The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default First World Problems

This is a thread meant in good fun. As per Urban Dictionary, a first world problem is "First World Problems, also known as “White Whine,” are frustrations and complaints that are only experienced by privileged individuals in wealthy countries. It is typically used as a tongue-in-cheek comedic device to make light of trivial inconveniences."

What are your first world problems??

Here's mine; My iPhone and iPad both need to charge at the same time and I can only find one charger.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

My bedroom air conditioner doesn't work very well.

*sigh*

Where I moved now I can't get Fage Greek yogurt. I can get Oikos, and Liberte, and some other kinds, but Fage is the best and my life is so tragic now that I can't get it any more *firstworldtears*

I have a bad slice on my shin that requires 5 bandaids at a time. I just ran out of Angry Birds bandaids, so now I have to use Transformers. Oh, and I cant find my neo-to go, so I have to use the goopy stuff.
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

DD's exersaucer ran out of batteries, so now I actually have to entertain her myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

My cleaning lady hid my in-use Brillo pad.

We don't have enough water pressure for our shower to work, so I've been bathing with a solo cup.

I put $75 of gas in my truck this week and didn't even get 1/2 a tank (OK, that one actually REALLY depresses me).
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

To the Max, that first one is LEGIT a "second world" problem, at least!

A friend and I drank most of my wine yesterday, so now I have to drive to get another bottle if I want some tonight. They should have delivery....

The 'future cast' satellite map on Weather.com is having problems loading. Now I have to make the decision for turnout tonight based solely on the precipitation percentage predictions and looking at the sky. Tough!!

I couldn't afford first class to Oregon, so I have to settle for paying $60 more for an exit row.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat518 View Post
    To the Max, that first one is LEGIT a "second world" problem, at least!

A friend and I drank most of my wine yesterday, so now I have to drive to get another bottle if I want some tonight. They should have delivery....
    LOL, well I mean it's hot (as of Friday night) and it's running, so I think we have it pretty good.

And I hate when that happens! Especially since the liquor store here is 45 minutes away (Stupid PA laws requiring separate sales of liquor and beer!).

45 minutes?!!? Thank God I can pick up some cheap wine from the gas station a mile up the road, or if i'm feeling classy, theres a walmart 7 miles away.

45 minutes....I dont know what i'd do!!

Our cleaning guy has been using a weird cleaner/polish on the wood floors, and now it's really slippery and our feet squeak whenever we walk on it.
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

45 minutes?!!? Thank God I can pick up some cheap wine from the gas station a mile up the road, or if i'm feeling classy, theres a walmart 7 miles away.

45 minutes....I dont know what i'd do!!
    Lol, it's the worst! At least this week when I went to the liquor store to stock up it looked like I was having a Labor Day party...or something.

Now that we've moved, there's a beer distributor about 15 minutes away. I don't like beer, though. At our old house, both liquor and beer stores were about 40 minutes away as well. The best was when I went to pick my fiance up some beer and stopped at the Panera drive through on the way home. I had his cases of beer sitting on the passenger side. Panera girl said to me, "looks like someone is having a party!"

"What?"

"The beer cases in your passenger seat..."

"Oh...ummm....yeah...."

Oh goodness, we're too much alike. I felt weird buying 4 bottles of wine (and TP) on Friday. The guy asked me if I was having a party. Um, no, i'll be having one friend over. Plus it's a long weekend!

Our rental company trimmed the lower boughs of the pine trees behind our apartment so now we can see the building that the pine trees separate us from.

We can no longer live in ignorance of neighbors behind us.
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

Drats the cable/satellite is out, so I have to watch something on DVD, or what was recorded on the DVDr.

Oh drats, the lights are out, so now I have to bathe in the tub by candlelight, and since there is no electricity, the jetted tub jets won't work.

I got my toddler potty trained while DH was in Asia for work and I can't get him to remember to put the toilet seat down now that he's back. Urg!

Oh goodness, we're too much alike. I felt weird buying 4 bottles of wine (and TP) on Friday. The guy asked me if I was having a party. Um, no, i'll be having one friend over. Plus it's a long weekend!
    I feel as though we would be very good friends...

My house-sitter drank all my Nescafe Dolce Gusto Latte Macchiato capsules whilst we were in California, and the replacement shipment has been delayed, causing me to be without my morning latte for two days straight now.