foodmart for coffee after a night of drinking. Sucked.
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Quote Originally Posted by rmh_rider View Post
    Drats the cable/satellite is out, so I have to watch something on DVD, or what was recorded on the DVDr.

Oh drats, the lights are out, so now I have to bathe in the tub by candlelight, and since there is no electricity, the jetted tub jets won't work.

Or... Drat my power went out. Now I have to listen to my 50 gigawatt diesel generator running as I post on coth in my tub on my custom made floating waterproof Macbook Pro.

We were going to Paris for the weekend and our Gulfstream had an engine problem and we had to turn around and take our Lear instead. I so like the oval windows of the Gulfstream so much better then those dreadful rectangular windows of the Lear.

Quote Originally Posted by To the MAX View Post
    We don't have enough water pressure for our shower to work, so I've been bathing with a solo cup.
    Was it at least a RED Solo cup?

Better be using a blue Solo cup, red is not for water!
    Quarry Rat

I can't fit my brand new F150 into my parking space! (this is a real problem I'm having. very stressfull!)