The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 327
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    I asked for a shipping quote, and was told 50L. (pounds.) So about $100 US, which is pretty average for shipping from the UK, unfortunately.

    My brown, short boots rang up at 125L, which was great. The boots to my doorstep would be just a smidge over $275 with the current exchange rate.


    BTW, I don't know if your post was just a mistake, but they're being sold in pounds, not euros. The exchange rate is not as good.
    That was me typing on my work keyboard, which does funny things to special symbols.

    I have an invoice for 125L and if shipping to the us is 50L then the total at current exchange is $276. However, there is a note on a different page saying that out of stock boots ship at full price. The product page and invoice disagree, so I hope they do the right thing and charge me the 125L price.



  2. #142
    Join Date
    May. 11, 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    831

    Default

    What model did you get?

    Regarding the sales price...I think you should be alright. I had emailed them previously and this was their response:

    The price for shipping to USA is £50.00 – this sizes we have on the website are only the sale prices therefore if your size is not in stock and you want to order the boots then it would be the full price of

    S2602 - £350.00
    S3602 - £375.00

    I interpret that to mean if it was on the site, it was at the sales price.

    Also, the price on the site might include VAT which I dont believe we would pay, so if it showed as 150 on the site but your invoice was something different...that might account for the difference.



  3. #143
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alterageous View Post
    That was me typing on my work keyboard, which does funny things to special symbols.

    I have an invoice for 125L and if shipping to the us is 50L then the total at current exchange is $276. However, there is a note on a different page saying that out of stock boots ship at full price. The product page and invoice disagree, so I hope they do the right thing and charge me the 125L price.
    I interpreted it the same way as comingback...if it was in the drop down menu, it was "in stock", otherwise, if you had to call/email to order the size, it would be regular full price.



  4. #144
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    I interpreted it the same way as comingback...if it was in the drop down menu, it was "in stock", otherwise, if you had to call/email to order the size, it would be regular full price.
    Here's hoping! I really want my brown boots!



  5. #145
    Join Date
    Jul. 18, 2010
    Location
    Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Grand Prix Paddock boots brand new $100 - heres the link on Ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/300848135349...84.m1439.l2649

    My barn friend received her's last week - they look so good I ordered a pair in size 9 and at that price for that quality I really didn't have to think!! Just a tip - ask the seller what width they are before you order - and keep in mind - the Grand Prixs in this model run small in the widths, for example I take an 8.5B in a normal boot but in the Grand Prixs I take a 9c - maybe try some at a tack shop before if you can...



  6. #146
    Join Date
    Apr. 27, 2009
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Adams Horse Supplies is doing 15% off all Charles Owens helmets through 1/31 - promo code CH23G3. They have some really good prices on them to start, so with the sale, even better - AYR8 for about $288. I wish I knew about their prices both times I helmet shopped in 2008!

    In "not steal of a deal" news, CO has apparently entered the luxury helmet market with a $1k+ offering - http://www.smartpakequine.com/charle...x?cm_vc=Search . I will have to look next time I am at SmartPak to see what it even looks like.



  7. #147
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonHJ View Post
    Adams Horse Supplies is doing 15% off all Charles Owens helmets through 1/31 - promo code CH23G3. They have some really good prices on them to start, so with the sale, even better - AYR8 for about $288. I wish I knew about their prices both times I helmet shopped in 2008!

    In "not steal of a deal" news, CO has apparently entered the luxury helmet market with a $1k+ offering - http://www.smartpakequine.com/charle...x?cm_vc=Search . I will have to look next time I am at SmartPak to see what it even looks like.
    Cheshire Horse in NH is doing 20% off and they will ship if you know your size. Call the store 1-877-358-3001.



  8. #148
    Join Date
    Apr. 19, 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonHJ View Post

    In "not steal of a deal" news, CO has apparently entered the luxury helmet market with a $1k+ offering - http://www.smartpakequine.com/charle...x?cm_vc=Search . I will have to look next time I am at SmartPak to see what it even looks like.
    Oh, BROTHER. Really?! And you know they will sell... I am going to fall down laughing the first time I see someone who has actually blown that kind of money on a helmet, though.



  9. #149
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiderWriter View Post
    Oh, BROTHER. Really?! And you know they will sell... I am going to fall down laughing the first time I see someone who has actually blown that kind of money on a helmet, though.
    There was a $1400 leather GPA for awhile, but I don't recall that it sold that well. I think I did see a few though. Talk about excessive.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2007
    Location
    Zone IV/Area III
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    It's not really on SALE...but I am leasing a horse who apparently keeps breaking cheap leather halters, so I got him a leather halter from the Tack Shack of Ocala...

    http://www.tackshackocala.com/3040.html

    Triple stitched GREAT quality leather, nameplate, adjustable nose, and chin snap with free shipping and $5 FB coupon code = ~$50!!!

    Can't WAIT. I put my last name on the halter because I guess it will eventually be my other horse's halter. I usually just buy walsh halters, but I needed great quality for less $$.

    Will be sure to post pics when I get it!!! They even did a custom sized crown strap for me. I am pumped!


    2 members found this post helpful.

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2003
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    Brogini cancelled my brown boot order, saying they weren't in stock.

    Oh well, my off the rack parlantis are still coming from the UK for $604.



  12. #152
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    http://www.doversaddlery.com/sussex-...rs/p/PA-05351/

    ok, I'm chiming in! I got one of these leather halters just recently and is seems to be pretty darn good quality for the price, padded and full adjustable. For 36$ I was willing to buy sight unseen and hope for the best. The leather is supple and seems to be nice quality. The only quibble I have- which was brought to my attention before I bought- was that the black and burgundy was more of a black and brown. I thought people were being overly critical....they weren't. It's brown. Dover gets around this by mentioning the inconsistency of dying small batches blablabla....oh, well. If you want a black and brown leather halter for a great price here ya go!!!!



  13. #153
    Join Date
    Jun. 1, 2002
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,012

    Default

    Well the halter sounds more like false advertising and shoddy customer service which is normal for Dover.



  14. #154
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2007
    Location
    Zone IV/Area III
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reay6790 View Post
    It's not really on SALE...but I am leasing a horse who apparently keeps breaking cheap leather halters, so I got him a leather halter from the Tack Shack of Ocala...

    http://www.tackshackocala.com/3040.html

    Triple stitched GREAT quality leather, nameplate, adjustable nose, and chin snap with free shipping and $5 FB coupon code = ~$50!!!

    Can't WAIT. I put my last name on the halter because I guess it will eventually be my other horse's halter. I usually just buy walsh halters, but I needed great quality for less $$.

    Will be sure to post pics when I get it!!! They even did a custom sized crown strap for me. I am pumped!
    wanted to update this:

    already shipped out!! wow! so excited It's supposed to be here friday.



  15. #155
    Join Date
    Jan. 3, 2013
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Let us know when you get it I'm really interested I have been searching for a black leather halter for my horse and the price is really good.

    Quote Originally Posted by reay6790 View Post
    wanted to update this:

    already shipped out!! wow! so excited It's supposed to be here friday.



  16. #156
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2007
    Location
    Zone IV/Area III
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargzng386 View Post
    Let us know when you get it I'm really interested I have been searching for a black leather halter for my horse and the price is really good.
    I will! I've heard great things about these halters. I'd love a black one for my blue roan and grey...but they don't need new halters!! This guy desperately needs one so I am excited to get it in!! I will be sure to take pictures



  17. #157
    Join Date
    Jan. 29, 2013
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    500

    Default

    There's an awesome tack sale in NC that happens twice a year and you can get FABULOUS deals!! I got a $900 roping saddle for $300, and have gotten English saddles there that would cost $150-$300 new, that were in GREAT shape for only $25. it doesn't get much better than that, when you're on a lesson-program-budget!!



  18. #158
    Join Date
    Mar. 7, 2012
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargzng386 View Post
    Let us know when you get it I'm really interested I have been searching for a black leather halter for my horse and the price is really good.
    I got one to give as a present. It was really nice-great leather, pretty stitching, uniform, supple, etc. My only complaint is that the chicago (?) screws used to affix the nameplate were more of a copper color rather than brass. Very nice halter!



  19. #159
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2012
    Posts
    171



  20. #160
    Join Date
    Sep. 26, 2005
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    225

    Default

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLOSEOUT-TRE...item337f96c42e

    For those of us who were screwed by Brogini-- some Da Vinci's on closeout



Similar Threads

  1. Steal of a deal
    By chebeau in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct. 23, 2012, 09:41 AM
  2. Steal of a Deal
    By trainingtree in forum Dressage
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug. 13, 2011, 04:21 PM
  3. Steal of a deal
    By chebeau in forum Off Course
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jul. 19, 2011, 10:17 AM
  4. Steal of a Deal
    By enjoytheride in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr. 10, 2010, 05:44 PM
  5. A Steal of a Deal
    By equito in forum Off Course
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar. 6, 2010, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •